FordoGreenman

Decoy Dodgeball?

Posted  Edited by FordoGreenman

For those keep tabs on this:

Thanks to @Keepitkeepo I've got a decent repository of the old maps from the previous DB server - They were uploaded to the current TEMP DB server last night after a few of you guys had some fun getting hyped up for the finished product. :) --

On that note; testing some of the maps last night, and found a few that weren't allowing download from the server. I did some troubleshooting, and couldn't figure out why, considering the rest of the mapgroup seems to work fine. (specifically talking about the "kappa" maps, and I think one or two others, out of the ~20 maps)
I don't have a Fast DL server currently, and there won't be one until the official server release. We'll just have to wheel and deal as we go, with what we've got atm. Sorry guys'.

I've also added a ranks plugin, though I believe I should have used a simpler plugin that doesn't read off every type of point variation you can get when using the !rank command. I'll look into changing it later - a bit tired today. But it seems to work fine for now, and I have it set to start everyone at 0 points, instead of the default 1000. The reason being there shouldn't be any cases where a loss of points happen, considering it's basically a mini-game plugin. Trial, and error; The full server won't be so messy, I promise. ;)

Edit: Just added nade-tails (almost forgot) - Should be ready to go for use in Glowball, when the map comes around.

I did also find a nade-velocity plugin to unlock the max speed of nades, but it requires a little finesse from what I'm reading. I'll work on getting that going soon. Will need to test it out, and find cvar for upping the velocity, so it can be fine tuned to a slightly higher max (default being 2000u as-per plugin info)

It's my last day off for this week, so I'm going to enjoy some brews - and jump on DB when I see some of you hop on. If there are any questions/suggestions feel free to leave them here, in the meantime. I'm almost always browsing the forum, or AFK here.

Cheers!

-Steph/Fordo

Edited by FordoGreenman

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

After a bit more testing via playing some bots - the tails/rank plugins are not functioning properly. Rank is not counting kills, and nade-tails is causing lockups on the server. Will update this post when I get it fixed.

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

Just now, Yuuji said:

Yes.

Best comment yet. Sweet, Simple, Entirely Correct. Lol!

I suppose as an update for everyone - The server is on the way(ish) - The lead bros are a bit busy lately with IRL/GFL stuff, so it was slated a little later than expected. Feel free to join in on my Temporary server; IP is listed in a post above, on this thread.

If there are any suggestions/plugins you might remember from the old server, feel free to shoot me a message! Overall it will be trial, and error figuring out what will still work - but I'm aiming to get it as close as possible to the original.

Hope to see you in the server sometime!

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

30 minutes ago, Yuuji said:

Any updates? 

I can't speak much on it yet, but it's coming! Setup is near done. Keep your eyes peeled; working as fast as I can with IRL work going on.. Not to mention the release will have a secret date, which I don't have. I just know it's really soon lmao.

Thanks for waiting patiently.. It'll be worth it when everyone has access!

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

5 hours ago, Comrade Quesadilla said:

Oh shit we doing a reunion? Count me innnnnn!

Let me know if theres anyway I can help. My schedule's kinda tight and I've never worked on a cs server before but I do program and would love to help wherever possible.

I'll keep you in mind, man!

Keep an eye out for an announcement, soon!

Cheers!

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

• 3 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, CarltonDanks said:

Sad. I was looking forward to the nostalgia. 😟

A little fun was had with a few people - In the end, even a lot of the people who mentioned the craving to play again, didn't jump in because of the lack of start-up player base.
Maybe, come a big enough uprising for it in the future it; it may come back.. but, as of now.. very doubtful it will.

Cheers! Thanks for the interest. Took me a while to convince these guys to host one :P

-Formore DecoyDB Manager

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020