NigelTheBird

Extend cap on Surf Timer

Extend Cap on Surf Timer  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would an extend cap on surf timer be a good idea?

• Yes, a cap would be good for an equal variety on each server.
    • No, if people want to extend, just let them extend.

In my time on the GFL surf timer servers, there have been situations where maps have been getting extended 2,3,4 times which can cause some aggression in some players, as well as frustration in others that just want to play a different map. 

My question is: Would an extend cap be a good idea on surf timer maps? 

I understand RTV is a thing, but there are times where some AFK players aren't there to RTV which keeps the map going. 

Hello. Map extensions already have a cap. 2 On #1 and #2 and 4 on #3 (Expert). The reason why #3 has more is because some people want to try to finish very hard staged maps, some of them have gone beyond needing two hours even, which is past the 4 extends including the map time itself. (I.e surf_lt_omnific_fix)

I guess technically speaking, there is no limit as to how many times you can extend if a vote is called by a VIP/Supporter as they all have the vote extend command when 5 minutes is remaining on a map. (!ve) But that will not be going away as it's a nice feature. 

With that being said, I could consider lowering the caps slightly. The extend could only be 5 minutes on the easy servers rather than 15, and keep the same number (2), or perhaps only allowing it once there. Certainly open to suggestions.

Thanks.

PS, moving this to the correct subforum. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)

Posted  Edited by Ancliz

I think it's almost perfect the way it is. It currently sits capped at 2, which allows for an hour of a map and should be enough time for most beginners to get the hang of it or progress quite far, ready for the next time around. I too get frustrated when I'm sick of a map, but there is more than one server and honestly it's not that big of a deal, being only an hour, if even that.

The only recommendation I make is to cap aircontrol to 1, being by far the easiest map.

The expert server has a completely different playerbase and I don't see them extending the same 4 maps over and over.

7 hours ago, FrenZy said:

With that being said, I could consider lowering the caps slightly. The extend could only be 5 minutes on the easy servers rather than 15, and keep the same number (2), or perhaps only allowing it once there.

I'm not for changing the duration to anything lower than 10. 5 minutes seems quite useless and unfulfilling to me.

Edited by Ancliz

d3ni3d.JPG

ripreaper.thumb.JPG.fc4822e9019e5adf1d9b7525ce37b72c.JPG

we just extended a map to 100 and honestly was a good time! wouldnt want to cap it imo. Some poeple like the map, like tonight we were all extending the map because were were having challenges of beating each others time on fast forwards. Like it was a good run! may be boring to 1 or 2 ppl but theres 2 easy servers as aswell as an expert server so if they dont enjoy a map thats been on for nearly 2 hours (omegalul) they have the right to leave. thats why when vote extending it has to be over 50% so its an equal vote to pass, everyones opinion matters uwu 

i would probs like to see a !ve time selection as its only 10 mins by default that i know of, maybe if there was a 5,10,15 would be a little more fitting for those last few beginners to get that last extra 5 mins in, seeing theres more new players asking for extends than asking for rtvs nwn 

bear.gif.7d03a878b291f0b1a286f0c5d55c41a6.gif