Liloz01

Changes to the Public Relations and Media Team

Changes to the Public Relations Team:

PR was created with the intent of advertisement, conflict resolution, member acceptance and recruitment, event management, writing newsletters and grammar checking, YouTubers/Streamers and I'm sure even more than what I've listed. To achieve this many Sub-Teams of PR such as Human Resources, Event Coordinators, Writers, etc. were created throughout PR's lifespan. PR only ever had one leader at one time. Each time the Leader left due to their own personal reasons (usually burnout caused by the amount of work/confusion/responsibility), it would cause problems with leadership. Because of this, PR has been disbanded. However, some Sub-Teams have been made into standalone Teams:

Minimising and splitting teams make them far more simple and therefore manageable. Senseless ambiguity surrounding teams is no more! Any expansion in the future will be very slow and safe, no more exploding 3 Teams into 1 Team with 12 Sub-Teams with no gain in Team Members.

Changes to the Media Team:

Every Sub-Team in the Media Team but Graphics was disbanded due to a lack of activity from the members. For this reason, Media Team has been changed into the Graphics Team, which currently has no Team Leader. 

TL:DR;

Public Relations (now Writing, Events and Member Accepters):
PR has been disbanded due to it being too complex and ambiguous to properly manage and understand. Some Sub-Teams from it have now been made into Teams:

Media Team (now Graphics Team):
Every Sub-Team in the Media Team but Graphics was disbanded due to a lack of activity from the members. For this reason, Media Team has been changed into the Graphics Team, which currently has no Team Leader. 

Thank you!

P.S

The Public Relations Forum will remain as it is for 7 days if there's anything in there you'd like to get. After that, I'll move it to some public trash bin or something.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Media Team was changed to GFX. Streamer and video editor were removed and writing was put into Public Relations.

֍ Trigger ֍

giphy.gif.b962afb65eeb4c051830d11c68ee16c0.gif

Achievements

If none of the topics are sensitive, then you could probably move it to off topic.  I'm sure you may have noticed that we go through these cycles frequently, and so have the information easily available might be in the best interest of the community.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I think it would be acceptable for this suggestion to resurface.  Truly simple and manageable; truly no more senseless ambiguity regarding bloated titles and teams.  I really would not be surprised if most applications were based on the premise that the applicant is an admin/leader trying to help the players on their servers, and it's really not a bad reason.  If they're shitty... then why trust them more with admin permissions compared to mere clicks "yes" or "no" in accepting members.  Opposing views were based on a very outdated premise when I made the suggestion, that member acceptors had more high risk permissions ie. Admin CP.  The only risk I ran into while I was in a role was server admins+ applying for membership, which they should be doing before they become admin and rare circumstances should not dictate the general flow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 4:39 AM, Joshy said:

If none of the topics are sensitive, then you could probably move it to off topic.  I'm sure you may have noticed that we go through these cycles frequently, and so have the information easily available might be in the best interest of the community.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:13 PM, Liloz01 said:

P.S

The Public Relations Forum will remain as it is for 7 days if there's anything in there you'd like to get. After that, I'll move it to some public trash bin or something.

Find the forum here: https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/1162-public-archives/

You should be able to view but not post on topics or create new topics. Related forms are now inactive.

In relation to your suggestion which I cannot quote because mobile epic... Yes. I'll look into how easy that would be to do, my guess is not very, as it's all part of one huge forum plugin; "gflcore". It's also sad to say that the vast majority of Admins probably wouldn't even want to. Having the option there most definitely wouldn't hurt, though.

The system for member applications is also going to be changed, hopefully soon, to be far more automated and self-directed... a goal that has existed for probably longer than your suggestion.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Posted  Edited by Joshy
41 minutes ago, Liloz01 said:

Find the forum here: https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/1162-public-archives/

You should be able to view but not post on topics or create new topics. Related forms are now inactive.

In relation to your suggestion which I cannot quote because mobile epic... Yes. I'll look into how easy that would be to do, my guess is not very, as it's all part of one huge forum plugin; "gflcore". It's also sad to say that the vast majority of Admins probably wouldn't even want to. Having the option there most definitely wouldn't hurt, though.

The system for member applications is also going to be changed, hopefully soon, to be far more automated and self-directed... a goal that has existed for probably longer than your suggestion.

Thanks.  It would be hard to say if it was longer than my suggestion.  I don't think it would be unfair of me to say I've had a lot of bold ideas and suggestions even before your time here; it's so long ago, that I'm sure a lot have forgotten my very brief stint as a staff member.  No doubt I was often frustrated with the lack of support and overlooked suggestions- some of them were revisited later and credited to others.

Edited by Joshy