MauryTTF

GFL PropHunt Classic

Posted  Edited by MauryTTF

Myself and a couple other oldies from the classic GFL PropHunt days were thinking it'd be nice if there were a classic PropHunt server. The only differences between the contemporary PropHunt server and Classic I would recommend if this were to go through is:

1. No powerup crystals for players on the Prop team. Make it a nitty-and-gritty experience that requires juking and cheekiness.

2. All the maps are classic maps such as cs_assault, cs_italy, de_tides, de_nuke, de_train, de_port, ph_richland, etcetera... Everything that the server used to have.

We oldies want our nostalgia to be recognized! 😂

Edited by MauryTTF

Posted  Edited by nblock
On 10/5/2019 at 7:03 PM, Bae said:

I don't think they're planning to add anymore servers for Gmod side. Maybe one day in the future... 😂

you'll see

you'll all see

Edited by nblock

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by _Toxic_

To be completely honest with you, this idea isn't far out of reach. That's considering how we just got access to new machines that could run servers on them with plenty of room to expand multiple divisions, and I think something like this (a spinoff of a previous or current server based on a former version of it) would be a cool idea. Although, we may need some more ideas for the new server if we want it to really happen. I'd figure that admin teams would transfer/be global between the 2 servers, and we'd more than likely need a new manager or an additional manager to help manage the other one. But, this idea, in my opinion, is overall great and I'd love to be a part of this server and making it happen to the best of my abilities.

Edited by _Toxic_

Achievements

(I'm going to update this with more as I come up with more questions.)

As a continuation, I think there should be some more variables decided on for the server. (as to whether or not they should be included)

1. Unstuck command with jump boost or version that just gets you unstuck? (should the unstuck command be able to give you a jump boost still)
  2. Classic Prop Hunt gamemode or Prop Hunt: Enhanced without the powerup crystals/orbs?
  3. Brand new map pool that contains maps you mentioned and others or current GFL Prop Hunt map pool with the addition of the maps that you mentioned?
Edited by _Toxic_

Achievements

20 minutes ago, Fafy said:

Those maps are from Counter Strike Source, to play them you'd need CSS, which most kids don't

I could see that being an issue, but plenty of our current maps contain CSS textures already and we offer a free link to download the textures in text adverts. We don't currently get any complaints about CSS textures from what I've seen and the only times people mention them are when they need help installing them. We could make some sort of help page in discord to install it or something along those lines as a solution to people that don't have the textures.

Edited by _Toxic_

Achievements

As much as I want to expand and include this, I don't think this server will succeed, especially if you have folks supporting it. 

I'll bring my points:

In the past, when people wanted a server and claimed that they would be playing on it to populate the server. This have never happened. For a couple of days, sure, but afterwards, not so much. This became true multiple times. This has also caused a lack of server updates from server manager. 

To close what I'm saying: unless the server have dedicated manager, classic PH regulars, I don't believe this will happen. 

76561198043643390.png

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

This have never happened. For a couple of days, sure, but afterwards, not so much. This became true multiple times.

You probably weren't paying attention to how current prop hunt server started.
Literally @TheThirdReaper, @Boxy, @The Spider of Purgatory and me spend months literally just working on the server, actively administrating and helping out new members. If it doesn't work, can always shut it down. No biggie. As if current prop hunt wasn't shut down like 5 times before. As if minecraft didn't fail 20 times. People are legitimately motivated, not to mention we did create a discord group for most old timers from back 2015 prop hunt that currently holds well over 35 members.
Give it a chance :feelsbadman:

yeah.gif

3 minutes ago, Leks said:

You probably weren't paying attention to how current prop hunt server started.
Literally @TheThirdReaper, @Boxy, @The Spider of Purgatory and me spend months literally just working on the server, actively administrating and helping out new members. If it doesn't work, can always shut it down. No biggie. As if current prop hunt wasn't shut down like 5 times before. As if minecraft didn't fail 20 times. People are legitimately motivated, not to mention we did create a discord group for most old timers from back 2015 prop hunt that currently holds well over 35 members.
Give it a chance :feelsbadman:

Fair enough. Given that we have a lot of room in the machine, I don't mind doing that as there's no risk, but this is ultimately up to GMod Division Leaders. 

76561198043643390.png

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Fair enough. Given that we have a lot of room in the machine, I don't mind doing that as there's no risk, but this is ultimately up to GMod Division Leaders. 

Yes, that's true.

Sorry if I might've seen overly aggressive, it was definitely not my intention whatsoever 😳

yeah.gif

On 10/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, _Toxic_ said:
  • Unstuck command with jump boost or version that just gets you unstuck? (should the unstuck command be able to give you a jump boost still)
  • Classic Prop Hunt gamemode or Prop Hunt: Enhanced without the powerup crystals/orbs?
  • Brand new map pool that contains maps you mentioned and others or current GFL Prop Hunt map pool with the addition of the maps that you mentioned?
  • Includes the unstuck command with jump boost
  • Prop Hunt: Enhanced without the powerup crystals so players have precision rop changing at their disposal
  • Brand new map pool that contains some of the maps I mentioned (that are compatible and perhaps updated to PH standards)