sMooVe

sMooVe's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): sMooVe

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5010010

Admin that banned you: not sure but it was probably yuptodat cuz he was on the server at the time

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): silence

Why should you be unbanned?

I didn't do anything racist, say anything racist or behave in any racist way. I didn't do that the first time I was muted and yet I still have to get any answer as to why I got muted in the first place. "Constant racism" is a really, really vague claim. What exactly did I say that was racist in the first place? I was having a completely  normal discussion with a black guy on the server about colonialism, then later on talking about him claiming that blacks have bigger penises than whites and I said literally "the same researchers who claimed that were also the ones claiming that africans have lower IQs". I was making fun of the stupidity of this and 10 minutes later I got banned.

I want an explanation please and don't ignore it this time. I recorded 2 hours of that conversation and I'm uploading all of it right now because montgomery/alfred/chadrick , whose report has widely been ignored by all the admins for the last 2 weeks must have clipped things out of context together and made it seem like I'm being racist when I wasn't whatsoever.

Posted  Edited by beary
19 minutes ago, sMooVe said:

I recorded 2 hours of that conversation and I'm uploading all of it right now 

would love to see the movie :)

wait, was the 'black guy' Alph43oss? bcus i asked you both to chill w the  mic hogging a few hrs ago, and you's failed to comply. If your discussion went on for 2 hours, thats 4 maps... did any other people get to talk on the server? Please allow other users to talk on voice as well. Thank you 

Edited by beary

bear.gif.7d03a878b291f0b1a286f0c5d55c41a6.gif

Posted  Edited by sMooVe - Edit Reason: forgot to mention
18 minutes ago, beary said:

wait, was the 'black guy' Alph43oss? bcus i asked you both to chill w the  mic hogging a few hrs ago, and you's failed to comply. If your discussion went on for 2 hours, thats 4 maps... did any other people get to talk on the server? Please allow other users to talk on voice as well. Thank you 

Hey, that discussion ended pretty much before that, I am uploading the whole discussion as well. The part that I think got me silenced after reviewing and skidding through ties into that earlier discussion. Alph43oss was the black guy I was talking to before that and the discussion was pretty much about how he believes that whites are solely responsible for the misfortune of all africans as a whole. When he went on and on about how blacks have bigger dicks than whites and how it makes us insecure i said that i thought it made him insecure that africans seem to be unable to live without whites. It was just as ridiculous and on the same level as his claim and it was lighthearted, not mean spirited at all and even alph43oss didn't take it like that at all.

Obviously, taking all of this out of context and sending dini a clip of me saying "blacks cannot seem to live without whites" does seem racist so if that's all that montgomery/alfred recorded he did that on purpose like he always does. He said multiple times that he hates me and that his number one goal is to get me banned from the server which is why I reported him as well for harassment.

Edit: Also, right after you told us to stop we were already wrapping it up and then the server crashed. We went to the other server and people talked about a completely different topic and about an hour or two after that, the "penis size" stuff came up.

Edited by sMooVe
forgot to mention

Posted  Edited by iDini

You mentioned the discussion you were having but you failed to mention the part immediately after where you stated "so which one is true and which one isn't". 

(starts around 20 sec)
https://streamable.com/jedgo

You are constantly told to drop the discussions you have and you don't. If someone else is bringing it up to egg you on then you shouldn't add on to it, just call admin, ignore it and report for harassment. I only started sort of recent on the admin team but even then when I became trial I remember all the warnings for you to drop the discussions. Yet here we are almost 2 months later with the same things. People try to troll me all the time and they don't phase me one bit. I know I myself haven't been warned to drop a certain subject but if someone is trying to get me to purposedly talk about it I just wouldn't even talk to get myself in even more trouble. I'm rambling here but the main point is you were told to stop the discussions that you specifically have, you know the ones and you did not. 

It's a pattern with you and it just never ends.

At the time of all this unfolding I was in the server as I was reviewing a clip that was sent to me by montgomery (yes you stated this). The video makes you look pretty bad and guess what, there are no cuts, it's a full 5 min of the session for the manager and Frenzy to review. This looked pretty bad on you to be honest.

(starts around 4:30 but you're free to watch all)
https://streamable.com/c2oko

This is the reason I decided to silence you: I joined the server to originally answer an admin call, which actually had absolutely nothing to do with you. I then got pm'd that someone had a clip (mont) and I reviewed it. I replied with things along the line of "it's pretty bad but with this video specifically he can appeal it". While I was reviewing that clip you just honestly kept going further and further. After the second clip I decided that it was time for the silence. As you were already muted for a week that means a month follows. 

For your past 1 week mute I wasn't there so I wouldn't have anything to say about that one. 

Edited by iDini

People were even egging me on constantly when I was muted during the whole time. I called admins multiple times and especially when you'Re on, you never do anything whatsoever against it. I had to record 2 TB of footage just to make sure that I can always proof I'm not the one being responsible for this constant bullshit yet when I call admin, only beary actually mutes the people who do shit

4 minutes ago, iDini said:

You mentioned the discussion you were having but you failed to mention the part immediately after where you stated "so which one is true and which one isn't". 

(starts around 20 sec)
https://streamable.com/jedgo

Exactly. So which one IS true and which one isn't? They're both questionable and therefore on the same level of being ridiculous. That just proves my point and speaks in my favor, not against it.

You are constantly told to drop the discussions you have and you don't. If someone else is bringing it up to egg you on then you shouldn't add on to it, just call admin, ignore it and report for harassment. I only started sort of recent on the admin team but even then when I became trial I remember all the warnings for you to drop the discussions. Yet here we are almost 2 months later with the same things. People try to troll me all the time and they don't phase me one bit. I know I myself haven't been warned to drop a certain subject but if someone is trying to get me to purposedly talk about it I just wouldn't even talk to get myself in even more trouble. I'm rambling here but the main point is you were told to stop the discussions that you specifically have, you know the ones and you did not. 

Yep, and even when I was muted people were talking about me constantly, egging me on, telling me how much they think it's funny that I'm getting muted. Even when talking about completely different subjects, it always comes up. If your personal opinion is that I should not be able to defend myself against constant accusations and specifically when I'm using the !calladmin command and you come on, you never do anything against the people who are constantly annoying me then sorry but fuck that shit.

I wasn't always on the same page as beary but she was the only one actually muting the people who constantly annoy the hell out of me, call me a nazi, a pedo and what not on a daily basis. I DID use the calladmin command multiple times and you were the one responding yet you were also the one doing fuck all every single time. So please don't tell me how I'm supposed to drop the discussions when your own advice isn't even helping me. Besides,  what the hell is the problem with discussing stuff? I mute people who talk about drugs all the time, I ask them to talk about something else, when they don't I just mute em. It's not my sole responsibility to steer discussions which are ALREADY happening between other people about things that I'm also interested in to different topics. There are no rules whatsoever on the GFL servers that state that we're not allowed to have discussions and talk about stuff.

It's a pattern with you and it just never ends.

I could say the same thing about you and your behavior towards me when you're on the server and I'm getting harassed.

At the time of all this unfolding I was in the server as I was reviewing a clip that was sent to me by montgomery (yes you stated this). The video makes you look pretty bad and guess what, there are no cuts, it's a full 5 min of the session for the manager and Frenzy to review. This looked pretty bad on you to be honest.

Like I said, it makes me look bad out of context but the full 20 minutes in which I clarify what I was saying are here:

Timestamp should already be there but in case it doesn't work it's at around 10:22. I restate what I said in that clip you posted and clarify "it's both stupid". See how it clearly looks different when you don't only look at cherrypicked bs from montgomery?

(starts around 4:30 but you're free to watch all)
https://streamable.com/c2oko

This is the reason I decided to silence you: I joined the server to originally answer an admin call, which actually had absolutely nothing to do with you. I then got pm'd that someone had a clip (mont) and I reviewed it. I replied with things along the line of "it's pretty bad but with this video specifically he can appeal it". While I was reviewing that clip you just honestly kept going further and further. After, the second clip I decided that it was time for the silence. As you were already muted for a week that means a month follows. 

For your past 1 week mute I wasn't there so I wouldn't have anything to say about that one. 

Yep, like I said. You silenced me because you got a cherrypicked clip out of context that not even the black guy I was talking to this about was really offended by and it was a lighthearted statement that was even clarified to be stupid research. Yet you silence me because of this shit without even asking me about it first and that as well as watching you not do anything when I got harassed while you were on the server and seeing you handle my calladmin requests - at least for me - seems to confirm my bias suspicions.

Posted  Edited by iDini
16 minutes ago, sMooVe said:

People were even egging me on constantly when I was muted during the whole time. I called admins multiple times and especially when you'Re on, you never do anything whatsoever against it. I had to record 2 TB of footage just to make sure that I can always proof I'm not the one being responsible for this constant bullshit yet when I call admin, only beary actually mutes the people who do shit

I actually do unless that's when you tab out. Last time I did was literally yesterday. If I see them doing it I say "can you drop it and move on" and mute the ones that do not stop. Maybe you weren't on but I have muted quite a few people that mention it actually. If you are having a discussion with them bringing stuff up then I'm not just going to mute them because you bait them into something if that is what you mean.

I could say the same thing about you and your behavior towards me when you're on the server and I'm getting harassed.

See above.

Also, this moment clearly shouldn't counted as I did state I was reviewing a video which I had to mute game for. I was then told you kept talking about it which I then unmuted game and clipped etc. 

If your personal opinion is that I should not be able to defend myself against constant accusations and specifically when I'm using the !calladmin command and you come on, you never do anything against the people who are constantly annoying me then sorry but fuck that shit.

Again see above. I do. When I join it's kind of obvious and people say "Oh dini is here watch out" so people usually stop so I don't actually hear it. Because when I do and you aren't having a discussion with them and they randomly bring something about you up then it's harassment. That is when I tell them to drop it or they will be muted. When you are joking and laughing with someone how am I supposed to pick up they are harassing you when you are clearly messing with them too? These are the things you really forget to always include when it could help you. I am not certain on why you leave out the actual specifics for all your situations you bring up.

Timestamp should already be there but in case it doesn't work it's at around 10:22. I restate what I said in that clip you posted and clarify "it's both stupid". See how it clearly looks different when you don't only look at cherrypicked bs from montgomery?

Your entire video, in fact the second cyberwave got on I was busy alt tabbed messaging another admin asking for an opinion on this. I was muted and they were not. So, this isn't something you should be attacking me for. I was muted so I can listen to the clips and send to another admin. We both agreed that the 2 videos were evidence enough for the silence to remain.

Yet you silence me because of this shit without even asking me about it first and that as well as watching you not do anything when I got harassed while you were on the server and seeing you handle my calladmin requests - at least for me - seems to confirm my bias suspicions.

First part; I do not need to "ask you about it first" it's common sense on the subjects you were told to not bring up because of the dozens of times you were warned about it.

Second part; Once again read above. I was busy alt tab and had game muted since another admin (yup) was in the server, so I did not need voice as I was reviewing and uploading clips.

Edited by iDini

I’m not going to bother reading this because it’s nonsense now. 

from now on, please feel free to use the !sm feature or ve_0. The admins are not there to monitor and mute anyone who calls you a nazi every single time. You’re 39 and you’re putting yourself in this position all on your own. This is your own mess and we’re stuck cleaning it up. 

this forum post is a mess and isn’t going to make anything better when with all the videos with proof of you, and the harassment to mr milk is childish and you should learn to grow up. You’re nearly 40 acting 14... 

bear.gif.7d03a878b291f0b1a286f0c5d55c41a6.gif

First of all, I WASN'T THE ONE BRINGING THEM UP. You can clearly hear in the video that it was other people talking about that and Ijoined in and said a few sentences that were just as ridiculous.

Okay. So let me get a straight answer to this then:

A) Is it racist (no matter the context) when 2 black guys go on and on about how blacks have bigger dicks than whites and how they're superior and whites have their feelings hurt when they say that it'S not true?

B) Is it racist (no matter the context) when a white guy says that the same researchers who claim this have also shown that black IQs are lower than white IQs?

Even if B) is a TRUE statement, does it make it racist? I might be getting the American definition of racism wrong but according to fucking mirriam-webster it is:

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

: racial prejudice or discrimination

Since I didn't bring up this topic but only joined in, it can only mean that I was silenced because of racism.

So let's find the "racism" in what I said.

The first statement is a PREJUDICE with no basis in reality, no studies that have even remotely proven that blacks have bigger dicks than whites. It's also DISCRIMINATION because of how these 2 black guys on the server acted towards the other people on the server since - as they claimed - they were getting their feelings hurt for having small dicks.

The second statement is a statistical FACT. There is even a god damn wikipedia article about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

My statement is not discriminatory, it's observatory. It's also based on FACTS which have been proven - whether or not it is because of environmental factors or not - over and over again. I stated a fucking fact, nothing else. And I even said that this fact was done by the same researchers who said that blacks had bigger dicks, ridiculing the whole fucking thing. Furthermore, I also clarified that it was stupid which you just completely ignored.

Do I think that the black guys should get muted for saying that because it could be considered racist? Hell no. But neither should I. You cannot just change the meaning of what is to be considered "racist" depending on what you feel. There are fucking rules to language and stating facts is not racism, PERIOD.

There is a difference between asking people to be quiet and actually punishing them. Let me show you a small clip of what's going on with me when you're NOT there. Do you hear me laughing and joking while you're on? It's the video from yesterday when you apparently muted the ones who didn't stop (no, you did not).

https://youtu.be/ViHQt7eNDFU

Also, you can clearly see in that video that I calladmin, you come on, tell em to drop it, don't mute them. Some wait until you're gone, some continue, the rest continues instantly after. It's a CONSTANT thing which you just don't get. I cannot permanently mute all these people because of the mapchange and rejoining the server so I have to put up with them all the time. I've had it with your "advice" of ignoring them because it will never be enough. Also, I want to talk to people about all kinds of shit, that's why I surf in the first place but the moment CERTAIN people join, they instantly derail every normal conversation by calling me everything in the "ban book" and then it all starts. It's not ME bringing it up all the time like you claim either.

I'm not trying to attack you because of that cyberwave map this one time but because situations like that one in the video above arise all the fucking time, literally every day I get on. And do you see ME doing anything that "adds to it?" Like it's my fucking fault that I need to defend myself at some point. Yet you punish me because I decide to take a stand for myself and defend myself after hours and hours of taking this shit. What the fuck kind of logic is that?

And then you wonder why I don't just calladmin and  report them - even if I do nothing changes. So that's why I defend myself. But when I do then it's "bringing up stuff and not dropping it". You gotta be kidding me. Besides, discussing shit on this server is what everyone does. Everyone is allowed to talk about shit yet I'm to refrain from "discussing certain topics I'm interested in because some people's feelings might get hurt by my opposing opinions". What the hell is the issue here? Lots of people actually do enjoy talking to me about all kinds of stuff and just because a certain group of people around montgomery hates me I'm supposed to obey their wishes? Really?

PS: Why is no one ever doing anything about my report about montgomery which is now 3 weeks old? No one seems to care about that yet somehow I'm public enemy no 1.

3 minutes ago, beary said:

I’m not going to bother reading this because it’s nonsense now. 

from now on, please feel free to use the !sm feature or ve_0. The admins are not there to monitor and mute anyone who calls you a nazi every single time. You’re 39 and you’re putting yourself in this position all on your own. This is your own mess and we’re stuck cleaning it up. 

this forum post is a mess and isn’t going to make anything better when with all the videos with proof of you, and the harassment to mr milk is childish and you should learn to grow up. You’re nearly 40 acting 14... 

Great, how about you just let me speak my fucking mind then and refrain from muting me so I can just talk to people like the nearly 40 year old I am. I don't break server rules so I should be allowed to fucking talk about whatever I want. The admins are also not there to monitor and mute me whenever someone gets their feelings hurt but only when I'm actually breaking the server rules. You're the ones putting me into the position that I cannot talk about things that interest me so just don't fucking mute me or tell me what to talk and not talk about and everything's fine.

If you don't even know the definition of racism then maybe you shouldn't silence people for allegedly being racist.

Btw, don't even know who the hell Mr. milk is so Idk what you're saying.

I haven't talked to sMooVe as much as the people involved, but to be blocked from communicating for a month seems a bit harsh. He may sometimes express some unflattering opinions, but as far as I've seen he's almost always cordial unless he's being targeted. He may argue devil's advocate but I think he's just interested in the discourse. I don't think he's actually racist and in context (I haven't reviewed the entire footage), his language seems so far so good (or at least reasonable.) He may not get along well with everyone on the server, but that's almost guaranteed to follow from political discourse. I think it would be a good move on behalf of the administration to have his punishment removed, or at least reduced to something more reasonable for what is essentially a result of him defending himself. I am friends with Freak Beakman/Jerome Powell/Adam Smith/Winston Churchill/Karl Barx/Craven Morhead/Micheal Dew/Chadrick/Vegan Chadrick/Joe Dienda/Montgomery Larjepuckets Bigbags IV/Big Wild Man Car Driver/Alfred Chewish, but this punishment just seems unreasonable to me.