Roy

Rate Limiting Enabled (Website Change)

Hey all,

I made an announcement on the official Discord server, but wanted to post it here as well. I've enabled rate limiting for PHP requests on the website based off of the header IP (the real client's IP instead of CloudFlare's). This should help with any future DoS/DDoS attacks.

Once the rate limiting was put in-place, a couple other stress testers and I could no longer take down the website (we were being successfully rate limited). Therefore, it's working out so far. I'm unsure how effective this will truly be on DDoS attacks, but depending on the size, it still may peg our web server. Though, at that point, we should be relying on CloudFlare and our hosting provider to filter the attack so it doesn't even reach the web server. Unless we had a lot of money to spend on a web server with enough cores to handle thousands of requests per second (coming from all different IPs), there's not much we can do with how much resources PHP and IPS 4 itself consume per request (which is a lot due to poor optimization within the software itself).

We've also allocated more resources to our web server to take on more requests.

Anyways, as of right now, the rate limiting is very strict. It does only apply to PHP files, though, since those hammer the server's CPU the most during attacks, etc. I'm not certain how stable our rate limiting will be at its current settings, so if anybody experiences errors while browsing the website, please let me know ASAP! We'll just have to see after the next few days.

Thank you!

Hidden

this test has killed my fingers but it was very fun to do XD

.eJwVzEEOhCAMAMC_8ABaC0L0NwQJkogltJ42-_ddM_f5mGdeZjen6pAd4GiSeR5WlGeqxVbmepU0mtjMHZJqymcvtwrQhs6vHqMPjrYXOES3hCWsRIjR-UjQ-r8RO-5qvj_gJCIu.t46Loz1YH4dqwtzyP7UxuKymbe4Capture.PNG.4c9bc5dbf21f8a1679c5bd711f1f064e.PNG

Former Manager On Hide and Seek

Former Admin  on prop hunt

Former trail admin on breach 

2 minutes ago, mbs said:

this test has killed my fingers but it was very fun to do XD

You were at above 6000 requests the last I looked, so nice job ;) 

Hidden
1 minute ago, Roy said:

Now all three of you are tagged.

Now Roy is the only one tagged. Gottem

Also darn it Roy, I was so close to hacking into your computer and you do this to me. You make a hakkurmanz job hard

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png