Sign in to follow this  
Flareon

Flareon has applied for Developer

My Age: 26

My Talent: 

I'm a Software Engineer for a major US logistics company. I'm proficient in: Python, C#.net, JS/TS, SourcePawn, PHP, SQL (MySQL/Postgres/Oracle/MSSQL), LUA (But I would prefer not to write LUA), GIT, CI/CD and build pipelines.

I have written numerous plugins for Prestige Gaming (which has now been absorbed into EdgeGamers) and contributed significantly to the PG website and the management / development standards of the Tech Team.

As far as a portfolio, most of the work I've done has either been for other gaming communities or for work, therefore I'm not able to disclose it.

I do have a CS:GO Murder plugin that I'm currently working on that I'd be willing to showcase if needed.

Hours/Week: 10 ish - Might vary based on RL commitments

I'm extremely familiar with the old pG community that was ran by Abdul. Is there anyone from that community (manager or someone whom might be known) that can confirm your participation in their development? 

Also, great to see you apply. I'll stay neutral until I can see some work or confirmation from a pG rep. 

48 minutes ago, ghostthemarine said:

I'm extremely familiar with the old pG community that was ran by Abdul. Is there anyone from that community (manager or someone whom might be known) that can confirm your participation in their development? 

Also, great to see you apply. I'll stay neutral until I can see some work or confirmation from a pG rep. 

I was actually Community Manager in pG at one point. My pG name was Jon, but that was already taken here. If you manage to get in touch with Abdul, he knows me. 

I worked on Jailbreak with Kieran and numerous other projects with other people. I'm not sure who else you might know that would be able to confirm.

Since the website has been deleted now (Thanks Abdul) I can't link you my profile, but I did find a wayback machine archive of the leadership roster showing me as Tech Council (before the ranks were changed) https://web.archive.org/web/20151122110631/http://www.prestige-gaming.org/roster

So I have finalized my research into your background at pG and eGo. I will go ahead and automatically reply with a -1 

The main reasons are as follows:

*Multiple community members have stated that you had tried to attempt to overthrow leadership that was not to your liking

*Multiple members have stated that you hoped around to multiple divisions in hopes of gaining higher leadership abilities within the communities. A sign of a power hungry state of mind.

* In an attempt to overthrow leadership, it ultimately lead to you being denied into their tech roles at their community.

With being a developer here, it's not a special privilege. It's a role that you gain to help out the community as a whole in the development of the clan. It's a way you can show off your talents, while providing more efficient ways of game play and web service viewing. 

I thank you for applying. However, my vote will remain the same throughout the duration of your application and future applications. We'll look to see what other developers have to infer on this. 

Edited by ghostthemarine
Finalized research with member's past community.
  • Like 1