FordoGreenman

Decoy Dodgeball?

A few years ago I had found the GFL community under the custom game-mode Decoy Dodgeball --- I did a quick Google search to see if the plugin was still around (it is, albeit old, and probably not up-to-date afaik)

Any chance that it's still around, in some form or fashion? I see the creator released it to the public some years back.. but I wasn't sure if it had completely died as of late.

If so, any info on this? I'm looking to play around with it again, if possible. Though, my hopes aren't high considering CSGO Updates possibly rendering the plugin useless... I had made some maps back then as well, which I believe I might still have access to.

Either way, thanks for you time in reading the post, and answering my questions; if you happened to know something.

Cheers!

-FordoGreenman

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! Glad a couple people would be down - it obviously wouldn't be a GFL official server; but I'll look into the plugin.. play around with it a little to see if it still works.

If I throw a small server up (obviously I won't advertise on here) I'll let you guys know how to get a hold of me outside of GFL forums.

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

• 2 weeks later...

Alright fellas!

I got a 20-Man Decoy Dodgeball server up, and running. So far, there are only 2 maps. db_gymnasium, and db_glowball (feel free to name-drop some maps; I'll check them out and add them to map-pool if they look good)

@Roy I've also credited you in MOTD for the plugin. Hope you don't mind.

If you, and some of your members are interested in playing still,  just let me know and we can discuss an advertisement of some kind. I don't want to just plop it down here, and now for obvious reasons. Not trying to get myself banned :P

Feel free to contact me through Discord at zebra67#8190 if I don't reply to the forum post in a timely manner.

Cheers!

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2020 at 1:43 AM, FordoGreenman said:

Alright fellas!

I got a 20-Man Decoy Dodgeball server up, and running. So far, there are only 2 maps. db_gymnasium, and db_glowball (feel free to name-drop some maps; I'll check them out and add them to map-pool if they look good)

@Roy I've also credited you in MOTD for the plugin. Hope you don't mind.

If you, and some of your members are interested in playing still,  just let me know and we can discuss an advertisement of some kind. I don't want to just plop it down here, and now for obvious reasons. Not trying to get myself banned :P

Feel free to contact me through Discord at zebra67#8190 if I don't reply to the forum post in a timely manner.

Cheers!

is this server still up?

14 minutes ago, OrLaNs21 said:

is this server still up?

Yes, actually. I forgot to cancel this last month (Got side-tracked and never set up more maps; Noone playing on it currently) - but yes! It's on the master list. Should be able to find it in the community server browser.

Let me know if you have trouble, and I'll PM the address after I get home from work in the next hour. Sorry for formatting.. On mobile.

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:32 PM, FordoGreenman said:

Yes, actually. I forgot to cancel this last month (Got side-tracked and never set up more maps; Noone playing on it currently) - but yes! It's on the master list. Should be able to find it in the community server browser.

Let me know if you have trouble, and I'll PM the address after I get home from work in the next hour. Sorry for formatting.. On mobile.

I wanna play

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, OrLaNs21 said:

I wanna play

8 hours ago, zazzgu198 said:

I wanna play too

Let me get in contact with @Roy to discuss adding the connect info in this thread for you guys to use, so you can play. I've been busy with work lately amid the pandemic - so I still haven't been able to add anything to the server in the ways of maps; not to mention might be a few settings still need tweaked.

Otherwise - Like I had mentioned before, the famous Gymnasium map, as well as a map I made some years back called Glowball is on the server currently. Though, the rounds/wins ordeal may be a little too long. Once I get this sorted with the management here, We can start discussing what kind of settings you guys might like.

Cheers

-FordoGreenman

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

• 3 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by OrLaNs21
On 5/4/2020 at 4:25 PM, FordoGreenman said:

Let me get in contact with @Roy to discuss adding the connect info in this thread for you guys to use, so you can play. I've been busy with work lately amid the pandemic - so I still haven't been able to add anything to the server in the ways of maps; not to mention might be a few settings still need tweaked.

Otherwise - Like I had mentioned before, the famous Gymnasium map, as well as a map I made some years back called Glowball is on the server currently. Though, the rounds/wins ordeal may be a little too long. Once I get this sorted with the management here, We can start discussing what kind of settings you guys might like.

Cheers

-FordoGreenman

That would be great to get this going, contact me on steam

Edited by OrLaNs21

For those of you keeping an eye out - We've come to a conclusion! GFL will be allowing the use of the Decoy Dodgeball server I have (partially) set up.

As I've mentioned a couple times in the thread; the settings, and of course the maps are subject to change in the next couple weeks as we figure out what needs done. I'm no server-brain pro by any means, just a basic knowledge to get it going. Alas, the plugin works fine, the current 2 maps are fun.. and I'm open to suggestions!

Server IP: 74.91.122.164

Port: 27015

Alternatively you can use "hyghp.game.nfoservers.com:27015" (no quotes obv)

As for the server name.. that will also most likely change with it being used here at GFL now. HYGHP aka Stonedmasons was just myself, my fiance, and a couple friends from when we were playing Albion Online. Disregard as it'll most likely reflect GFL community name guidelines whenever all of the back-end related stuff gets hashed out.

Enjoy!

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, OrLaNs21 said:

thank you so much. now we need to get people

Soon! The word on the street is the actual server hosted by the GFL Anycast network will be ready in (hopefully) the next couple days.

The server IP I posted is one that I host personally through NFO Servers. It will be up in the meantime, but after the GFL official one is up, this one will go down. Keep an eye out!

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

3 minutes ago, OrLaNs21 said:

I'm just testing it out right now in there. Just like how I remember

Hell yeah, man! I played with another GFL guy the other day trying to mess with some settings for shit-n-gigs... he remembered my Glowball map that I had on the server.. wish I was nerd enough like @Roy to create a plugin that was easy to turn on/off so we could have multi-color nade trails when playing Glowball.

I know there's a way to turn them on/off, but from my understanding it's just not intuitive to turn it on for one map, then have to turn it back off for the others. Ehh, I'll figure something out eventually.

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

Just now, FordoGreenman said:

Hell yeah, man! I played with another GFL guy the other day trying to mess with some settings for shit-n-gigs... he remembered my Glowball map that I had on the server.. wish I was nerd enough like @Roy to create a plugin that was easy to turn on/off so we could have multi-color nade trails when playing Glowball.

I know there's a way to turn them on/off, but from my understanding it's just not intuitive to turn it on for one map, then have to turn it back off for the others. Ehh, I'll figure something out eventually.

Glowball was my fav map to play on. Loved having the trails but I also had my own trails that I bought from the store

I'd chop my balls off to have the decoy dodgeball server back. Was always a chill server, even as an admin. Barely had any problems to deal with