zmbymn

Abilities are OP as they stand

pre-face, I love playing zombie probably more so than a lot of people, ill even get myself turned on purpose if I dont get picked to be one because I just think its more fun to try to catch the humans. so ive been playing for years but never really posted about this before but complained many times about it in-game. simple as the title. abilities are fucking op as fuck. 

zombies get too close? freeze them, incase them in rock, or slow them down. some of these lasting 5-10 seconds long. the one that pisses me off the most though is the staff one where a player can push zombies back with it. how is this in any way fair? are humans just that bad at defending they need their hand held through these maps?

it especially is bad when zombies have to jump a gap or crawl under something. 

id love to see a statistical analysis of games played, to just see and prove how many times humans win with abilities, how many times zombie win on same map (not counting ones where humans just fuck up a mechanic and get wiped out by the boss). why I dont count the latter is zombies really have no hand in winning that one. but I guarantee you the maps where humans have abilities, humans will more than likely have a huge win/loss gap compared to zombies.

last but not least, "its just zombie escape so why does it matter?", because its just not fun to play a map where you have no chance of winning. this is the reason a lot of people just stop playing and stand still when they become zombie, or they just go into spectate. 

What would you change?

Most of these are map dependent put in place by the mapper so it's not as easy as flipping a switch. And even if it were, you wouldn't be able to do the same changes to the huge list of maps GFL has because it would break a bunch of them. Some mappers try to make being a zombie more interesting but IMO being a zombie will always kinda suck.

I get where you're coming from but it's hard to balance a ZE Map so both sides have fun. I usually just watch a YouTube video on another monitor while holding W and Mouse1 if I'm not tryharding as a zombie or do not have an item. If you have any suggestions, throw them in here.. but frankly, this is one of the negatives of this gamemode until the community working on NPC zombies get it to work more reliably. 

This concern is more towards mappers. Straight up zombies vs humans was too zombie sided. Giving items to humans make it too human sided. Lasers and zombie items made deodorant mandatory. There's nothing that can be done about maps that are already made. Just go afk if it frustrates you that much and wait for next human round until playing as zombie is more enticing.

As others have stated, most maps are made catering to the humans because people can't defend. A good map will have lots of threats to the humans besides the zombies, such as zombie items, NPCs, bosses, and traps. Nothing can really be done for current maps, but hopefully mappers will make changes you enjoy to new maps.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, ability too stronk

meanwhile GFL still cannot beat santa ex

just get rid of those maps, for example, all FF maps. Peoblem solved

Based? Based on what? In your dick? Please shut the fuck up and use words properly you fuckin troglodyte, do you think God gave us a freedom of speech just to spew random words that have no meaning that doesn't even correllate to the topic of the conversation? Like please you always complain about why no one talks to you or no one expresses their opinions on you because you're always spewing random shit like poggers based cringe and when you try to explain what it is and you just say that it's funny like what? What the fuck is funny about that do you think you'll just become a stand-up comedian that will get a standing ovation just because you said "cum" in the stage? HELL NO YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, so please shut the fuck up and use words properly you dumb bitch