JohnDoe1799

Ban Appeal for Rotation TTT

Name: JohnDoe1799

Steam ID (or steam profile link): 76561198324171133

Banned by: 

Starfox. (note this was on the TTT Minecraft 24/7 server as I could not find the specific server on the ban appeals in the forums.)

Ban Reason: spec burning

Why should you be unbanned

During my time playing on this server there was someone going around and spec burning certain people and we could not figure out who it was. After being rdmed and started spectating normally the spec burning started again so the admin at the time (Starfox) immediately singled me out ,even though I was not the only one dead, and permanently banned me from every single GFL server in operation permanently. Personally that seems rather harsh considering he did not even do a proper investigation and just banned me almost instantly.

Reasons why I should be unbanned:

1.) There was no proper investigation as to who the spec burner was and was immediately singled out and banned without a chance of knowing what was going on. That and the fact that I was permanently banned on the servers that I personally do not use at all, including Minecraft and Csgo, seems rather extreme for something that could be solved just by banning on a single server.

2.) Because of how quickly the ban was carried out, there was no time to explain that I do not know how to properly use console commands to do even simple tasks like setting up key binds for the TTT Minecraft 24/7 server. as I have an extremely hard time even remembering a set of 10 numbers, let alone being able to remember a code for something like this, makes it nearly impossible for me to do cause such malicious intent.

3.) After the ban I did some researching and could not find a single thing on google about the specifics of spec burning, including how its carried out and how it impacts the server. With so little information it almost feels like that there is no such thing as spec burning. Because of so little information given out it would only be learned through word of mouth. As I have no friends on steam (sad but true) ,and not even logging into my discord for a few months now, would make it impossible for me to learn the code used for spec burning, if such a thing exists to begin with.

In all honesty this perma ban from every single gflclan server seems rather unnecessary and too quick of a reaction for it to be just. Which would move over into admin abuse. However, I do not have any solid evidence to prove abuse. I just a story to tell and an appeal that I am hoping will be solved soon.

1781491179_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.c99c6a5f571a9a143fbada3b08eaf942.png

https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Johndoe&Submit=Search

I believe that's your ban. @starfoxgods

For #1, that's just how this community works. You get banned on one server for any length of time, you are banned on all of them for the duration. However I can say I'm not versed in Spec Burning either, so I don't have much to say about the ban itself. 

So is there anything that can be done at all? As far as I can tell spec burning is just a cover up (conspiracy much, but it makes sense to me) to get me out of the server, for whatever reason I do not know.

Plus the fact that you have to go through a ton of ban appeals how often does this ever come up? I do not know if you are allowed to share this privileged information, if starfoxgods has ever done this before, but if you can would that also build a case for admin abuse?

In my time here, this is the first I've heard of spec burning, and first I've heard anything negative towards Starfox. However all I can say to you is to be patient for now. I've tagged Starfox, so once they are available they will look at the appeal and explain their side, as well as make a decision as to whether or not to unban you. 

K, thank you for your help so far. I'm a realist at heart so I'm not expecting miracles. However I am curious about this whole spec burning thing as I just first heard of it on the same day I was banned.

To me it sounds more like anyone could do it if they had admin commands or is good with console commands, which I am neither of. Plus  considering this is my first (and hopefully last) ban with this clan so I'm not sure how this works as Iv been playing that one server for just over 2 years as a guest and I have never had this happen to me previously.

Hopefully it can be resolved soon so I can go back to being a T and trolling inno's with the jihad bomb 😝