jamss

jamss's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): jams

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61630669

Admin that banned you: Frenzy

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): dox

Why should you be unbanned?

I had been previously banned for an issue that was resolved, and hadn't joined the server since getting unbanned. 

I recently tried to rejoin the server while logged into my alt account named "haha" and came to find that it was perm banned. I'm just confused considering I thought the issue was cleared up since I was unbanned in the first place. To clarify I hadn't joined the server at all since being unbanned.

I'm going to refer to what I said before on your previous ban appeal. 

"As of today, 1 of the 3 people in the group that DID NOT post links appealed. You are the second that I know of. Because of this, i'm going to give the same deal. I would be fine with removing the silence as long as you apologize and promise you won't harass my team again."

This was the deal I gave you, as at the time, I thought you haven't posted the link in the Surf Chat. However, unbeknownst to me, after I left to go sleep. You went on the surf servers on an alt with the name haha and DID post said links. Your alt was then silenced for 6 hours, and then later banned. When you posted your appeal, I once again say that I thought you did not post links.  You were unsilenced, but banned when you tried to join the server. This is because of the alt haha ban. Honestly, this caused some confusion initially, and BOTH accounts were unbanned for a period of time. However, we eventually realized the mistake and reinstated the perma ban.

╔                               ╗

Scott

We know the "haha" account is your alt because of the IP correlation, we have proof of you posting links from that account. As @yuptodatmentioned, I re-instated your ban because Reaper unbanning you was a mistake and frankly a rushed decision not knowing that you actually had done this. 

Ban stays, if you have any further questions you may PM me. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)