Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

atomicheadphonez#1736

Why were you banned?: Advertising in DM's

Why should you be unbanned?

I was banned for sending a discord invite to a user via dms with no context. This user reported me to an administrator that he was friends with, which makes me believe that it was a bit of setup. I've looked through the guidelines for the server, and there is nothing about "advertising in dms". I was told upon my first appeal that discord admins could take discretion when it comes to giving out bans for certain reasons, but I think that a perma ban from all gfl discords for something that happened outside of the discords that was non-malicious is a little harsh. I've been banned for about 2 weeks at this point, and I think that I've served my punishment for what I did, even if I still think the reason is a little wack. I don't intend on "advertising in dms" again, and I honestly just want to be unbanned because I would like to be able to rejoin the community I've been apart of for over 4 years.

• Like 6
  • OMEGALUL 2

Advertising in the first place is a problem, through DMs is just like doing it in the discord server but just trying to hide it and take the chance that someone could report you. It would be different if the person you sent it to you asked for an invite or whatever, but just sending your server out with no context whatsoever is advertising. 

8 hours ago, Cambr said:

Advertising in the first place is a problem, through DMs is just like doing it in the discord server but just trying to hide it and take the chance that someone could report you. It would be different if the person you sent it to you asked for an invite or whatever, but just sending your server out with no context whatsoever is advertising. 

My intentions were not to advertise when I sent this invite, and I didn't realize that it was considered advertising to do this. If I knew that it was against the rules, I wouldn't have done it. My point is that I made a small mistake and I think that it should be forgiven because everyone makes mistakes once in a while. I think that I've served enough time banned from the server at this point and I would just like to be allowed to go back on the discord servers again.

Also would like to point out that Saizy, the person who i "advertised in dms" to, is now in the server i invited him to by his own choice. I think this is another reason I should be unbanned. Here is a screenshot from the discord server of a couple users talking about my ban, once of which being Saizy.

image.png.87538542c111b1c8f95c4759c16a3222.png

• Like 3

I feel like much of this has to do with me & I do apologize for breaking the rules and posting here but I thought I should offer my own experience with this. I was invited to that Discord server without an invite, but I joined willingly this time. Those comments up there are memes that they have said who I was, however I do believe Atomicheadphonez should be unbanned, because despite me of reporting to @Mejilla in the first place, I didn't expect an all out ban on him. There is many other things Atomic has done that I do not know of, and it's not any of my business of why he was on thin ice before but this is my opinion on both of his ban appeals on the topic about me. It caused more problems then it solved in the end and robbed a man of his four year experience & friendships here.

• Like 2

Thank you for the information @Saizy but this is a reminder to all not to post in appeals or applications unless you're a mod. If you have relevant information then feel free to forward it to a member of the team instead of posting it yourself, we'll make sure the team concerned is aware of what information is brought forward to one of us.

• Like 3