Chef.

Best way to learn the guitar online?

I'd assume a good method is YouTube. I've been learning piano through YouTube with a bunch of available tutorials and stuff. Admittedly piano is easier than guitar but I'm sure there's loads of videos out there to help you out.

Good luck!

original.gif

Achievements

16 hours ago, Chef. said:

What’s the best way to learn the guitar online (preferably for free)?

You don't want to start learning a song straight away. Sorry.
You have to go through the most tedious process ever and learn the basic chords (A, C, D, G, E, F, B)
edit: there's also multiple ways to play a some chords, so choose whichever is recommended in the guides you read/watch!

Practice each chord until you know what it means and its equivalent position of ur fingers on the fret
Once you can associate basic chords, start practicing switching from one chord to another slowly and speed up over time. Practice these kind of exercises for like 30min up to an hour daily so your fingers get used to it as well. (don't over practice, your fingers will hurt a lot)
Do finger exercises because it can be really uncomfortable especially with ur ring and middle fingers as they're the least used ones.

Once you feel comfy with basic chords and you've practiced some basic songs, you can go on sites like songster, as @RVFK mentioned and check their tabs/chords. (note, tabs are a bit different from chords, tabs are used in fingerstyle style of playing cuz it shows just single notes instead of multiple ones played at same time (which is what a chord is))

Source: I got a guitar

DC043E25-A5EB-4C01-80B0-8DA8955F38CB.jpeg

yeah.gif

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, bowoof said:

So I started learning about a month ago and I highly reccomend this guy. he also has great lessons on individual songs. I've been using fender play, which is very in depth. I watched his first 3 lesson videos then moved on to fender play. If you want to learn songs, its great because it throws songs to learn between every 5-6 lessons.

tbf u should just get a tuner instead tho and just use basic tunes until you get used to the sound and then you can just tune based off your ears

yeah.gif

4 hours ago, bowoof said:

So I started learning about a month ago and I highly reccomend this guy. he also has great lessons on individual songs. I've been using fender play, which is very in depth. I watched his first 3 lesson videos then moved on to fender play. If you want to learn songs, its great because it throws songs to learn between every 5-6 lessons.

Marty Music is a fucking beast, all praise Marty. Another youtuber thats been helping me a lot is The-Art-of-Guitar, he has a lot of helpful tips and practicing techniques.

So far I have memorized the main chords and can switch between them fluently, I have been doing certain techniques like this, and I learned the beginning of Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd thanks to Marty.