Le Soc

New Moderation application

What is your TeamSpeak username and Discord ID? Goose#1931

Which platforms are you applying for?

All GFL Official Discords

How would you describe your activity there?

I would personally say I have been very friendly, and hope people feel I am a very approachable person if there are any issues that they need help finding a solution for.

Why are you interested in becoming a Moderator?

I have been on the GFL Prop Hunt Discord server for a while which has been a really nice, friendly place. I have also been running a small server of my own with some friends in it recently, and I have enjoyed the overall experience, as I find it interesting to meet all kinds of different people and help them out with problems they may be having, whether it's to do with a game or real life.

How would you typically go about handling a conflict between two users?

I would keep myself calm and advise them to take the argument elsewhere, or drop it. If they do not co operate then I will mute them temporarily.

Have you ever been warned or muted? If so, explain what happened.

No I have not been warned or muted before.

Moderators, please +1 or -1 this application with an explanation for your vote.

Edited by Le Soc
Skipped the "How would you describe your activity there?" criteria accidentally.

Not sure if I'm supposed to comment on this, but GFL Prop Hunt isn't an official GFL Discord server. So, none of your activity or behavior there would really assist in your application from what I've heard.

Edited by Toxic

1 hour ago, Toxic said:

Not sure if I'm supposed to comment on this, but GFL Prop Hunt isn't an official GFL Discord server. So, none of your activity or behavior there would really assist in your application from what I've heard.

How come it isn't official? There's invites to it from both the main GFL server and the GFL Gmod server.

1 hour ago, Le Soc said:

How come it isn't official? There's invites to it from both the main GFL server and the GFL Gmod server.

The Prop Hunt discord is on the server, but it isn't an "official" one, meaning GFL staff members such as Moderator, Team Leaders, etc. are not given their ranks on their. The staff on that discord are only Prop Hunt staff or have ranks like Developer, Director, Division Leader, etc. Basically, it isn't covered by moderators, so it doesn't count as official.

5 minutes ago, Toxic said:

The Prop Hunt discord is on the server, but it isn't an "official" one, meaning GFL staff members such as Moderator, Team Leaders, etc. are not given their ranks on their. The staff on that discord are only Prop Hunt staff or have ranks like Developer, Director, Division Leader, etc. Basically, it isn't covered by moderators, so it doesn't count as official.

Well, if there's a position available I would be more than happy to take it.

unfortunately @Le Soc, @Toxic is correct. this application is just for the official discords only. i went to the prop hunt discord and tried to look into your activity there but i couldn't find any text chat messages at all from you, so unfortunately we're at a loss there too.

gooseboy.PNG.5b53d74e5de89f84c32920618942cd5b.PNG

nevermind, my discord fucked up is all. 

still, activity really only counts in the official discords

Edited by motorsteak
discord gay head

Just now, motorsteak said:

unfortunately @Le Soc, @Toxic is correct. this application is just for the official discords only. i went to the prop hunt discord and tried to look into your activity there but i couldn't find any text chat messages at all from you, so unfortunately we're at a loss there too.

gooseboy.PNG.5b53d74e5de89f84c32920618942cd5b.PNG

I've had trouble recently finding my own messages in this server other servers recently, there should be messages there. That is definitely my tag, so I'm not sure why it's doing that.

Yeah, Discord searches have been broken ever since the downtime on Saturday. I haven't been able to search and get results since the servers were down.

Edited by Toxic
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Toxic said:

Yeah, Discord searches have been broken ever since the downtime on Saturday. I haven't been able to search and get results since the servers were down.

Just found out it's been fixed now, so you should be able to see my activity.

Goose1.thumb.png.75fd541741db84aeb88fdc2bf1735c2e.pngGoose2.thumb.png.adf61da19ca5618a182a83c207766f98.png
Unfortunately, you only have a total message result of 60 across GFL Official servers that i am in (Gmod, Official, TF2)
This is not enough to actually meet the minimum requirements that were found here;

This states a loose guide of 2000+ messages, daily activity in one or more official branded Discords (CS:GO, TF2, GMOD, Rust, Minecraft) - which you currently don't match with your activity.
Sorry, but do feel free to apply later on if you still have interest!

Edited by Harakoni

13 minutes ago, Harakoni said:

Goose1.thumb.png.75fd541741db84aeb88fdc2bf1735c2e.pngGoose2.thumb.png.adf61da19ca5618a182a83c207766f98.png
Unfortunately, you only have a total message result of 60 across GFL Official servers that i am in (Gmod, Official, TF2)
This is not enough to actually meet the minimum requirements that were found here;

This states a loose guide of 2000+ messages, daily activity in one or more official branded Discords (CS:GO, TF2, GMOD, Rust, Minecraft) - which you currently don't match with your activity.
Sorry, but do feel free to apply later on if you still have interest!

Aren't you in the prop hunt Discord? Surely my activity there could count for the app?

1 hour ago, Le Soc said:

Aren't you in the prop hunt Discord? Surely my activity there could count for the app?

nope, i said this earlier

Just now, Le Soc said:

Any reason as to why it doesn't count?

Because it isn't an official Discord. I'd suggest you go back and read the other comments.

1 minute ago, Le Soc said:

Any reason as to why it doesn't count?

because it's not an officially moderated discord. that's like saying "i play on prop hunt, accept my ttt staff app" when you have no hours on ttt

Just now, Toxic said:

Because it isn't an official Discord. I'd suggest you go back and read the other comments.

But it's still a GFL server that has official admins that moderate an official gmod server, so I just don't get why the discord server is unofficial. Sorry if this is annoying, I just think you didn't get the point I was trying to make.

Just now, Le Soc said:

But it's still a GFL server that has official admins that moderate an official gmod server, so I just don't get why the discord server is unofficial. Sorry if this is annoying, I just think you didn't get the point I was trying to make.

understanding subtle differences like this is a key part of being a moderator, i'm just gonna deny this because you don't meet the requirements and you're not getting the hint that your prop hunt discord activity doesn't count in discords that aren't the prop hunt discord