Udane

ttt_instigated_ruin_gfl_v4m4

Posted  Edited by Udane

So, here is the thing. I love making custom levels/maps for others to play on, and after spending some time with GFL, I knew I had to make something for the community. So here is the first map I've made specifically for GFL.

{Link Removed} (broken version)

{Link Removed} (old bad version)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1851412909 (version with water trap)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1862399555 (current version on the server)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1963884165 (version with the most recent changes... v4m4)

[Changelog3]
Completely removed a chunk of the level with the water and the ramp, people kept complaining about the layout being complicated and open, this should help make it a bit more linear.
Added a large crusher in the path from top-spawn into the tester room. Both because I think it's cool, and it should help add more options/flow to the map.
Changed the textures on the "side" areas to a white stone. People complained about all the colors being the same, so now you get blinded.
Some other really minor changes. (Like more boxes for variety.)

[Changelog2]

Removed the water trap in the sand area completely, including the ability to lock those doors.

Added a way to break the t-tester.

Removed the illusionary walls (the ones that were non-solid but could only see through one side).

Added a couple pillars near spawn.

Some other really minor changes.

[Changelog]

Nerfed the outside wooden wall in of itself.  (Thanks nep model)

Made it easier to climb up to the T exit that is near the outside.

Added a little bit more structure to the outside.

Made it easier to climb out of the tester room off of the rubble near the stairs.

Completely removed a medium sized redundant room that would circle into another room.

Changed the colour of most of the trim to help add slight diversity/understanding of which section you are in.

[End of Changelog]

Instigated Ruin is designed to be mostly mid-close range with some long range areas.

In terms of weapons, there is around 100 randomized weapon spawns, to attempt to make sure every player has at least a mediocre primary, but also making sure they wont just take the same path every round to get their shotgun. You have to search rooms and paths to find the better guns.

There is a very small detective room, that has 2 guaranteed shotguns and 2 guaranteed deagles. This room has an emergency button that will open a door out permanently. This detective room is also directly attached to a T room, of which the Ts can open and invade at any point.

Traitors have to worry about who can see them with each move they make, but have an easy time actually getting about by using their two small T rooms. They can enter them from 4 different locations, and exit out into 3 different rooms or use teleports into 4 other rooms.

The traitor tester was designed to feel completely different than normal, where you used to just put someone in, see them, wait, and get results... this time you do not get vision inside and it's them pressing another button that gets the results.

There are a few T traps, one of which will cause a complete change in the flow of the map. After 3 minutes, a button will activate, letting a traitor flood one connector of the map, preventing anyone from crossing through it, effectively blocking off 5 doors, one of which is completely sealed off except by a traitor door.

The other T traps include a breakable floor, a falling rock, and locking the tester door for nearly a full minute (have fun teasing the person inside with a c4, but do not accidentally give the innos a win by time limit).

There are a few other ways to goof off, some hidden goodies, and even a turtle out in the open to dance with.

Have 2 ingame images, just to give a feel of the map.

20190830192048_1.thumb.jpg.d2804e6cbf99891ee3579d3754e1811e.jpg20190826153258_1.thumb.jpg.4fc4a261c02d49ac4c8fa3131331798b.jpg

Edited by Udane

spacer.png

Posted  Edited by Duck.

Oohh is this the map you've been working on? I like the look, I'll download it soon and have a proper geeze

EDIT: I like it, I get ttt_temple_b2 vibes from it, I feel it'll fit well on the rotation server.

@Pancake Jenkins pls add

Edited by Duck.

Achievements