Random Noise

Half Life 3 is announced

Jum VR? Ok this game is going to be disappointing, the half-life style and format is what made it one of the most remembered games in history. I can already feel the negative reviews, this will be like spiderman 3

Achievements

I feel as though Valve is missing an opportunity by not making a fully fledged VR Portal game.

By the way, is that the best article you could find?

"Alyx is the name of a character in the earlier Half-Life games."

This is written in a very misleading way since there are two Half-Life games (four if you count the HL2 episodes) and Alyx is in the later one. I figured that's not how they meant it, but it degrades the quality of the writing nonetheless.

"But like the rest of the universe he has not been properly seen since 2007, when the latest Half-Life game was released."

Alyx is female. The guy who wrote the article must have just Googled her name for some fast facts and assumed her to be male by her name. I get that not everyone is a gamer, but a little research goes a long way in journalism.

These might seem like petty gripes, but people like this are paid to write these articles. This is like getting paid to write a mediocre 200-word essay in high school. Game journalism is a joke.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

2 hours ago, Shuruia said:

I feel as though Valve is missing an opportunity by not making a fully fledged VR Portal game.

By the way, is that the best article you could find?

"Alyx is the name of a character in the earlier Half-Life games."

This is written in a very misleading way since there are two Half-Life games (four if you count the HL2 episodes) and Alyx is in the later one. I figured that's not how they meant it, but it degrades the quality of the writing nonetheless.

"But like the rest of the universe he has not been properly seen since 2007, when the latest Half-Life game was released."

Alyx is female. The guy who wrote the article must have just Googled her name for some fast facts and assumed her to be male by her name. I get that not everyone is a gamer, but a little research goes a long way in journalism.

These might seem like petty gripes, but people like this are paid to write these articles. This is like getting paid to write a mediocre 200-word essay in high school. Game journalism is a joke.

I like a youtube channel called Inside Gaming, I believe them to be accurate/credible. They might have an episode about this today

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

23 minutes ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

from the looks of it, it looks more like a prequel.

The game supposedly takes place in between Half-Life 1 and 2, so yea a prequel

֍ Trigger ֍

giphy.gif.b962afb65eeb4c051830d11c68ee16c0.gif

Achievements