hotEvercLear

Unofficial GFL Mapping Contest

Posted  Edited by reduct

Special thanks to GFL and the admin team for helping with this event. The goal is to attract new mappers, get some new fun maps, and help improve the quality of our mapping community through collaboration and discussion between mappers. 

Rules:

Contest runs from now until January 31st.  If you have a map that is less than 15% complete, you can use that as a starter. (if it takes 100 hours to finish, you should not have more than 15 hour of time spent for example. HONOR SYSTEM EVERYONE!!!). Maps must be uploaded to the server through the following form by 11:59pm CST (Central Time USA) 1/31/2020 here . We will start doing some tests after January 31st, and any bugs can be fixed then and re-uploaded but no changes other than bug fixes to the map for it to still count in voting. Admins will have final say if a map passed the final test and will be added to the pool to be voted on. We will do a mini event of sorts to run through the maps for a final round of testing and then vote on the winner Mid-Late January.  

Prizes:

1. If your map is accepted, no matter what you will get mapper tag which comes with perks including:

- Reserve Slot in the Server, similar to VIP/Donator

- Access to special Skins in Server

- Discord Mapper Tag

- Cash Prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place 

1st - $20

2nd - $10

3rd - $5 

Tips:

I would HIGHLY encourage anyone that wants to get into mapping to join #Mapping in discord. There are many very active Sr. Mappers who can help you with the more complicated stuff, and plenty of great/terrible ideas floating around in there all the time. Additionally, the Pinned messages are full of great guides and videos and links to get started. 2 Months is plenty of time to get a fun map put together, even if it is your first time. The hardest part is coming up with a good idea. If you put in the work and learn, #Mapping can make it a reality. 

Good Luck, Have Fun, Keep on Hammering!!!!

I will make a 2nd post with a running list of everyone who wants to participate. I will give it another week to cut of registration, so please register by 12/14 if you want to participate. 

Note, if someone wants to make a banner, that would be pretty cool!

Important edit Jan 13, 2020:

For mappers taking part in the contest,

We have created a map submission form specifically for this mapping contest. Submissions for this contest will close at January 31st 00:30 PST so please remember to send in your final map version here. 

>>CLOSED<<

Edited by reduct

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

Mappers So Far:

@hotEvercLear

@Switchback

@Qahnaarin

@Pasas1345

@Henry

@Sn3kyP3akyleik (AKA Demon in Discord)

@WildBanana

@2554

@reidusgelo

@HeroinxHussein

@sTc

@SmallSmokePL

@Mavis

@Maryvale

@omarfire00

@riedoried

Edited by hotEvercLear

42 minutes ago, Morbid said:

So why did this go from official to unofficial

zlUf.png

This is organized and held by GFL community members, not by us, the staff. The cash prize sponsorship comes privately too and is not being provided by GFLClan.

I said it on discord, but i guess i can say here too... If anyone entering wants someone to help test their map, i happen to be **ok** at finding glitches. :lenny:

-Sausage Clicker

10 hours ago, reduct said:

This is organized and held by GFL community members, not by us, the staff. The cash prize sponsorship comes privately too and is not being provided by GFLClan.

So it was never official and he just said it was?

Posted  Edited by Wild

he thought it would be official since cash prizes are now involved  ( even if they are little ) but   gfl staff is not  organizing this contest thus it   is  "unofficial" contest between mappers

Edited by Wild

4 hours ago, Morbid said:

So it was never official and he just said it was?

there was some confusion between admins and staff as to what constituted official and unofficial. rather than split hairs just know its "unofficial" but we have the full support and backing of the ZE Admins for this. 

so we have 13 mappers who have said they are in... assume a few will pull a Shiro and not end up finishing a map in time (or ever), so lets assume we get 8-10 maps. I think that is a good amount so cutting this off tomorrow for anyone else to join in on the fun. 

if anyone else wants in, speak now or forever be an ape... I will close this off tomorrow for additional participants. Lots if interesting things happening in #mapping around this. I am very excited to see what we turn out.