BeatBoxBattleMe

The End Of An Era

Posted  Edited by BeatBoxBattleMe

There was once a boy in 8th grade who received his first computer and decided to create a steam account. This 8th grader quickly decided to call himself "BeatBoxBattleMe" due to his passion for beatboxing. Once he created the account, he decided to buy the game called "Garry's Mod", for he saw loads of YouTubers playing it at the time. After browsing the servers list, he soon found clicked on a server that he thought most suited him. This server was named "GFL Clan", which was soon his secondary home for 6 years...

It all started back in July 2014, where I first played GMod Jailbreak. After months of playing, I actually became admin due to my manager at the time @Pedroaccepting me. Little did I know that Pedro will actually become one of my closest friends in this community. Since Jailbreak, I became admin on DarkRP, Purge, CSGO Surf, PVKII and global admin for TF2. Although I had a lot of fun on each server, TF2 was by far the most fun I have had in the community. I was apart of something special and it was all because of a dear old friend that gave me an opportunity. This friend was not only my first manager, but my last @Pedro

TF2 was able to grant me opportunities that I could have never imagined in a life time. I told Pedro that my one goal in GFL was to be able to prove myself as a manager. This is because the GMod Jailbreak fell apart and I felt I could have at least been the best candidate to save it. After grinding my ass off, Pedro granted me the manager position for 2Fort2. Lets just say that I believe I proved myself and more with that server. I was able to bring that server into the top 10 in the world and more success than I ever imagine. I am not a "God" in anyway, shape, or form. However, I just wanted to say how big it was for me to be able to do that because it really meant a lot to me. 

All great things must come to an end, which in this case its myself within GFL Clan. I have made a great deal of memories within and out of this community. Whether it was becoming admin, manager, making lifelong friends, or even video chatting people from GFL. You all have also witness me accomplish achievements outside of the community. Since joining I have graduated middle school, high school, won a state championship in football, joined a fraternity, and more. No I am not your normal gamer, but I sure as hell enjoyed it as if I was one. Overall, GFL has been the best thing in my life for a while. However, I am now a sophomore in college, have a beautiful girlfriend, and a degree that needs to be received. It is time to end this era. 

Now time to thank the people who have affected me the most!

@Mejilla- You are literally my sister. You have my protection for as long as I am alive. Thank you for everything that you have done and congratulations on that promotion! I knew you could do it and just remember I promoted you like 4 times (hehehe). Just keep doing you and please keep in contact because I know you have a bright future ahead of you.

@Roy- My man Roy. You are one special person who has become my best friend in the community. Whether it is watching videos all night, sharing laughs together, or even having a deep talk, you always found a way to make me feel important.  Although you are my best friend, I consider you a brother of mine. No matter what, please stay in contact with me and just know I fucking love you.

@Ben@SkellyGFL- You both have became best friends of mine once I became manager. I loved our sports discussions whether it brought laughter or debating. Just know I will always be on Discord to talk to and I really think we need to make our own group chat. With the XFL and new seasons coming up, I think it would be a great opportunity for more memories. Let me know, but either way I appreciate you both for everything. 

@Ben(Again) - Other than the sports talk, you have became a close ass friend to me. We laughed over server failures, discussed sport events, and more which made it one of the more personal connections I have with someone. I will always be grateful for all the things you did for TF2 when there was no DL, which made our relationship closer in my opinion. You are an awesome man and I really am glad we connected. ❤️

@FrenZy- IM SORRY I HAVE NOT PLAYED SURF IN A WHILE!!! As you can see by the post, I have been a busy ass man. I thank you for allowing me to even be on your admin team, teaching me how to surf, and be there for me when I struggle on a damn level 5 map and rage. You have been by far one of the coolest dudes I have met and have been awesome to talk to. Please keep in contact or else I will demolish your surf time records. 

@Zebra- Im going a little old school with this one, but I remember your ass when you were a admin. When playing Purge, you were by far one of the people I was close with. You are so funny and I just cannot wait to play DarkRP when it comes out. Just know I am grateful for the old memories even though we do not talk as much today (Yes I still want to be a beta test because you know how much Purge means to me). I will defiantly stay in contact with you. 

@Nick- I know we have not talked much, but you have gave me advise for my future and I am thankful for that. Just know that my "retirement plan" for GFL is to become a Dev, which I will obviously apply for when I feel like I am good enough at coding. However, again I appreciate the advise and honestly would love to talk more when you have the chance!

@Pedro- Bro I do not even know if you are still here, but just know you mean the world to me. We played together, managed together, laughed together, and more. I could have not asked for a better manager, but more importantly a better friend. You are like my brother and I hope your future treats you well! I love you man and if you are reading this just know I miss you 😧 

If I am leaving out people, then just know I did not mean to! It is 4AM, I am tired, and felt like this post was necessary. I will still be around GFL servers, but I am leaving behind my manager duties. Just know I appreciate everything this community has done for me and I cannot wait to see what is in store for GFL's future. 

Edited by BeatBoxBattleMe

3 hours ago, BeatBoxBattleMe said:

If I am leaving out people, then just know I did not mean to! It is 4AM, I am tired, and felt like this post was necessary. I will still be around GFL servers, but I am leaving behind my manager duties. Just know I appreciate everything this community has done for me and I cannot wait to see what is in store for GFL's future. 

Beat , sadly I never got to know you very well ..... maybe because I don't like to talk a lot. But I can say for sure that you are and always will be an important part of this community and an important part of many of the people of GFL Clan. I am very happy to see how you expressed all the joy you found in GFL and also to see all the good things that life has given to you, I know that you are in a new and very important stage of your life, so I simply wanted to wish you the best. I hope you do very well and achieve everything you want. Good luck men🖤

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Coven

@BeatBoxBattleMe I want to say Thank after you the one the reason that bought me closer to TF2 Division and GFL Without you, I wouldn't be here right now. Even you tried to install Linux files on a Windows, I wish you the best of luck with college. 
image.png.70f2d338b6f467eb67f9589b9e68a5db.png

Edited by Coven

Achievements

@BeatBoxBattleMeDAMN THAT WAS EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. Who will replace me now :( 

In all seriousness, I love you ❤️ and yes, we need to keep in touch. And we should watch VideoGameDunkey videos at some point soon because I miss that.

Wow, rapper boy is leaving. I didn't expect you to be the one to resign. So many people leaving, wow. But... If you wanted to do this for a while, then good luck with whatever you're planning for your happiness to be. Always come hang with us. Even if you're just a nobody, a friend is still a friend no matter who you become (◍•ᴗ•◍)

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

2 hours ago, Roy said:

@BeatBoxBattleMeDAMN THAT WAS EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. Who will replace me now :( 

In all seriousness, I love you ❤️ and yes, we need to keep in touch. And we should watch VideoGameDunkey videos at some point soon because I miss that.

HEY NOW WAIT! I SAID MY “RETIREMENT PLAN” WAS DEV! SO THAT THAT MEANS I AM COMING BACK AND WHEN I DO JUST LET ME HAVE GFL!

Also yes, I want a night where we both are high watching the video man! 😂 That is my goal for right now. Just you, maybe Mejilla, and I all high watching VideoGameDunkey

55 minutes ago, BeatBoxBattleMe said:

HEY NOW WAIT! I SAID MY “RETIREMENT PLAN” WAS DEV! SO THAT THAT MEANS I AM COMING BACK AND WHEN I DO JUST LET ME HAVE GFL!

Also yes, I want a night where we both are high watching the video man! 😂 That is my goal for right now. Just you, maybe Mejilla, and I all high watching VideoGameDunkey

YOU BROKE MY HEART 💔

And yes, once you come back, you can have GFL. Or @JGuary551, IDK.

I wish you good luck in your future.

I hope you'll come back as a Developer one day :)

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Ah fuck.

Didn't expect to see this one. You kept my ass going here in the community. Had so many fun memories in Purge with you and you actually inspired me to keep working towards admin. I remember seeing you as an admin and I was wanting that so bad lol. Loved the way you interacted with players and you kept them interested and playing. You made me a better admin and a better Division Leader eventually. Thanks for all you've done.

I know I"ll still see your ass around though.

Zebra.png

GFL | Steam

42 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Ah fuck.

Didn't expect to see this one. You kept my ass going here in the community. Had so many fun memories in Purge with you and you actually inspired me to keep working towards admin. I remember seeing you as an admin and I was wanting that so bad lol. Loved the way you interacted with players and you kept them interested and playing. You made me a better admin and a better Division Leader eventually. Thanks for all you've done.

like when darkrp comes out

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

21 hours ago, Zebra said:

21 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

like when darkrp comes out

I already told Mejilla how excited I am for DarkRP! You will most defiantly see me around there or on CSGO surf with @FrenZy