Gumb4ll'98

KOS Off of Disguiser - Changes

So for about the past week or so, I've always been getting reported for KOS'ing someone for using a disguise, which is understandable since that is against the rules, but i want to point out that i am correct 100% of the time without hesitation. The problem is that players are too monotonous with how they play, and some players learn of their habits and affiliation with different play styles, and that's what i wanted to talk about.

The first issue i want to point out is that you should be able to KOS them off of that since i feel like it falls under just using logic to determine who is a T. Everyone mostly plays in a static manner in that they just use the same cosmetics and habitual play styles whenever they're innocent, detective, or a terrorist. It seems like that's the biggest issue i have been noticing myself when people do call it out, they will say you have no grounds or proof because "mUh DisGuIseR", you can call it out when you're absolutely certain of who the person in question is, because of the aforementioned details above, but you'll get reported anyways because that's what the rule states, and i don't feel like that should warrant a report.

I have been correct all of the times i called someone out on using a disguiser, and it's because of these details that i notice about the player and their playstyle. I understand why the rule is there, because you can't KOS off of skin since people can just change their skins, but i feel like it should be changed to not be interpreted soo literally.

The easiest way to go about this is to actually change how the disguiser functions, in that it just changes you to a basic player-model with no outside cosmetics added, since most of the players already look like that. This would definitely improve on how people report other players for KOS'ing them off of disguiser since there is a much, much smaller chance of you actually figuring out who it is (other than minute details like movement, habits, etc.)

This also becomes a RDM issue since you will get slain if you go off of skin in the first place, but the people are correct pretty much all of the time because of those details i mentioned, so whats the point of using a disguiser if people already recognize you outside of your name.

This is just my observation, and you can freely disagree with me.

I agree with Gumb4ll. Since i use a unique skin I end up getting Kos'd of me skin but I don't (personally) mind i just tell them that they cannot kos off skin. I think if you use the disguiser w/ a unique skin you should know that it comes with a price, even with the rules. It adds a bit more difficulty, which is why I enjoy doing it. But i agree 100% with Gumb4ll.

Posted  Edited by MilkMan

The disguiser has a main purpose to hide the players name, to prevent a KOS on their name. If someone KOS's off skin that would be breaking one rule and if they KOS on "their styles," that would be breaking a second rule, KOS'ing off suspicion. You can't always assume that THAT player will always keep that same play style.

I'm not sure if your intention is to loophole the shit out of this rule, but even if it isn't, I don't get why so many people come up with these loopholes in the first place. The rules are put in place to help the Traitors have a fair game, because they are quite out numbered. Adding T weapons and D weapons to somewhat even out the game, obviously. As a player though, it isn't fair to them to use a Disguiser and still be able to be KOS'd. Even if I changed the function of the disguiser to change their skin to default, it would definitely be even more of a disadvantage because then people would watch for skin changes OR people will start to use skins less and less(which means less donations, so on and so on). Also, your idea of KOS'ing people off play styles would then be kinda useless because of that function. Unless NOBODY had skins, but for our Community, we need to have that perk in our servers. Last thing i forgot to add is that; you can't exactly use logic in this case because the disguiser kinda overrides that aspect. UNLESS, you guys are the only two and for whatever reason he has disguiser on, then yeah you can use the process of elimination.

Edited by MilkMan

giphyMilkMan.gif.fb5ae94508aa4d64ac8cb43f19d36ff4.gif

I'm not trying to loophole it, I'm trying to point out how useless it is for the most part if i can already identify who the person is anyways based on their location, or their habits. The disguiser in itself is actually a really bad item since if someone can already easily identify a person who uses it without actually seeing their name beforehand, they can just follow them around for the entire game until they do something. My proposed changes allow people to adopt different play styles so that they can fully utilize it to their advantage alone so that it would definitely be harder to identify the individual in that manner. My pointing out those things are the reason i wanted the proposed changes, sure the people in question can still play the same, but I believe that would be a misuse of how my idea should be.

7 hours ago, Gumb4ll'98 said:

The disguiser in itself is actually a really bad item since if someone can already easily identify a person who uses it without actually seeing their name beforehand, they can just follow them around for the entire game until they do something

That's the point, chief

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SkydivingSquid

Use logic sparingly. If you are looking at someone and they do not have a name, of course you can kill them with justification.

You cannot however, call a KOS on someone's skin who is missing a name - i.e "KOS on the Luigi at t<location>. He is disguised."

However, I'd argue that you can say, "there is a Disguised Traitor at <location>".
In order for this person to be killed, they must still be disguised.

You should never include a skin in a KOS, simply because it is unfair and can be changed relatively easily. 

🦑