_Rocket_

Bad Hitboxes? Doing This Might Help!

Posted  Edited by _Rocket_

I haven't tried to see how far I can push lerp and tick rates. My internet cannot handle a high tick rate. If you know how to fool around with those commands you can try at your own discretion.

Again, Gmod isn't built with competitive games in mind. I don't even know if servers restrict rates below 0.0152 in Gmod. So you might have some leeway, unlike CS:GO.

3 hours ago, edboy said:

let's play a game of twister

Sure

@alexw200 Hopefully that answers your question at least lol.

Edited by _Rocket_

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

• 2 weeks later...

I dont suggest going lower than the tickrate of the server, as you will be simply lowering your hitreg.

cl_interp_ratio / cl_updaterate == interpolation. Simply cranky cl_updaterate as high as possible, and set cl_interp_ratio to 0 (if allowed).

I do not suggest setting rate under 3m at all. At most, the connection would be 30 KB/s, its not that huge

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Posted  Edited by Hyper Lthl Vector

If you really want to see how lerp works, I'd run a server with bots and have sv_showplayerhitboxes, sv_showimpacts and sv_showlagcompensation set to 1. Then have bot_mimic set to 1 as well, and I shit you not, you can actually see the delay. 

Granted this probably doesn't exactly emulate the issues on a real server, but it gives you an idea on how interp is affecting hitboxes. You can even use net_fakelag to simulate your latency. So the bot will for example mimic your movement of someone with 200 ping or 40 ping.

Edited by Hyper Lthl Vector