The1337Gh0st

New Item: SCP-2398

Link to article: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2398

SCP-2398 is a baseball bat that has the effect of upon hitting something, it causes an explosion. The size of the explosion varies upon what is being hit, e.g. hitting a cow caused a larger explosion than hitting a chicken. The explosion can also lead to the operator being damaged unintentionally, so testing of SCP-2398 has discontinued.

I suggest 2 ways it could be implemented:

1.): The simpler implementation. Upon hitting someone, it deals 75 explosive damage and causes a explosion. The explosion does not have an AOE and is only visual. It would also fling the target far away, so it can be used to get someone away from you.

2.): The more complex implementation. Similar to variation #1, it deals explosive damage and causes a explosion. The explosion also does not have an AOE and is only visual. The amount of explosive damage is dealt to the target and the user scales on how much max health the target has. The target gets flung far away, but the distance does not scale on the target's health. Here's a list of suggested values for it:

• ≤100 HP: 75 damage is dealt. 0 self-damage.
  • 101-499 HP: 100 damage is dealt. 10 self-damage.
  • 500-999 HP: 150 damage is dealt. 15 self-damage.
  • 1000-1999 HP: 200 damage is dealt. 20 self-damage.
  • ≥2000 HP: 250 damage is dealt. 25 self-damage.

SCP-2398 takes the slot of the Stun-Stick / Crowbar, and is intended to be used as a melee weapon. To make up for its strong damage and flinging capabilities, it would have a slow attack rate.

SCP-2398 spawns anywhere SCP-268 and SCP-512 can.

For the model, I suggest that the Baseball Bat from L4D2 be used as the base. A port of it to GMOD can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883508806

Please do give me critiques / comments on this if there's something you disagree with / want to change about this.

Achievements

What would be the delay after hitting? Because if it is as fast as the crowbar and it deals 75 dmg on humans, it would be really OP.

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓭

Qualified gamer and professional moron

Admin on Breach (loony bin)

Achievements

8 minutes ago, Kaitsedd said:

What would be the delay after hitting? Because if it is as fast as the crowbar and it deals 75 dmg on humans, it would be really OP.

I would say have it be slightly slower than the stun-stick, but not painfully slow. Enough so that you could get in a swing, but still be easily punished if you miss.

Achievements

On 3/28/2020 at 10:24 PM, The1337Gh0st said:

I would say have it be slightly slower than the stun-stick, but not painfully slow. Enough so that you could get in a swing, but still be easily punished if you miss.

i think it should be about as long as the R8's reload if not slower to make it fair

NUMERO UNO
😎😎

• 3 months later...