Kittinger

Kittinger has applied for Developer

My Age: 17

My Talent: 

- Information security in a general and specified sense with web applications

- Experience with a wide variety of programming languages(C++, Python, Java, VB, Lua, and PHP)

- Able to maintain and work efficiently on both Linux and Windows operating systems if required

- Deep understanding of how things operate together to form a system required for a gaming community

Hello, I'm a 17 year old programmer and security researcher. I have experience penetration testing and am working on my OSCP at the moment, but I have experience with C++, Python, Java, VB, Lua, PHP, and SQL. I've worked on quite a few projects spanning from working on trainer software for multiple games, meaning I have experience understanding how memory works and what things do, running my own forums as well as doing development and security for multiple gaming communities, including Karma Gaming and Alliance. I can work on DevOps and do quality assurance for security on any front-end interfaces, or do normal development. I have experience making basic plugins for Source but can teach myself more if it is required. And if needed I have experience doing network security with firewalls and such, although I doubt for a community of this sorts. 

My HackTheBox if DevOps/Security is needed and you'd like proof I know what I'm doing: https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/users/profile/121650

Hack The Box

Hours/Week: 10 ~ 25 depending on my OSCP requirements

Please refrain from posting on applications if you have nothing of value to add. (Posts hidden)

• Like 1

Hi, @Kittinger! Thanks for applying. I have a few questions for you:

• Can you show us some of your prior work? (e.g. GitHub)
  • You mentioned a deep understanding of systems for gaming communities. Can you elaborate on this?
  • What would you want to work on within GFL?
  • Do you have experience with SourcePawn and/or GLua?

Looking forward to hear more!

14 hours ago, Nick said:

Hi, @Kittinger! Thanks for applying. I have a few questions for you:

• Can you show us some of your prior work? (e.g. GitHub)
  • You mentioned a deep understanding of systems for gaming communities. Can you elaborate on this?
  • What would you want to work on within GFL?
  • Do you have experience with SourcePawn and/or GLua?

Looking forward to hear more!

Not specifically on GitHub, but I have some pretty basic SourcePawn plugins I've made for a community in the past that I would be okay with sending in a DM if someone is interested. 

With the deep understanding bit, I meant how the systems work and what is needed to get a job done, I used to do a little system architecture although on a small scale in a gaming community and not for real work. Like how a back end database needs to be able to communicate with the front end but also needs to be protected, and what things are required to protect it. Risk management since you can't protect from all threats. 

In reality I can work on quite a lot, doesn't bother me at all to be flexible within the role. My main aspect is security, if anything is needed for that would be great to be more comfortable in what I'm doing. I would imagine other things would be required more, so I can do basic web stuff, plugins in SourcePawn, system architecture design, etc etc. But please tell me if anything is required for DevOps or whatever of the sorts.

I do have an understanding of SourcePawn to an extent, because of the documentation and my experience with C++, although I can learn more if required.

Edit: I can also send other projects as well to anyone who wants to see, I have some leftover C++ projects from my computer science class, and some other stuff.

Edited by Kittinger
  • Like 1

I'd love to see your SourcePawn plugins and C++ projects. Can you DM them to me here on forums? 😄

On 2/13/2020 at 5:33 PM, Nick said:

I'd love to see your SourcePawn plugins and C++ projects. Can you DM them to me here on forums? 😄

Don't know if this will be seen as posting without having anything of value to add, but I sent you a DM with a project and plugin that I made.

• Like 1

Hi, @Kittinger. I look at the code you sent, and it looks pretty solid (shows understanding of a lot of things in impressively few lines! 😃). I apologize for the delay in the handling of your application, are you still interested in becoming a developer? 

10 hours ago, Nick said:

Hi, @Kittinger. I look at the code you sent, and it looks pretty solid (shows understanding of a lot of things in impressively few lines! 😃). I apologize for the delay in the handling of your application, are you still interested in becoming a developer? 

Yeah, still interested in it.

• Like 1

Hi, @Kittinger.

Happy to hear that! I just read through the work you sent in DMs; it looks very promising, so it'll be a +1 from me!

I also asked in the DM, but I'll ask again here: Are you alright with me sharing your work with the rest of the team? 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Hi, @Kittinger.

Happy to hear that! I just read through the work you sent in DMs; it looks very promising, so it'll be a +1 from me!

I also asked in the DM, but I'll ask again here: Are you alright with me sharing your work with the rest of the team? 😄

Replied to it before I saw this, but yeah it's fine.

Before I make decision I'd like to have a chat with ya. Do you mind adding me in discord?

Loco#9024 Thanks!

Hi, @Kittinger.

Have you spoken with Loco yet? 😄

• Like 1

Sorry for delay.  I was waiting for other colleagues decision to the app before I make a decisions about the app. however, seems like no one has posted one yet.

I think you have enough coding experiences but I'm not sure if I can 100% give you +1 at this moment. 

Neutral leaning towards +1

I don't have much to say other than I like the work you showed us.

Definitely a +1 from me, I'd like for you to be on the team!

+1

seems to be good at programming && nicks approval && seems nice

Edited by NogginBlaster
liloz wants a reazon

Denied due to inactivity. Applicant has not visited forums since April.