Sign in to follow this  
Loco

Loco has applied for Developer

+1 from me :) 

I was just curious, do you have any experience with reverse engineering? If so, are you able to find signatures and offsets in the Source Engine for certain functions in Windows/Linux?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Roy said:

I was just curious, do you have any experience with reverse engineering? If so, are you able to find signatures and offsets in the Source Engine for certain functions in Windows/Linux?

Thanks!

Well I could say I'm not in the expert of reverse engineering. I did tried to find a offset not too long ago only to realize free version of IDA 64 doesn't really work on CSGO. :(

Edited by Loco
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Loco said:

Well I could say I'm not in the expert of reverse engineering. I did tried to find a offset not too long ago only to realize free version of IDA 64 doesn't really work on CSGO. :(

I wasn't aware IDA 64 (free) didn't work well for CS:GO builds. I know they stripped the debugging symbols from both builds (Windows and Linux), so now it's a pain to find anything in both. Do you know the specific reasoning to why IDA 64 (free) doesn't work well for CS:GO (just curious)?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Roy said:

I wasn't aware IDA 64 (free) didn't work well for CS:GO builds. I know they stripped the debugging symbols from both builds (Windows and Linux), so now it's a pain to find anything in both. Do you know the specific reasoning to why IDA 64 (free) doesn't work well for CS:GO (just curious)?

Thanks!

Sorry for delay response had irl stuff to take care today. 

Well let me correct my 🤦‍♂️. It's lot now difficult to find now fact that valve stripped symbols and have to compare with the previous version or non stripped version of dll. 

• Like 1

In your "Advance Fun Command" plugin is the timer logic in OnMapStart pretty weird and will produce memory leaks because non closing timers (you create the handles on every map change but you don't close the old ones). Make the handles as global variables or add the timer flag TIMER_MAP_NO_MAPCHANGE ( Timer will not carry over mapchanges ).

My suggestions for Advance Fun Command: Move CreateConVar stuff into OnPluginStart (like all other plugins) and GetConVar* in OnMapStart is also pretty "bad", you'll never receive the configured value (figured this out on my test server, some months ago, maybe it was a bug(?)) - use OnConfigsExecuted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2019 at 9:34 AM, Roy said:

Thanks!

On 12/6/2019 at 10:55 PM, Loco said:

Sorry for delay response had irl stuff to take care today. 

Well let me correct my 🤦‍♂️. It's lot now difficult to find now fact that valve stripped symbols and have to compare with the previous version or non stripped version of dll. 

IDA64 would not work on either of these because these are 32 bit DLLs. Secondly, Valve has always stripped symbols and only accidentally left them on CSGO once in May 2017. The symbols for gmod are still on the MacOS version, and can be used to cross-reference between windows/linux .dll/.so

Secondly, you can use class informer and strings to help you find specific values and check lestaD's 2007 source SDK post on github.

edit: pirate IDA or use xDbg, ollyDbg, or Ghidra if you want public/free disassemblers. Ghidra is pretty alright, and have used it in the past to get rid of opaque predicates in OW

Edited by LilyShiro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1