Cryotheum

Cryotheum has applied for Developer

My files did not get uploaded... so I will attach them here.

nz_progress_bar.luamoney.sp

nzombies.sp

Also my record tracker on github

https://github.com/Cryotheus/nzombies_record_tracker/commits/master

Edited by Cryotheum
Added a github link

This is going to show the oldness in me; apologies in advance. It's really excellent to find passionate and motivated young men and women coders who are looking to always show and display their talents. It's your generation alone that could change the way we write code. Could also be the generation that implements a new programming language. 

Your application is promising. I'm going to stay neutral for the time being, as I want to see what other developers have to say in regards to you. 

Thank you for applying, @Cryotheum

• Like 1

I enjoy your passion. I would like to believe I share that same passion for programming. I often give myself big projects to work on so I can get more experience with any languages I work with. As of right now, I am most interested in software development or GUI development. Mostly with C++, but I have been learning C and plan to learn other languages to expand my knowledge even further. I mean after learning a few new languages recently, I have already found it much easier to come up with creative ideas to fix a problem that comes up when I wrote code with C++.

With that being said, my time hasn't been spent on a lot of scripting languages like sourcepawn and Lua. So I can't make a valid conclusion on your programming practices just from the code you provided. Of course that's nothing on you, I am just too much of a stubborn boi to make scripts instead of making software haha. However, that progress bar code does look clean, especially for something written in Lua. You organize the code in a way that is easy to follow and read. I also enjoy that you actually use local functions instead of cramming everything into a single drawn out function. It is very good practice to split your code out into multiple functions. Every function should serve 1 job, not multiple. It improves readability, and it makes it much easier to expand on the code later. And good god does it make bug fixing 10x easier. And that is not an exaggeration, either.

For the time being, I am going to remain neutral until I find a time to contact you directly. Unless you can provide a discord tag of some sort, I'll likely contact you through this sites PM's. In the meantime, thanks for applying Cryotheum. Hope your day is going well!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, _Rocket_ said:

For the time being, I am going to remain neutral until I find a time to contact you directly. Unless you can provide a discord tag of some sort, I'll likely contact you through this sites PM's.

Feel free to contact me through my discord: Cryotheum#4096

Hey, @Cryotheum.

I've been unable to get in contact with Rocket, so I am not sure if you guys ever spoke. Nonetheless, are you still interested in becoming a developer? 😄

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

Hey, @Cryotheum.

I've been unable to get in contact with Rocket, so I am not sure if you guys ever spoke. Nonetheless, are you still interested in becoming a developer? 😄

Yes, I am still interested. Also, I have not yet spoke with Rocket.

Alright, feel free to add me on Discord, then we'll have a chat. My handle is Nick 🍌#6127. 😄

• Like 1

I had a good talk with @Cryotheum on Discord. Your work is nice, and you seem very motivated, and I think you'd make a great member of the team. +1

• Like 1

Your application has been accepted. Welcome to the team! I'll send you a DM soon to get you fully on-board. 😄