CHAPPiE

T Pass Solution

Hi All!

So I've been playing, and watching ppl come and go, and I notice there is one thing that turns off new players from the server, and have been noticing that the T pass system is being "abused" (For lack of a better term) by Admins/VIPs/Sponsors and I feel like I have a solution that makes everyone happy, if this is already in place than maybe you need to tweak the variables.

If I am logged in around dinner time and everyone is on from their school/work, you are almost unable to become T without buying a T pass. If there are four slots for a terrorist, it takes three admins, and three VIPs to saturate the T pass system and prevent all other players from getting a chance, and this is not including supporters, or members. This means members must buy passes to become a T every seven rounds, and new players who are not a member have no chance unless the lobby is filled with member/non-member. People can still randomly be Ts, but only when others don't buy T passes. Also, I have called out admins because of this, and they claim that they are not buying passes, however, waiting three rounds for a T-Pass to go through, with five rounds in a row of all admin/VIP Ts, and some basic math prove otherwise. This creates a frustrating experience for people who want to try the server, don't wish to create a GFL account (Which is a reasonable request), or just happen to be really unlucky that day as a member.

I would like to propose a "ring system", where when there is one or two Ts per round, a single T pass can be bought, when there are three, four, or five T slots two T passes can be bought, when there are more, three passes can be bought. This allows for people to be randomly selected as T, regardless of rank, allows admins and VIPs to still be T often, and it does not remove the T pass system.

LOTS OF LOVE ❤️

CHAPPiE

Guest SkydivingSquid

I like it, but I am not sure how difficult that would be to code/implement. We will definitely take a look into it. 

The last time I bought pass... I bought a detective pass since I prefer detective more than traitor-rounds, but unfortunately I get traitor round a lot often. I am not sure if it's because donators get a higher chance to be traitor or not. I don't know if that's a thing still. I remember it was like part of a perk that they get higher chance of a traitor. But being a member is easy 123 step though. O_O

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Hey Squid, its cool you're willing to look into it.

Bae, Well, I'm not here to point fingers which admins are doing what, and for the sake of the conversation it doesn't really matter, and who cares. But there are certainly times or just whole busy days where I see newcomers frustrated and I only get a t round if I buy it. Not that I care, I have points out the wazoo, waiting a round or two to get that isn't a big deal (My system would increase t pass wait times) , and predictably being a t is powerful af, it's just really annoying for everyone else and I see a lot of the same complaints. On top of the normal complaining and being unlucky in TTT, there is a portion of TTT players who just always complain but in GFL I would argue its more than average because of the t pass system to the point where some people stop having fun during the periods I mention. 

Have a good night everyone! See your skins soon.

Posted  Edited by CHAPPiE

I would offer to I just don't know lua and did a gmod mod once. 😂 I heard you guys were having coder problems.

EDIT: Do you have the code for the mod? If you send it to me I don't promise I can do anything but I'll poke around.

Edited by CHAPPiE

Posted  Edited by Cunt Muffin

Theres not that many VIPs on the server at once at a time and its not common for there to be a lot of admins on. Anyways, straight to the point, VIPs and Full Admins still have a cooldown to buy T/D Passes (3 Rounds) meaning maybe one round will be everyone who bought a T pass but they have a cooldown meaning the next round will be randoms/members/supporters etc. Please consider this as this still goes into effect, not every round is a round bought out by t passes. (I've seen max like 4 VIPs and 4-5 Admins, and me, being a VIP, I for the most part forget to buy t passes every 3 rounds because I simply don't care about it that much, not every VIP/Admin will abuse the system.) Also, this can lead to issues from people being VIP because some bought VIP exclusively for the short cooldown, this can cause a loss in VIP/Supporter subscriptions. Also, what about friends who want to buy T passes together because they might be a good duo. I don't think the system should be altered in any way.

~Your Beloved,

Toxic Muffin

Edited by Cunt Muffin

So, Cunt, I would like to make a few points.

37 minutes ago, Cunt Muffin said:

Theres not than many VIPs on the server at once at a time and its not common for there to be a lot of admins on. Anyways, straight to the point, VIPs and Full Admins still have a cooldown to buy T/D Passes (3 Rounds) meaning maybe one round will be everyone who bought a T pass but they have a cooldown meaning the next round will be randoms/members/supporters etc. Please consider this as this still goes into effect, not every round is a round bought out by t passes. (I've seen max like 4 VIPs and 4-5 Admins, and me, being a VIP, I for the most part forget to buy t passes every 3 rounds because I simply don't care about it that much, not every VIP/Admin will abuse the system.) Also, this can lead to issues from people being VIP because some bought VIP exclusively for the short cooldown, this can cause a loss in VIP/Supporter subscriptions. Also, what about friends who want to buy T passes together because they might be a good duo. I don't think the system should be altered in any way.

~Your Beloved,

Toxic Muffin

I mean, you say a lot of admins and VIPs is uncommon, its nightly, and the  figures you provide I would consider a lot of VIPs/Admins. And if you have 4 VIPs, and 3-4 admins, not including any supporters or members, have you actually done the math on that? That is more than two t slots per round is bought, and I repeatbly hear admins can buy every three, but I have also heard multiple times from admins they can buy every two rounds, and in the store it does not tell you.  Also, saying that all admins are forgetful of the fact they can buy every few rounds is complete bull XD Have you ever played on GFL? Newcomers see right away admins are T every few rounds and complain, and the admins gloat about it.

And I would love to take your opinion cunt muffin, but so far in every interaction with you you've been toxic, unwelcome to newcomers, and only help yourself, so until you're behaviour changes around me I just don't believe you.

Also, another point competently septate from my argument is admins/VIPs 100% talk in discord and other places and buy T passes together as a group and annihilate the innos. Is that really in the spirit of TTT?

35 minutes ago, Cunt Muffin said:

I've also haven't seen any complaints about T pass system till now

Ummmm...... So now I know you're lying, have you been to GFL? I hear about it all the time, thats why I made the post, this t pass system really doesnt effect me.

EDIT: "Doesnt really effect me" obviously it does, but I get to be t every seven rounds and can predict it so I would consider it a positive effect. ALSO IF U dont buy T passes all the time like you claim, and admins dont constantly buy, why would you be against my system? There would according to you be no change on your side.

Edited by CHAPPiE

Posted  Edited by Cunt Muffin
36 minutes ago, CHAPPiE said:

I mean, you say a lot of admins and VIPs is uncommon, its nightly, and the  figures you provide I would consider a lot of VIPs/Admins.Also, saying that all admins are forgetful of the fact they can buy every few rounds is complete bull XD Have you ever played on GFL? Newcomers see right away admins are T every few rounds and complain, and the admins gloat about it. 

You got it backwards, I said, "Theres not that many VIPs on the server at once at a time and its not common for there to be a lot of admins on." To rephrase it for you, I'm saying ADMINS are not that common/a lot on at once, and VIPs, there isn't like more than 4 VIPs on for the most part. (I say for the most part because I do not play on the weekends when it's supposedly most popular.)  And like I said the first time, VIPs and Admins still have cooldowns. Thus meaning that there is still a period for other players to be traitors. Like I said, I haven't seen more than 4 VIPs on at once and that means for example, 2-3 bought a T pass, then only 1-2 of them would be able to buy it next round even with traitor slots available. and then the next round would be traitor-free of VIPs. Also, I'd like proof that many people complain, and I don't mean like only two complaints, I mean show me the most. You said newcomers get frustrated at this (which I play regularly) and have never seen anyone complain in chat. So I have no clue where you would get your proof of complaints because you make it sound like the vast majority complaining are newcomers, but they're not GFL Members and probably have no clue about the forums or even the website entirely. Also calling me out on behavior really is low considering we are talking about game mechanics/systems, not player behavior. Please be more formal and on topic, leading off topic just makes it seem suspicious that you're looking for reasons to put me down and make my point completely invalid. Be more civil with your justifications of having this system.
Another statement that was already stated was, this could lead to problems with VIPs/Supporters. This can lead to people cancelling the subscription, suing GFL (if they're that desperate though.), retaliations as in Mass RDM/Ghosting/etc, and so on. This would not be a good financial choice for GFL to make as it can lower the income they make.

Edited by Cunt Muffin

11 minutes ago, Cunt Muffin said:

You said newcomers get frustrated at this (which I play regularly) and have never seen anyone complain in chat. So I have no clue where you would get your proof of complaints because you make it sound like the vast majority complaining are newcomers, but they're not GFL Members and probably have no clue about the forums or even the website entirely.

Im not gonna argue with cunt because I have spent longer of a portion of my life than I care to fighting with them in game, but this is exactly my point. Why would any newcommer stay or even make an account if they happen to logon during a busy time and never t? A player named Alaster is complaining about it right this moment.

Outright removing it is the best IMO.

but T-pass should be at least nerfed. Either raise the price. If I want i can buy it whenever i want and i still make points overall. Maybe 4 or 5 rounds instead of 3. supporters at like 6. members stay at 7. 

also adding sprint and new guns would be cool. 

Achievements

"Also, another point competently septate from my argument is admins/VIPs 100% talk in discord and other places and buy T passes together as a group and annihilate the innos. Is that really in the spirit of TTT? "  Chappie that statement isn't true also didn't you state that you buy a pass when given the chance? Your argument is invalid. You're assuming all VIPs/Supporter Ranks are abusing the t-pass. Also players, Plasmonic Citizen and StinkyButtz has been a T more than anyone today and they're both members . 

3 minutes ago, Trexyzz said:

"Also, another point competently septate from my argument is admins/VIPs 100% talk in discord and other places and buy T passes together as a group and annihilate the innos. Is that really in the spirit of TTT? "  Chappie that statement isn't true also didn't you state that you buy a pass when given the chance? Your argument is invalid. You're assuming all VIPs/Supporter Ranks are abusing the t-pass. Also players, Plasmonic Citizen and StinkyButtz has been a T more than anyone today and they're both members . 

I'm not saying there is something wrong with T-passes, I support T passes and I enjoy servers with the T pass system, how is my argument invalid? I'm also not assuming all VIPs/Supports abuse them, but as I said with bae, I am not going to point fingers. Im attempting to introduce a system where a few people get a random chance at being T, because some people are feeling excluded and mad about it which is understandable. My system would not prevent anyone from buying T passes, and if you don't buy T passes often than it really wouldn't effect you.

Posted  Edited by CHAPPiE - Edit Reason: Because I love the server
29 minutes ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

This, I don't agree with: " Also, another point competently septate from my argument is admins/VIPs 100% talk in discord and other places and buy T passes together as a group and annihilate the innos. Is that really in the spirit of TTT? "

That is not very common, and most admins do not do this, I have not seen it recently, if I see it again I will take names and call them out and we can revisit this. If not discord than private steam chat, and it has been something that has happened in the past. I'm just pointing out additionally my solution would prevent that, and has very little consequence even to people who buy t passes, I'm seriously not ragging on admins or VIPs.

EDIT: Or members! I think the system as a whole is a issue, I do not think the members/VIPs/Admins are the issue idk why someone would not want this, you may also be randomly chosen as T more no matter rank.

Edited by CHAPPiE
Because I love the server

8 minutes ago, CHAPPiE said:

Im not gonna argue with cunt because I have spent longer of a portion of my life than I care to fighting with them in game, but this is exactly my point. Why would any newcommer stay or even make an account if they happen to logon during a busy time and never t? A player named Alaster is complaining about it right this moment.

We've mostly only argued in reports due to reports and etc. 
And for Alastor, he said he already didn't like being his role as a Detective, and also talked about the traitor role (but I can't recall what his comment on it was, as I am focusing more on this forum than in-game voice chat.) He also isn't a member (of currently 6:43 PM EST, 2/13/2020) and if the system where lower ranks get lower chances of roles other than innocent, then saying nerf VIPs/Supporters wouldn't help at all as even the randomly chosen traitor would most likely be a GFL Member or higher. I feel like this is a system that you wan't so you and others don't have to support the server (Financial/Subscription problems like I said). Also only allowing one traitor pass to bought at a certain amount of players and such and such, will still hurt Members. like yourself. Removing the vast majority of T Passes that would've been bought, would almost completely nullify the reason to have passes in general, the reason to have points as T passes are temporary purchases of points, and the reason of getting a paid rank if you seeked a way to get passes sooner. I'd also like to say, as a VIP, I don't even like buying any type of passes anyways as it got boring doing it all the time. It's like new admins (or trial admins), they might abuse it at first/use their powers as they much as they're allowed to.

I really like the thought process around this, but agree with Squid I believe would be very complicated to code/implement. Typically there is a weighted algorithm behind the main ttt_traitor_pct setting.

Nick or someone may be able to restore a log against this and alter slots accordingly if it will allow a break down?

You know when you walk into a room and forget why you went in there?

That’s God playing Sims... he just canceled your action.

16 minutes ago, CHAPPiE said:

Im attempting to introduce a system where a few people get a random chance at being T, because some people are feeling excluded and mad about it which is understandable. My system would not prevent anyone from buying T passes, and if you don't buy T passes often than it really wouldn't effect you.

"because some people are feeling excluded and mad", most of these people who get mad are probably non-members/members and need to be patient or support the server. There would be no reason to support the server if you planned on having in-game benefits. I don't think on a logical investment point of view, GFL will be better off not scaring off it's supporters, I mean, Supporters/VIPs are the main reason why the GFL servers are able to stay up.

8 minutes ago, Proditor said:

Nick or someone may be able to restore a log against this and alter slots accordingly if it will allow a break down?

Are you saying you'd like numbers on my argument EDIT: Bad phrasing, are you saying you'll ask someone to log whos T? That would be cool, if I'm wrong, than there's no issue and everyone's happy, if not, the issue may be resolved, and the people who like having a massive bump in t rounds in exchange for a small portion of the population not having fun and feeling a bit upset will go kicking and screaming and complain until the end of time.

Edited by CHAPPiE

Posted  Edited by LilyShiro

You guys should probably not argue with each over weird things. Muffin probably is like me and doesn't read the forums whatsoever or the discord and doesn't notice things people want removed, dont call people liars, it upsets them.

It's very evident that the VIP/Admins using T passes affects you as a player normally, since it reduces your chance, if we assume that t pass users take traitor slots -- As a result, others lose chances of being T.

If you'd like to see this in action, play 10-12 rounds with at minimum 4~ VIPS/Admins online and count how many times you were traitor, it will most likely be below 25%, which is the default traitor chance.

There is ways to change this, but you guys would need to discuss a possible solution that is most wanted by everyone.

Does a majority of people want it removed? Do most people care? Muffin says she does not mind and thats her opinion -- and it's just as valid as people who are thinking from a game balance perspective. How this is coded and its results completely depend on what you guys think is the best method. I personally do not like the system because it takes away traitor slots from normal players -- and frankly "applying for GFL" just to get that rank is not only annoying, but tedious.  Normal players shouldnt need to sign up for a "gaming clan" just to play normal TTT...

Lastly, the code is not hard to write, some pseudo lua code for you, assuming this is how it currently works

-- Warning, the following code is lua but half pseudo code by mitch
function ChoosePlayersForTraitor()
  	local TraitorList = GetTraitorsForThisRound()
  	local TPassList = GetTPassesForThisRound()
  	local MaxTraitors = player.GetMax() * (1/4)
  	local NewTraitorList = {} -- Empty table.

-- This for loop takes players from the T Pass, and puts them into our new table of traitors.
  	for key, ply in ipairs(TPassList) do
    	-- If we have too many traitors, exit.
    	if (table.Count(NewTraitorList) >= MaxTraitors) then 
      		break 
    	end

if (table.HasValue(TraitorList, ply)) then  -- Dont use someones TPass if they already were going to be a traitor.
     		continue
    	else
    		table.insert(NewTraitorList, ply) -- Put them in our list.
    	end
   	end

-- Now this for loop takes any traitors from the original traitor list and stuffs them into our new traitor list
  	-- It only puts in up to a maximum amount, though.
  	for key, ply in ipairs(TraitorList) do
    	if (table.Count(NewTraitorList) >= MaxTraitors)) then
    		break 
  		end
    	if (table.HasValue(NewTraitorList, ply)) then
     		continue
    	else
    		table.insert(NewTraitorList, ply)
    	end
  	end
end

Edited by LilyShiro