Shuruia

What games did you play in the past that aren't as good to you anymore?

Are there any games you've played in the past and really enjoyed, but if you were to play them now you wouldn't enjoy them as much? Perhaps you see the flaws you weren't able to before, your tastes in games have changed, or you're just simply burned out of that game.

The first game I'd have to put here is Fallout 3. I adored the game when I first played it, but nowadays I have a much more cynical view on it. It has not aged well. Even Fallout: New Vegas isn't aging that well, but at least it's still superior to Fallout 3 in practically every way. Playing F3 will just make me want to play F:NV instead.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

I am sad to say this, but LEGO games. :( It all started with playing way too much LEGO Star Wars I & II on PS2. You can probably guess why I might be a little burned out if you look at my hours in LEGO games on Steam, haha. I think I just have to come to terms with that I am now way outside the target audience.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

A lot of the Gameboy Advanced games aren't as entertaining anymore despite how much I LOVED the damn thing. Those games were just more suited for my 7-9 year old self. Now days I'm just playing NES Tetris, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Or watching @Xymeme in tf2.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Halo: Combat Evolved, just burned it out, not much is wrong with it. I basically could write out how every single campaign mission goes and where what enemies spawn. I don't know how speed runners can keep at it for so long. I can't do that with any non-sandbox game, just gets boring.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Many SNES and NES games. I played a ton of games when I was younger. After many years I went back on my SNES to try and do a 100% run on all of my games, and almost finished them all. But after you discovered all the secrets and area in a game, the fun in it starts to wear out. I tried mods, but it’s just not the same as the original game. But it’s always fun to go back and play Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Yoshi’s island just for the memories of the good old days. Seeing my Nintendo 64 and my SNES always makes me nostalgic.

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓭

Qualified gamer and professional moron

Admin on Breach (loony bin)

Achievements

I actually have a few games in this category

Town of Salem - This used to be fun but now I keep getting queued up with trolls and morons in ranked PRACTICE. Ranked mode is even worse so I've just stopped playing that.

Golf With Friends - Too much lag but it was fun when I tried it

Dead by Daylight - Fun but too much lag and dependent on if you could grind the game, plus there's a toxic playerbase when you main as killer

Skribblio - It was really fun and I got really good at it but I got too good at it and I usually had no competition, beating people out by 3,000-5,000 points every time and that got extremely boring. I'd get smart competition maybe once every 20 lobbies.

-Brotherwolf

Skyrim and Rust.

Skyrim wasn't my first Elder Scrolls game (Morrowind was), but a few hours into it I felt like it was the best game ever. Breathtaking scenery, I loved the dialogue, I fell in love with the game. But after a few playthroughs, the flaws in it were too glaring to ignore. It wasn't Oblivion and it certainly wasn't Morrowind. Granted, it wasn't a bad game by any means. By modern RPG standards, it just about fit the bill, but by the standards set by its predecessors it was watered down drivel. I haven't done a proper playthrough of it in almost 4 years.And going off of Bethesda's track record as of late, I'm scared to death of TES 6.

As for Rust, it's pretty simple: the game passed me by. I started playing wayyyyy back when it first launched on the old legacy map. While it was full of hackers, it was still fun. Making friends, making alliances, all of that. But over time, I spent less time playing and since they moved to the new map several years ago, that's when I quit. It was too different for me.

Rainbow six siege, I used to play that game professional. Over the years it just got more toxic, had way more cheaters and the environment wasn't the same.

141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

Sims 4 and CSGO i used to be good at those games esp CSGO

Token             

-Former Nerd-

Man you got me there, probs cs 1.6 it had much fun with the bois, also old roblox with black hawk rescue and also arcane adventures, best communities but they broke and now its full of kids..

smh 😔

Rainbow Six Siege - Too toxic and slow paced game

CSGO - I will play for like a month then stop, I just don't have the effort to get a higher rank. I got stuck with silver 4 and I can't move up any higher. 

jitticus

I know I already posted here, but this one is also something.

Team Fortress 2. I have loved this game for the longest time. But for the longest time my goal was always "get as good as possible with Scout". I'd spend hours on end practicing with the class. I'd get my ass kicked in competitive lobbies (pugchamp, tf2center), and get it absolutely obliterated in DM practice.

Well... until I actually started to improve. I was doing an okay job in competitive lobbies (like in pugs, which are known to have some pretty high level players with genuine competitive experience), I was pub stomping left and right. And despite the fact that I had improved so much over the years it just didn't feel fun anymore. I like being challenged. I want to be challenged. The problem is: time. Competitive lobbies can take a while to launch. And I most definitely don't have a consistent enough schedule for actual competitive (ugc). I totally love the competitive format of 6v6. But I just don't have the time for it.

Pubstomping isn't fun for me. I want to be challenged with scout, always. Anytime I'm actually winning, I feel bored.

Maybe it's my fault. It probably is. I made tf2 about challenge rather than about fun. Which resulted in me losing interest in playing the game. So now days I'll only play it if I'm going to play with friends.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Probably going to get some hate on this, but Minecraft.

I remember the old beta days, everytime I got home from school, I would boot up minecraft and stay a good portion of my time playing, messing around in the world, dying, exploring, building, having all kinds of fun.

Then I discovered mods, texture packs and it got even better, it was really, really fun!

But nowadays, I don´t see the appeal anymore, I guess for me, Minecraft was swapped for Terraria and many other games/activities.

After growing up, and started playing Terraria, I find Minecraft boring and empty, it lost its shine to me