Finnick

Need pc build opinions

Ive been getting a pc build list together for weeks and I've come down to this: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/bvcq3t

I wanted to opinions on it before I actually buy all the parts.

1) I wanna keep the rgb stuff RGB (ive been told to remove them by multiple ppl Poggers)
2) didn't choose a cpu cooler, since one comes with the Processor

budget is about $2900 CAD

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

3200hz RAM is a very important choice if you are going for the Ryzen 3000 series of CPU's. That was a smart move.

I also know you are an artist, so chances are your PC isn't just for gaming, so 32 GB of RAM might be a requirement.

I have never been much for RGB. So if it was up to me, I'd spend the money for Noctua fans in a heartbeat. But if you wanna have RGB, as long as you get good fans you should be fine.

I forgot the name of the AMD stock cooler. I think it's the wraith prism? That cooler is the best stock cooler in the market. You might get better cooling with a Noctua but unless you get an RGB extension, Noctua has no RGB. So the wraith should work perfectly fine.

We both already know how good the 2080 is.

Make absolutely sure to update the bios with the 3000 series CPU and the B450 motherboard. Otherwise you're gonna have a bunch of annoying issues. JaysTwoCents is a good YouTube channel to go to if you run into any problems. So is BitWit.

Overall I think you made decent choices. Again, I have never cared for RGB and would easily suggest Noctua. But if you don't care for it, that's all good. However I have noticed you don't have any hard drives. I strongly suggest you get at least a 2 TB hard drive to serve as a storage drive. I have 3 drives in my system. One is a primary SSD. One is a drive that mainly holds games (it's an SSHD). And a standard hard drive that holds all my programs I develop.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

1 minute ago, _Rocket_ said:

3200hz RAM is a very important choice if you are going for the Ryzen 3000 series of CPU's. That was a smart move.

I also know you are an artist, so chances are your PC isn't just for gaming, so 32 GB of RAM might be a requirement.

I have never been much for RGB. So if it was up to me, I'd spend the money for Noctua fans in a heartbeat. But if you wanna have RGB, as long as you get good fans you should be fine.

I forgot the name of the AMD stock cooler. I think it's the wraith prism? That cooler is the best stock cooler in the market. You might get better cooling with a Noctua but unless you get an RGB extension, Noctua has no RGB. So the wraith should work perfectly fine.

We both already know how good the 2080 is.

Make absolutely sure to update the bios with the 3000 series CPU and the B450 motherboard. Otherwise you're gonna have a bunch of annoying issues. JaysTwoCents is a good YouTube channel to go to if you run into any problems. So is BitWit.

Overall I think you made decent choices. Again, I have never cared for RGB and would easily suggest Noctua. But if you don't care for it, that's all good. However I have noticed you don't have any hard drives. I strongly suggest you get at least a 2 TB hard drive to serve as a storage drive. I have 3 drives in my system. One is a primary SSD. One is a drive that mainly holds games (it's an SSHD). And a standard hard drive that holds all my programs I develop.

Yeah was thinking of getting a Hard drive mostly just for not as important applications and as a save place for my art stuff, I might actually change the 2080 TI, someone else told me it does 75% of the performance for quarter of the cost, so I might change it to the MSI 2080 super gaming x trio (which is what i had my mind on originally)

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

1 minute ago, Finnick said:

Yeah was thinking of getting a Hard drive mostly just for not as important applications and as a save place for my art stuff, I might actually change the 2080 TI, someone else told me it does 75% of the performance for quarter of the cost, so I might change it to the MSI 2080 super gaming x trio (which is what i had my mind on originally)

Oh yeah, get the Ti version. If you're gonna go for a 2080, you might as well spend a little extra for the Ti because it's well worth the cost.

Even SSD's can die. The hard drive is just a safe place to store things in case one of your primary drives shoot themselves. You are spending $50, but it's worth it if it means your progress is saved. I lost projects when I didn't have a storage drive. I had to wipe my SSD clean around a year ago, and I lost all my progress on a program I was developing. Always have a dedicated storage drive. Always.

Overall I think you made smart choices. Again, very good move on getting 3200hz sticks. Ryzen 3000 CPU's get bottlenecked if the RAM isn't at that speed. It's small, but the impact is noticable during large workloads. And trust me, the wraith prism is the best stock cooler on the market right now. You don't need to buy a new cooler if you don't have to.

Posted  Edited by Finnick
1 hour ago, _Rocket_ said:

Oh yeah, get the Ti version. If you're gonna go for a 2080, you might as well spend a little extra for the Ti because it's well worth the cost.

Even SSD's can die. The hard drive is just a safe place to store things in case one of your primary drives shoot themselves. You are spending $50, but it's worth it if it means your progress is saved. I lost projects when I didn't have a storage drive. I had to wipe my SSD clean around a year ago, and I lost all my progress on a program I was developing. Always have a dedicated storage drive. Always.

Overall I think you made smart choices. Again, very good move on getting 3200hz sticks. Ryzen 3000 CPU's get bottlenecked if the RAM isn't at that speed. It's small, but the impact is noticable during large workloads. And trust me, the wraith prism is the best stock cooler on the market right now. You don't need to buy a new cooler if you don't have to.

Purchased my Ram and GPU +1 RGB fan through newegg

Now to buy the rest off amazon cause some of the parts were cheaper there :)

Edited by Finnick

Achievements

Posted  Edited by _Rocket_
9 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Purchased my Ram and GPU +1 RGB fan through newegg

Now to buy the rest off amazon cause some of the parts were cheaper there :)

T h e r e w e g o. Sometimes you find stuff cheap on new egg.

I'm not for sure if everyone knows that, but if you're shopping for PC components you should always look around. Do some research. You might get lucky and find a better price in a different site. So again, good move there.

Let me know how the build goes once you get all the components. Getting PC upgrades/a new PC is always exciting. Be sure to run some stress tests on your CPU and graphics card when it's finished. You're gonna be amazed on the improvements. Especially going from an Ryzen 5 1600 to a Ryzen 3700. And if course the always lovely 2080

Edited by _Rocket_

Posted  Edited by Finnick
5 minutes ago, _Rocket_ said:

T h e r e w e g o. Sometimes you find stuff cheap on new egg.

I'm not for sure if everyone knows that, but if you're shopping for PC components you should always look around. Do some research. You might get lucky and find a better price in a different site. So again, good move there.

Let me know how the build goes once you get all the components. Getting PC upgrades/a new PC is always exciting. Be sure to run some stress tests on your CPU and graphics card when it's finished. You're gonna be amazed on the improvements. Especially going from an Ryzen 5 1600 to a Ryzen 3700. And if course the always lovely 2080

Yeah some guy told me to stick with a 2070 Super, and im like, ah fuck it im gonna go all out, might as well

I'm gonna have Memory express people build it for me, Im too scared to do it myself, and I SERIOUSLY dont wanna fuck it up

even if it costs me 75 dollars Idgaf

Edited by Finnick

Achievements

1 hour ago, Finnick said:

I'm gonna have Memory express people build it for me, Im too scared to do it myself, and I SERIOUSLY dont wanna fuck it up

even if it costs me 75 dollars Idgaf

My Dad absolutely loves building PC's. So I have gotten a bit of that love. I'd honestly have a really good time building with those parts, because wow are they amazing components.

But I can understand why you don't wanna risk it. Almost a few thousand worth of components is pretty damn pricy, so I can't blame you for wanting to stay on the safe side. $75 is cheaper than a... $500 graphics card? Hell I don't even remember how much the damn 2080 Ti is.

38 minutes ago, _Rocket_ said:

My Dad absolutely loves building PC's. So I have gotten a bit of that love. I'd honestly have a really good time building with those parts, because wow are they amazing components.

But I can understand why you don't wanna risk it. Almost a few thousand worth of components is pretty damn pricy, so I can't blame you for wanting to stay on the safe side. $75 is cheaper than a... $500 graphics card? Hell I don't even remember how much the damn 2080 Ti is.

Just needed to ask,

The PSU is okay though right?

It says it'll disable 2 sata ports, Would that be an issue depending on how many SSD's/HDD's i get

I'll be getting the 1 TB WD ssd with the 1tb NVMe SSD

will also be getting the Western Digital 2TB 3.5-Inch SATA 7200 RPM 64MB
afterwards

Achievements

1 minute ago, Finnick said:

Just needed to ask,

The PSU is okay though right?

It says it'll disable 2 sata ports, Would that be an issue depending on how many SSD's/HDD's i get

I'll be getting the 1 TB WD ssd with the 1tb NVMe SSD

will also be getting the Western Digital 2TB 3.5-Inch SATA 7200 RPM 64MB
afterwards

M.2 SSD's tend to disable 2 ports. If it's a problem, you can buy a USB hub. Preferably an internal USB Hub. Since you are getting quite a few different drives, I highly suggest you invest in a USB hub. Since you have an M.2, you might be limited on your SSD's, but with a USB hub you can have plenty of hard drives.

Your PSU seems fine, a 650 will provide enough power. Though I do like Panasonic more as a brand, your PSU should do fine.