Roy

Stock Killing Floor 2 Servers Setup

Hey everyone,

Since we have so much space for game servers (you can read why here), I've been trying to find games we can setup servers for to at least use 5 - 10% of the space we currently have (lol). I decided to setup ten Killing Floor 2 servers along with developing a back-end project that makes it so each one of these servers are running in their own Docker container, but they are mounted to the same volume meaning they use the same base files through Pterodactyl. This results in less space being consumed along with less maintenance (e.g. when a game update comes out, we'll only need to update the base volume that all servers use instead of each individual server). More on this project will be posted in a separate thread and I'll update this thread with the link once I publish it.

Anyways, here are all the servers via GameTracker:

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

* Server #1's host name will be corrected soon. I need to move it to the new system that all the other servers run off of at the moment.

These servers aren't consuming many resources (CPU and memory-wise). They're currently being ran off of our AMD Threadripper machine (32 cores and 64 threads). If these work out well, I plan to setup a few more that will take advantage of the "TakeOver" feature within Killing Floor 2 assuming I can get it working.

As of right now, there are 4 servers with the Normal difficulty, 2 servers with the Hard difficulty, 2 servers with the Suicidal difficulty, and 2 servers with the Hell On Earth difficulty. They are also hosted in New York City, NY as of right now.

Our website and official Discord server are also advertised on these servers. They will also be added to the server list soon.

For those that enjoy Killing Floor 2, feel free to try these servers out and invite your friends :)

I hope you all enjoy!

EDIT

Pterodactyl/Docker project can be found below:

Thank you for reading.

1 minute ago, Sneaky Weazel said:

I've been playing a ton of KF2 lately. I'm gonna check these out tomorrow!

Sounds good and let me know how it goes! :) 

Hidden

That's a lot of server 😶 I'll give it a try as well though I never played the game before... I hope it's similar to l4d so it'll be easier to understand.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Hidden
21 minutes ago, Bae said:

That's a lot of server 😶 I'll give it a try as well though I never played the game before... I hope it's similar to l4d so it'll be easier to understand.

The main game mode is wave based Survival Horror with a boss at the end. Not much to it, but it's fun to try out all the weapons and maps.

-Sneaky

Hidden

@Roy So I tried out a few of the servers and they are running fine. The only immediate issue I found was with the name of Server #1 which you already mentioned of course and also Server #10.
As you can see in the screenshot the difficulty should be Hell on Earth, but it is set to Normal.image.thumb.png.0e167139ed4d5cea0d49a27c9d88aa7f.png

-Sneaky

2 minutes ago, Sneaky Weazel said:

@Roy So I tried out a few of the servers and they are running fine. The only immediate issue I found was with the name of Server #1 which you already mentioned of course and also Server #10.
As you can see in the screenshot the difficulty should be Hell on Earth, but it is set to Normal.image.thumb.png.0e167139ed4d5cea0d49a27c9d88aa7f.png

I did not notice Server #10's difficulty wasn't set properly. It should be set to Hell on Earth now!

I plan to move Server #1 to the new system sometime today as well.

Thank you for the heads up and I'm happy to hear they're running okay 😄