Cambr

Quarantine

What are some things you are doing during quarantine? Workout routines, new games,  Netflix shows or movies, new meals?

This is a way for me to find things to do, as I have been very bored being stuck inside.

141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

There's no mandatory quarantine here, so I'm living life normally, except online school instead of in-person school.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by Lone Sniper Skeleton

Well I've finally caught up on critical role campaign 1, you need not be into dnd to enjoy it, but there's plenty of content with both campaigns having 100+ episodes with 3-4 hours of content each episode, if you don't mind a low production quality and join a story mid way through I'd start with 1, but if you want a higher quality and to see the start of the story watch campaign 2. : )

Edit: This is all available on youtube btw

Edited by Lone Sniper Skeleton

1289603434_Addaheading.png.eadfebe80166124e1eaa8a5d7a6442df.png1941766073_Addaheading(1).png.2c1fac40b4dfe13ef401709e1570aa01.png

The company I work for was among the first to send their employees away from their work areas to work from home.  They did this at the end of my first week as a new hire.

I study a lot.  Mostly electromagnetism and some Calculus.  I'm waiting for a book on High Speed Digital Design someone recommended to me.

My girlfriend and I have been watching Westworld again because she forgot most of the first season.  I want her to see the second season so that we can move onto the third one.

We've been playing the Switch.  We couldn't figure out why we couldn't unlock anymore characters, but it turns out that you rematch them in a different mode.  We finally unlocked all of them so I don't know how much more of that we'll be playing- bots are getting too easy.  I bought her the new Animal Crossing game.

I deactivated my Facebook for my previous job (wasn't a requirement but heard it helps) and so LinkedIn is really my new social media.  I just made it a couple of months ago, but I've just been using it recently and buffing it up.  I'm not looking, but I want to create a digital trail of my experience and success; also: connect with old friends, many of whom I only had contact on with Facebook prior to deactivating it.  It's been pleasant to chat with them and we've been dazzling each other with our updates and adventures.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

My life has remained relatively the same since this whole social distancing thing started. Shortly before the Covid 19 breakout in the US I had already started my game development project. So the whole time this virus has been spreading around I've been working hours straight on the daily. I was already doing that before the outbreak haha. Guess this just acts as extra incentive.

My "workout routine" is simple. 3 sets of 12 reps every day, push ups. It's nothing special, but it keeps your arms from turning into mush. I have too much damn work to do, so I don't binge Netflix and I sometimes watch YouTube. I've been averaging 6 hours of work a day this past week and I'll probably continue to do so for a little while. I'm extremely motivated to make this game. I'm hoping it gets me and Gamer Rocket Studios on the map as a development team.

So in short it's my typical every day life, just everyone going crazy outside of my house and buying barrels of toilet paper.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Lol, what changed? Other than the fact that I don't have school at a physical school now nothing has changed, as for 8 years i went to school online and just recently (my sophomore year) went to a public school. Anyway, exercise, its a good distraction, and I've been reading, a lot. I've started doing actual work on graphic design, so I have something to do. yay. Other than that and playing on my minecraft world and CS nothing new has come up. Social isolation 24/7 ftw.

GFL MG Admin

IMG_20190925_070341.thumb.jpg.9da9cd343e43ed4840d5cccccaf698eb.jpg

Fennec fox yes yes

Mostly play animal crossing now days, but I'm little worried about my job, but in the bright side, I don't have to get up so early to do 1 hour drive to school

Achievements

I initially thought it'd be easy for me to just stay at home (since all my uni stuff and work can be done remotely anyway), but I must admit that I started missing getting out quite fast, haha. I started running again (haven't done so for a few years) which really helps keep my head clear. I visit my girlfriend, or she visits me, every few days since we live close by each other (and our combined household size is just 3 people).

Been talking a lot more with family lately (especially the older members, aha) over Messenger and phone, which is always nice, but corona should really not be the reason I get in touch with them. 😅

Oh, yeah... I bought a Valve Index in December so I could play Half-Life: Alyx at release (without getting impacted by stocking issues), but my darn left controller broke last month, and I am still going through RMA. :( So no HL:A for me yet since I don't wanna use my HTC Vive. Would have been a great distraction from corona though, haha. 😄

I have seen a spike in my motivation for stuff such as GFL which is always nice. I've been less prone to just mindlessly play League of Legends. I am not sure why tbh. It might be because that sitting on my ass all day makes me want to be more productive while sitting on my ass. :P

All in all, corona hasn't affected me that much.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

2 hours ago, Nick said:

I started running again (haven't done so for a few years) which really helps keep my head clear.

They closed the gym at my apartment complex :(  I use to run outside, but what stopped me from continuing was the weather.  The weather here known to be nice although we still have rainy seasons, which happens to be now too.  I suppose I shouldn't be complaining about the water- I remember walking through Copenhagan it was like swimming in cold air and almost all of the pictures I took you could see the mist as if it were some kind of filter on my camera.

@Nickasked in one of the GFL discords why there's been a spike of gun imports since the outbreak occurred. Simple: They're preparing for when this outbreak turns everyone into zombies.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

It's not a thing in some states including mine.  We're just like other countries baffled as to why some people are so obsessed over their guns.  From what I'm reading on local news...  not sure how reliable it is...  people believe there will be more crime and slower responses.  Some terrible people have taken advantage of this at shops that have been closed due to shelter in place, but I haven't heard of anything more or unusual/alarming for home invasion.

Watching shows on Netflix, playing Minecraft and some other games, cleaning and disinfecting everything in the house for a few hours. Not much going on, so yesterday I've started watching one Marvel movie per day (watching based on the release date), so today to watch next is The Incredible Hulk. 

76561198043643390.png

Been in Quarantine for about 3 weeks now since the Middle East initiated it way quicker before the eastern countries did, they just announced lockdown but I'm pretty much used to it, they might extend it for another month since people here are fucking retarded and keep going out, as for what I do, Netflix, cleaning the house and some random ass games.

375712617_Palestine2.png.d5149026cf1eebfdb430feec3054e158.png

18 hours ago, Lone Sniper Skeleton said:

Well I've finally caught up on critical role campaign 1, you need not be into dnd to enjoy it, but there's plenty of content with both campaigns having 100+ episodes with 3-4 hours of content each episode, if you don't mind a low production quality and join a story mid way through I'd start with 1, but if you want a higher quality and to see the start of the story watch campaign 2. : )

Edit: This is all available on youtube btw

Sounds good I will check it out

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

6 hours ago, Ben said:

Watching shows on Netflix, playing Minecraft and some other games, cleaning and disinfecting everything in the house for a few hours. Not much going on, so yesterday I've started watching one Marvel movie per day (watching based on the release date), so today to watch next is The Incredible Hulk. 

I should have thought about a Marvel Movie marathon lol

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

10 hours ago, Nick said:

I initially thought it'd be easy for me to just stay at home (since all my uni stuff and work can be done remotely anyway), but I must admit that I started missing getting out quite fast, haha. I started running again (haven't done so for a few years) which really helps keep my head clear. I visit my girlfriend, or she visits me, every few days since we live close by each other (and our combined household size is just 3 people).

Been talking a lot more with family lately (especially the older members, aha) over Messenger and phone, which is always nice, but corona should really not be the reason I get in touch with them. 😅

Oh, yeah... I bought a Valve Index in December so I could play Half-Life: Alyx at release (without getting impacted by stocking issues), but my darn left controller broke last month, and I am still going through RMA. :( So no HL:A for me yet since I don't wanna use my HTC Vive. Would have been a great distraction from corona though, haha. 😄

I have seen a spike in my motivation for stuff such as GFL which is always nice. I've been less prone to just mindlessly play League of Legends. I am not sure why tbh. It might be because that sitting on my ass all day makes me want to be more productive while sitting on my ass. :P

All in all, corona hasn't affected me that much.

Yeah same here, It thought it would be fine but I miss going out to eat places that I normally would be able to. As well as being able to see my friends and stuff. 

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

We've been visiting the places we like to eat it, but we take it to go.  Early into this we did so voluntarily, but now it's the only option.  I can tell it's really hurting a lot of the small local shops we really like I'm very worried they're going to go out.  I don't know what I can do for them.  I tried offering to buy gift cards, but they're so mom and pop they don't have it; they also don't believe it will help that much.  I think they are being very crippled by this often running on skeleton crews (probably for a loss).

Yeah my dad doesn't wanna go to restaurants  because he thinks everyone will go there. We are losing money quick because we have had to go to the more expensive markets to find food.

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I noticed in my area the panic buyers aren't willing to spend an extra 20-50 cents on the organic food, which is surprising because I live right in the heart of liberal, fake and hippy land.  I wouldn't deny being one myself...  I got the starter kit going to a decent university, growing my hair out and working on the beach; also: I didn't have a smartphone until this January (forced to upgrade by my provider or have no phone), but I made sure my first one was an iPhone.  Is there a Sprouts in your area?

Edited by Joshy