Mojo_Radio

Abstract's Surf Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Abstract

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:21151711

Admin that banned you: beary

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): 1440 minute mute

Why should you be unbanned?

We were having a server wide discussion about all sorts of things for like over an hour. Beary comes in and says she got an admin request specifically for me for micspam. I said we were all talking about different topics and no one I was talking to in the conversation was complaining about spam. No one I was talking to had muted me either, so it's not like I was annoying the whole server. I tried to change the topic to something else but she still muted me for an entire day, and then proceeded to cuss me out seconds after muting me in chat. Honestly seems like she was having a bit of a power trip, because even when I did what she was asking, it wasn't good enough. It's fine if I can't get unmuted cause it's not that long, but maybe talk to her about not overreacting and cussing people out over a conversation the entire server is having.

Asking her to clarify the rules for us should not make it so that we get muted.

2 minutes ago, Mojo_Radio said:

There's no point in proving what she said cause it won't get me unmuted right. :P

There is a point though?? It could literally help you..

Just now, Mojo_Radio said:

You should just ask her what she said to me after muting me.

We're only asking for clips since you mentioned it. The only reason I see you not wanting to show them is if it's gonna prove that you were muted for the reason she put.

Hi abstract.

Thanks for finally appealing after 30 mins of telling you in text chat to do so :)

I joined the server and instantly hear EVERYONE on the server telling you to shut up and to f off and shit, i asked you 3 times in the nicest way possible to please just change subjects. Everyone moved on apart from you! You decided to continue until i had to raise my voice at you and tell you to shut up myself as you were not at all listening to me; the admin. The admin's word is final. If an admin says not to do something, then don't do it, even if it isn't listed here. You continued to mic spam and cause a chaos in the server and other players were even telling you to be quiet.  I asked Savage to settle down and he did! hes 32 like he said, hes a full grown adult and he can listen to an admin on the server because he clearly knows what we do when people dont abide by the rules lmao. 

This isnt your first and this probably wont be your last time you hear this! You need to listen to when the admin says CHANGE SUBJECTS!!!! Contriversal  debates and political arguments arent liked by everyone and when it riles up a server, admins have to step in and handle the mess people like you have created :) so thank you for that!  There were many people that even told you as well to just drop the subject and talk about something else. I wasnt telling you to never talk again, i was saying talk about something else. Even hear it in my clip (https://youtu.be/vID5s3Bg0E8) I get you dont like small talk, but we dont like big talk where it gets everyone in the server yelling at one another and mic spamming, like you did when you didnt stfu :omegalul:  Next time an admin tells you to stop talking about your topic and move on to something else, dont get so heated and crybaby about it man! Youre what? 27? Act it; youre aruging over a damn csgo surf server haha. Just stop mic spamming and youll be fine! 

You have been banned multiple times from other servers for this EXACT SAME REASON! 

GFL Surf - Coms:

image.thumb.png.c81a564ed07aa6f3a21d872b041e5489.png

Sneaks Surf - Bans: 

image.thumb.png.a7f494a2ae050efcd0a93b7671fd3a9b.png

Sneaks Surf - Coms:

image.thumb.png.e3794f5d6b0f479353c1ae751e84f9da.png

Horizon surf - Ban:

image.thumb.png.ba2026b687d709a2909eb3f60a89556a.png

Horizon Surf - Coms:

image.thumb.png.d0f4854d0dbba2a1af006481ad697084.png

The mute stays as you cannot provide infomation as you said yourself, you had and cannot back yourself up. I have evidence that supports my mute as well as a whole damn server that can back me up as well (as stated in the clip) 

See you in 1 day. Thank you

bear.gif.7d03a878b291f0b1a286f0c5d55c41a6.gif

On 2/16/2020 at 11:51 AM, beary said:

This isnt your first and this probably wont be your last time you hear this! You need to listen to when the admin says CHANGE SUBJECTS!!!! Contriversal  debates and political arguments arent liked by everyone and when it riles up a server, admins have to step in and handle the mess people like you have created :) so thank you for that! 

What about constant talk about substance abuse, positive sides to smoking weed and general constant drug talk, talks about furries and how communism is the best thing ever/bernie for president? Cuz that's what I and others also find controversial yet somehow that's totally fine and no one ever gets muted for that. It seems like there's a double standard here that punishes people for discussing things certain admins don't like and doesn't punish people for discussing things certain admins are fine with.

There were many people that even told you as well to just drop the subject and talk about something else.

Yeah, there are always these people and they are completely free to "just ignore it" or mute that one person - like you told me many times.

I wasnt telling you to never talk again, i was saying talk about something else. Even hear it in my clip (https://youtu.be/vID5s3Bg0E8) I get you dont like small talk, but we dont like big talk where it gets everyone in the server yelling at one another and mic spamming, like you did when you didnt stfu :omegalul:  Next time an admin tells you to stop talking about your topic and move on to something else, dont get so heated and crybaby about it man! Youre what? 27? Act it; youre aruging over a damn csgo surf server haha. Just stop mic spamming and youll be fine!

This seems to be a common argument coming from  you, Beary. It's ad hominem. If you attack someone by their character because you don't like what they have to say and you don't provide an actual argument against their statement, you seem to always go the same route: "you're X age, act like it". You yourself are what, 19? So why would you know more about anything, be more responsible than anyone or know how someone needs to "act" when they're way older than you are? You lack the experience to know and just because some people you've met before who were 10 years older or even twice your age acted differently than others doesn't mean that you're superior by trying to imitate one or the other.

I personally don't hear anyone in this specific clip that's actually mute-worthy. All of the people involved could just ignore Abstract or mute him just like what you've told me to do many times over. There's no need for an admin to punish him just because he wants to talk about a certain subject and from what I can see in this clip, out of a 40 man server it was only a few people who actually wanted him to stop. Also, he was having a discussion with Alph43oss - what a coincidence, that was the same guy I was talking to when I got muted.

Posted  Edited by beary

I’m not going to read all that because it’s off subject. 

admins final word goes, failure to comply then you’re muted/gagged. He was mic spamming, hogging; whatever you want to call it. He failed to listen to an admin multiple times to change subject and then he got muted. That’s his own problem. Learn to listen to the admins next time 🤦‍♀️ 

also, as an admins job we have to check all calladmins, someone called admin on him and I joined, trying to settle the server down because everyone was yelling at him to shut up. 

This has nothing to do with you anyways, don’t need your 2 cents where it doesn’t belong. Thank you smoove. Move along. 

Edited by beary

bear.gif.7d03a878b291f0b1a286f0c5d55c41a6.gif

10 minutes ago, beary said:

I’m not going to read all that because it’s off subject. 

admins final word goes, failure to comply then you’re muted/gagged. He was mic spamming, hogging; whatever you want to call it. He failed to listen to an admin multiple times to change subject and then he got muted. That’s his own problem. Learn to listen to the admins next time 🤦‍♀️ 

also, as an admins job we have to check all calladmins, someone called admin on him and I joined, trying to settle the server down because everyone was yelling at him to shut up. 

This has nothing to do with you anyways, don’t need your 2 cents where it doesn’t belong. Thank you smoove. Move along. 

Classy "not gonna read it because I might not like it" approach from you. He wasn't mic spamming in that clip you showed and no one can hear  whatever you were saying so you might want to enable recording on your own mic for the future. It's got nothing to do with me, but it's about how you approach similar situations and in this case you muted someone who clearly didn't mic spam but was having a conversation with another person and _some_ people didn't like it (there's always the ignore or mute function like you said to me). I've had conversations with Abstract before and even though he can be a bit annoying, he still shouldn't get muted for that.