andrewzong

Add a new vote for perm ban

6 hours ago, Loco said:

Additionally, players are underutilizing and avoiding the player report system in the forum and our ZE discord (@ZEModmail). When asked about player to utilize such a system,  player immediately rejects idea because of their procrastination. I found this ridiculous when the player wants to seek punishment for the accused perpetrator.  

this is because no one knows how to fucking use ze modmail, its not told to people on sv or made obvious on discord

commit miauaga

Sorry just saw this on the forums and thought I should come share some things (I have not even read the comments)

This is a complete NO GO. Perm bans should be only be given by admins. The community should have no voice on who should be perm banned and ect due to the fact that it could be abused by targeting one player. The ONLY voting that should be allowed is "Vote to Kick".

I am sorry, but perm bans in the hands of the community other than admins would be a terrible mistake because of that. I hope you understand, but in all the years I have been around there has never been a "vote to ban" for the community. Only vote to kick; however, you could always provide admins with video evidence/make a player report on someone. This is eventually lead to a ban sooner or later! Hope this helped! 

9 hours ago, Paranoid said:

If I want to report someone I need to use a third party service instead of something most servers use like !calladmin or reporting on the forums?

Why do you think people under-utilize such a feature?

There is a !calladmin and !report in game though, as well the fact you can report on the forums if you want to...

The ZE Modmail is only an alternative to those to make it a bit more convenient if you want to use discord instead to report.