Roy

Added New POP To Our Anycast Network

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know I've added a new POP to the Anycast network in Seoul, South Korea. I've also made a pull request to Compressor V1 that adds support for XDP-native here and the POP is currently running with XDP-native. The added POP and XDP-native support should add more capacity to our network to handle (D)DoS attacks, etc. With that said, I plan on adding filtering rules once I figure out which traffic I want to whitelist on the network.

@Dreae and I are still working on Compressor V2 and I recently completed the FOU Wrapping/Unwrapping TC BPF programs here which were needed for outbound server traffic and reporting to the Steam Master Server. We're making great progress so far :) Once this is finished, we'll be highly expanding our network.

If you experience any issues, please let me know!

Thanks!

It turns out XDP-native breaks the AF_XDP side of Compressor V1 (A2S_INFO caching in our case). I made a thread on the XDP Newbies mailing list with the following:

2765-05-22-2020-sFYIDgL8.png

I made a test AF_XDP project here to see if it made any difference using the latest recommended AF_XDP code from XDP-Tutorial (Compressor V1 uses outdated AF_XDP code and an older version of LibBPF). This is the biggest issue as of right now, but even when Compressor V1 does have RX queue #1 loaded with AF_XDP, the program isn't sending back A2S_INFO packets to the client. I know it's receiving traffic on the socket from the XDP redirect map function. I think the current AF_XDP functions used to send data back out are outdated. Therefore, I will work to update this.

I've been working hard on this for the last day or so and hope I can get this resolved by the end of this weekend (assuming this isn't an issue with Vultr's NIC drivers).

Thanks!