Cpt.Haxray

Important: Deleted/non-existant SCP Articles

Greeting folks. Due to a influx of posts and pms related to this, I felt I have to address this.

Please, do not suggest deleted SCP articles or articles likely to be deleted(heavily in the negatives). We will not add Deleted SCP articles. We do not want our server to become the 'place people try to shove their badly written crap onto before they're removed from the site forever'. 

Also, do not try to get people to reupload deleted SCP articles on this site. Outside of the fact this is a gaming forum that has a server that happens to have a gamemode based on the SCP Foundation Website, we have no ties to the website of any sort. Additionally, reuploading someone else's work from the SCP foundation site is both potentially illegal and is against the site's rules. Generally there is a very good reason why an article was deleted, and that's because it was rated poorly. If it was rated poorly, its because it was poorly written or in incredibly poor taste. We do not want to flood the SCP Foundation Site with reuploads of the same article they just deleted over and over again just because you thought it was good. We do not want to spark Bad blood with the site's community. There is enough Bad Blood with 'scp' communites outside of the original site already, we don't need more.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, Cpt.Haxray said:

Greeting folks. Due to a influx of posts and pms related to this, I felt I have to address this.

Please, do not suggest deleted SCP articles or articles likely to be deleted(heavily in the negatives). We will not add Deleted SCP articles. We do not want our server to become the 'place people try to shove their badly written crap onto before they're removed from the site forever'. 

Also, do not try to get people to reupload deleted SCP articles on this site. Outside of the fact this is a gaming forum that has a server that happens to have a gamemode based on the SCP Foundation Website, we have no ties to the website of any sort. Additionally, reuploading someone else's work from the SCP foundation site is both potentially illegal and is against the site's rules. Generally there is a very good reason why an article was deleted, and that's because it was rated poorly. If it was rated poorly, its because it was poorly written or in incredibly poor taste. We do not want to flood the SCP Foundation Site with reuploads of the same article they just deleted over and over again just because you thought it was good. We do not want to spark Bad blood with the site's community. There is enough Bad Blood with 'scp' communites outside of the original site already, we don't need more.

-_-

I would like to bring up the fact that SCP-1926, the original one, was deleted for plagiarism. I do not have an opinion on the new article, but it was also only posted this year, near the end of the month of feburary, and is also not in the negative.

Link to the discussion page: http://www.scp-wiki.net/forum/t-13079904/scp-1926 (It is right on the bottom of the top comment)

Judging by the content of your reaction, you seem to think we would have either preferred that you suggested the SCP-1926 that is on the site, or that we think its good. This post has nothing to do with how good the replacement is or if we wanted the replacement added(infact we would prefer anything that is super new and still in the 5 to 10 upvotes not to be suggested as that could always end up dropping into the negatives and get deleted).

It would help if you improved your English so it was easier to understand you, and if you would stop acting passive aggressive. Most of this comment is just assumptions of what you meant by your reply.

4 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

I would like to bring up the fact that SCP-1926, the original one, was deleted for plagiarism. I do not have an opinion on the new article, but it was also only posted this year, near the end of the month of feburary, and is also not in the negative.

Link to the discussion page: http://www.scp-wiki.net/forum/t-13079904/scp-1926 (It is right on the bottom of the top comment)

Judging by the content of your reaction, you seem to think we would have either preferred that you suggested the SCP-1926 that is on the site, or that we think its good. This post has nothing to do with how good the replacement is or if we wanted the replacement added(infact we would prefer anything that is super new and still in the 5 to 10 upvotes not to be suggested as that could always end up dropping into the negatives and get deleted).

It would help if you improved your English so it was easier to understand you, and if you would stop acting passive aggressive. Most of this comment is just assumptions of what you meant by your reply.

then why the site delete the mewts ._.