AtomicHeadphones

General Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by AtomicHeadphones

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

atomicheadphonez#1736

Why were you banned?: I was banned for "Advertising in DM's" (was not actually told why at first and I had to ask my friends for the reason)

Why should you be unbanned?

I think that in every single aspect, my ban is unfair and unjustified.

Let me explain why I was banned. My friends and I wanted to invite a user known as "Saizy" to our joke discord "Breach 2". Essentially we just do a bunch of shit posting here and we decided we basically wanted to invite him and give him a role that would let him see into only one channel that we just created with basically nothing in it except for shit posts. I decided to send him the invite, and I did not say anything. He responded with 3 messages: "that's crazy", "but uh", "idc" before blocking me. I thought this was a little rude but I understand he doesn't like me and the people I hang out with, and it really didn't matter since we were probably going to just ban him shortly after anyways. A minute later(maybe more or less because I was never warned for this or told I was banned) I realized that I was banned on all of the GFL discords. I then had to go out of my way to ask friends to ask the mods of the discord why i was banned. The reason I was given was "advertising in dms", which I have several issues with.     

First of all, rule 8 of the breach discord states: "Do not send links or images related to other communities, Discord servers, or websites with the intent of recruitment or promotion". I think in this scenario, we were quite literally doing the exact opposite with the intent of giving him a dirt tier role if he was to join, shortly before banning him. I want to stress that I only sent him this invite as a joke with the intent of getting a quick laugh with my friends. I'm surprised I was banned for this reason because I know that the person who banned me, Mejilla, knows that my friend group does not get along well with Saizy. Also, I just want to make it very clear that this is a rule that applies to the breach discord server and its chat channels, and in no way can it cover someones PRIVATE DMS. If anything, I can argue that Saizy leaking my dms with him is a violation of my privacy since he has disclosed the personal "conversation" that i had with him.

The crowning jewel to this excuse of a ban reason is the fact that according to the gfl breach discords rules for advertising, I can at most be perma muted. I'm just going to copy paste here rule 8 which covers advertising as well as the punishments for it and I think that will explain itself.

8. Advertising:
Do not send links or images related to other communities, Discord servers, or websites with the intent of recruitment or promotion.

Discord Punishment Guidelines

For Rule 8. Advertising:
warning -> 1 week server mute -> permanent server mute

I have never been warned for this, so the worst thing that could happen to me according to the reason I was banned was a warning. Even then, I think through this little essay I've written its pretty clear to see that it would be an extreme stretch of the current advertising rules to say that I advertised.

Because of the circumstances and how shady this ban reason is I ask that someone besides the person that banned me(Mejilla) look at this appeal because I fear that she will deny it because the bias that she has against me. I consulted Duc about this, and he told me that he would get Motorsteak to look at it, so I'm just going to tag Motor so that he will see this.

@motorsteak

edit: discord tag

Edited by AtomicHeadphones

- Former HnS Senior Admin-

- Former Prop Hunt Manager-

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

:lenny:

A preventative measure; as I see the usual suspects beginning to type a response to this thread - don't. You should most definitely know Forum rules by now; if you don't DM me and I shall clarify.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Posted  Edited by AtomicHeadphones

I just want to clarify a few things that I've thought about after posting this that I may never have covered.

I want to clarify that I do not have a good relationship with Saizy, and that I was warned for harassing him a few days ago. However, I haven't harassed him in discord since then. I would also like to clarify that I am in no way apart of the reddit  stalking that has been going on. I just want to reiterate that this ban appeal is about my ban on the breach discord and how I feel that the breach discord should not be banning people for sending discord invites to other people to other servers in private dms. I think this would be a problem if i was sending it to a bunch of people in the breach discord, but the truth is that I did not pm Saizy any spiteful messages and I only sent that invite to him.

I'm not trying to justify how I've treated Saizy, but im just trying to say that this ban seems unjustified.

Edited by AtomicHeadphones

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

Although I know Saizy through the gfl discords, I don't believe that gives gfl admins the right to moderate our private dms. If this were the case, you would be able to see our dms at all times which just doesn't make sense. Also I'm a little confused what you mean about "context" because I sent Saizy the invite with no context at all, and the way you put it makes it seem like you banned me based off of an assumption that you had in regards to my intentions.  You are right about the guideline that I referenced not really talking about what I did, but I did that because there is no guideline on the server that says that it is against the rules. If I knew something was going to get me banned I wouldn't do it, and the fact of the matter is that I had no way of knowing this was a rule since no one has ever listed this as a rule on the breach discord.

I know that not every rule can be listed, but in a situation like this where I broke an unlisted rule, I think I at least deserve a warning since I had no way of knowing I was breaking a rule.

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

Posted  Edited by flyingjoe32

Due to the amount of negative attention this thread has received from trolls, it has been locked. @AtomicHeadphones if you wish to make any replies feel free to let me or another forum moderator know and we will temporarily open the thread back up for you to post. This appeal will be dealt with shorty.

Edited by flyingjoe32

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

~~~made by @King_Wailord~~~

I'm gonna agree with my mods here, this is denied. And inb4 "what a faggot retard cuck, he didn't even read it" i did read it. I also trust my mods to make the correct decision, or they wouldn't be my mods.