Cpt.Haxray

Updated Suggestion Guidelines

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Hey folks. I felt it would be nice to have some kind of rules set-up for the suggestion forums, in order to better clarify what the server managers are hoping to see in the suggestions. Please, don't take this as a personal insult or anything if you feel like one of your previous posts or threads violated one of these rules, there will not be any kind of forum ban or punishment. These are mainly guidelines, and suggestions that don't follow these guidelines are likely to be ignored.

1. Please make sure your post is legible. We are likely to gloss over your idea if its written with incredibly poor English and grammar, and is a giant wall of text that is difficult to read. I understand that English is not everyone's first language, but the very least you can do is attempt to space it out so it is easier to read.

2. This place is for suggestions only. You're free to comment on suggestions, but any actual threads posted here should be relevant and a suggestion of some sort. Do not try to derail someone else's thread by posting your own suggestions there either, unless it is related to ideas on how to improve the post or suggestion. This helps keep the section organized and clean. Please note that posts that don't belong in suggestions will likely be moved to General or Hidden.

3. I mentioned this in the other pinned thread, but I'll put a brief version of it here. Please, do not suggest deleted SCP articles in the suggestions. They will not be added, and they will remain ignored. 

4. When directly suggesting a SCP from an article or tale, please try to keep it as accurate to the article as possible. There has been many suggestions, both in this forum and on the discord, that had nothing in common with the original SCP article that it is based on except for the name. An example would be taking a Canteen that has an infinite amount of water inside it, and attempting to make it a playable SCP that teleports people into the ocean to drown them and can shapeshift. This does not mean, however, you can't suggest the Canteen as an item that can be used as a weapon by flooding rooms(We wouldn't be able to do such a thing, its just an example).

5. If your suggestion is directly based on a specific SCP article or tale, it is very helpful if you provide a link to the original article or tale. This allows easy access to verify that the suggestion is related and not something you made up on the spot, and helps catch attention, especially if the article or tale is particularly interesting to read as well.

6. While this is not mandatory, it greatly boosts your chances of getting an addition to the server added if you can provide a link to a model or addon that would serve to help make the SCP. Models is one of the hardest things to find in regards to playable SCP or other role suggestions, and having one available is a massive boon.

Edited by Cpt.Haxray