_Rocket_

GED Testing Stuff

So, my activity might slow down a little bit because of my GED testing. My first GED test comes tomorrow, which will start a wave of studying and other stuff. So my activity in TTT rotation and GFL forums may slow down a considerable amount until late this month/next month. But it will pick back up after I finish my GED testing and get my GED done and out of the way. No more school hecc ye bois

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Good luck.

Will you go for a community college degree afterwards?  Maybe?  I personally recommend it because it sounds like you're very interested in programming.  I don't think a lot of programmers need higher education because a lot of their skills come from practicing the language, but you learn the fundamentals to advanced stuff; also: HR people usually have no idea what they are doing (they have little to no technical background) and so they will aim for someone with a degree as a good measure rather than someone with years of experience.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

52 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Good luck.

Will you go for a community college degree afterwards?  Maybe?  I personally recommend it because it sounds like you're very interested in programming.  I don't think a lot of programmers need higher education because a lot of their skills come from practicing the language, but you learn the fundamentals to advanced stuff; also: HR people usually have no idea what they are doing (they have little to no technical background) and so they will aim for someone with a degree as a good measure rather than someone with years of experience.

Yeah I know about all that. The only way to get a job as a programmer is if you have a degree. It's a necessity. Because it's very true. Yeah, I plan on having a lifelong career as a programmer. Being a developer is pretty much a good way for me to gain a little more experience as I'm working on various projects.

13 hours ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

If you live in the US,  I believe getting a GED is better than a high school diploma. I don't know if it still holds true, but when I got my GED (1980), one could literally sail through high school without ever having to demonstrate they had learned anything. At least a GED shows you have the knowledge.

You seem to have a good grasp of what you want to do in life, and I hope you succeed!

I think it may depend on the area.  This is not true in my area.  This may because the area is surrounded by skilled jobs that require a degree and bachelors is practically the new high school diploma; several universities here have stringent requirements such as specific classes, units and grades, which have made GED very difficult to be accepted into a program.  The typical person going for a GED here has no intention of moving forward with higher education and will have to work their way up through time and experience (ie. a retail career) or start their own business.  This was my plan before I started my community college program and I was happy with it.  I only went back to school because someone with an opposing view on this matter called me stupid suggesting that everyone pursuing that route was a loser, and I had to prove them wrong.  It's a good reminder that being knowledgeable doesn't make you intelligent; it's how you put things together and approach the problems.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Well here's an update. I have passed the science and language arts tests! Just got my language arts result a few minutes ago. 2 more left and I'll officially have my GED. Wew. Just, Wew.

Just passed the social studies. Welp, math is the last test that remains. Let's hope my algebra skillz r dank.

No seriously though I have been studying math non-stop this month I better pass this damn test

Just now, _Rocket_ said:

Just passed the social studies. Welp, math is the last test that remains. Let's hope my algebra skillz r dank.

No seriously though I have been studying math non-stop this month I better pass this damn test

I hope you do

Well I just finished my last GED test. The math one. I'm waiting for the results. I should get a response in the next few minutes. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous.