EddieTheYeti

EddieTheYeti's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): EddieTheYeti

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:52313151

Admin that banned you: Console

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Server ban

Why should you be unbanned?

Not really sure why I was banned, according to the site it is for 'duplicate account'. The only reasons I could think why this conclusion could be reached is because I was logged into a VPN which may have had the IP address flagged before by someone trying to ban evade. I'm just interested in surfing, I've probably typed less than 10 messages in the game chat in my lifetime of playing surf, and I've probably used these servers for years. Hopefully I can get unbanned since I've really done nothing wrong.

Thanks

Posted  Edited by yuptodat - Edit Reason: Specifically noting I could be wrong :P

Disclaimer: I don't have the authority to unban you, nor can I say with absolute certainty that you will be unbanned.

Disclaimer aside, I took a look into your ban and looked up the IP. The organization that "owns" the IP is listed as M247 Ltd. I thought this was weird and did even further digging and came across this Reddit post.

As you no doubt have guessed by now, is that you were probably using your favorite VPN at the time by accident. The duplicate accounts reason for your ban comes into play because someone else was banned using the same IP. The lesson here is to please refrain from using VPNs on our servers.

I will now tag the people that could unban you, unless they see something that I haven't seen. Getting unbanned isn't a guarantee yet (I could be wrong), I just thought I should let you know of your circumstances.

@FrenZy @Reaper

Edited by yuptodat
Specifically noting I could be wrong :P

╔                               ╗

Scott