Mejilla

I Didn’t Want To Do This

I wasn’t going to make a post so soon, but I’ve been asked by many already what’s going on. So here I am giving y’all the run down of what’s going on. This is something that I truly did not want to do. I would absolutely love to stay here and continue doing what I’m doing. Leaving is not something I ever wanted to do, but some people have ruined it for me. The atmosphere of being around certain staff and people have made it completely unenjoyable for me. I took a break from GFL for the week. During my break, a huge group of friends and I were playing tons of games like jackbox and VALORANT, GTA, etc. I had more fun than I have had in a while. It got me to thinking about how almost miserable I was getting from being in GFL. Constant drama, fights, splitting headaches, etc. This is a gaming community and simply isn’t worth my own health. It’s not like it’s a huge severe thing, but I shouldn’t be constantly upset or getting headaches from being here. That’s not how it’s supposed to be. Enough about that though.

I started in GFL back in February of last year. I joined in on a karaoke night that happened, actually ended up winning it, and I just enjoyed being here ever since! My first staff position was Purge admin, thanks to @BeatBoxBattleMe. Then Purge shut down, and I didn’t even know we had TF2 servers until Dalaw mentioned it. I decided to jump straight into the TF2 Division considering TF2 was one of my “babies”, as I’d like to say. Been playing for about 9 years, so I was stoked. After getting admin on Hightower, I eventually gained Senior Admin, then Server Manager. Many people were not happy with how quickly I gained my roles, but I was more than fit. A little while after that, Public Relations split and Events became its own team, which then I became Events Team Leader. Events has been more alive than ever and I’m so proud to see how well it’s been. Months after gaining TL, I ultimately became Division Leader for TF2. It was one of the best things to happen. That whole division has my heart and love, and I’ll miss them more than ever. Especially you too, @mtc ;) . But now my journey has come to an unexpected stop. Some people might be mad, some people might be glad. I don’t know and frankly, it doesn’t matter to me. I served my positions well and gave GFL all I had. I did more for GFL than people know or understand. I kid you not when I say I balled my eyes out for a good hour after alerting the Directors about my decision. I truly did not want to go. But with recent GFL situations, some IRL situations... my decision was made solely for my own good. I have met so many good people in this community, so many lifelong friendships, and I do have GFL to thank for that. 

TL;DR - I left due to the consistent drama, fights, and headaches I’ve been given recently. I’m also about to start college for Music Production, and now have a guy in my life that deserves my attention more than GFL. ;)❤️ 

Here is where I will do that cringe honorable mentions thing... yeah:

@braed: Though I’m leaving GFL, you are my best friend and we talk every single day regardless. I am so glad to have met you when I did, and to be able to bond with you unlike any other. I love you to the moon and back ❤️ 

@BeatBoxBattleMe: We were on a journey together. We always worked by each other’s sides. From Purge, to TF2. And now we can work together as members ;) We’re bonded for life as well so you aren’t going anywhere from me bitch

@ReaperGFL: YOU ARE MY BUDDY AND I LOVE YOUR BALD ASS SO MUCH! Meeting you, and listening to that ridiculous laugh has been a big thing for me. You’ve definitely made an impact on me whether you believe it or not ❤️ 

@K4 da bae4: We started off as champs, and we left together as champs. You have been one of the most important people I have met here. You’ve been one of my good friends for the longest time, and we are truly bonded forever. I wish you luck with your upcoming surgery ❤️ 

@Lurnondius: My child though I am leaving you can never escape me and your other mother Lindsay. You are stuck with us for eternity. On a real note, I’m so glad to have met your southern ass, especially when you just shit yourself ;) 

@Roy: Oh where do I begin with you. From the start of our friendship where it would long calls just ranting and talking about life, to you meeting Lindsay ( @braed ) in person before me.... 😂 We’ve been through a lot and I think you know what it means to say that being drained out and stressed is not fun. You gotta join in some more jackbox games soon!

@Liloz01: Hello my lover, my sugarplum, my husband. You’ve been the first person I’ve loved to annoy since day one. I’m sure you’re gonna miss how annoying I can get on a daily basis ;) 

Heres just another list of some more honorable people I want to tag that have made an impact on my life in some way:

@Ben @RivalRevival @Shuruia @Coven @Debra @Toxic @TheThirdReaper @Leks @FrenZy @Angry @Pedro @Chewie2k @Kaitsedd @Saizy @Duc2000 @Foolish @RodBender @yuptodat @JadedJade @Mr. Lucifer @Mamoru @motorsteak @The Entire TF2 Division 

There are so many more people!!! But I will miss you all so much. I’ve been playing a shit ton of VALORANT so if y’all ever want to play, just hmu on discord ;) I main Viper so watch out. On a serious note, it’s been real. Thank you for all of the opportunities and memories! Much love for you all xx

Goodbye. ❤️ 

Edited by Mejilla
  • Like 3
  • Sad 23
  • Winner 2
  • OMEGALUL 2

Went through my own similar experience with GFL, sorry to hear about this Mejilla. Gonna miss you (even though we only talked on game nights or during karaoke).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mejilla said:

I kid you not when I say I balled my eyes out for a good hour after alerting the Directors about my decision.

Ironic:

image.png (taken from Director chat after your resignation) omg leak

I hope you can continue to progress and find happiness. Good luck!

• Haha 1
  • OMEGALUL 4

bye queen

But in all seriousness I get what you mean. Wish you the best of luck. And don't forget to buy that product (khum dhan) I recommended. See ya around.

• Haha 1

Achievements

Especially in regards to relationships and relationships with groups of people, endings are inevitable. It always sucks to see them go out in ways that are unexpected and worse than you'd like, though. While recently I haven't talked much, I hope to keep in contact outside of GFL. Staying up until midnight with everyone laughing during Jackbox or watching The Masked Singer and other things on discord with y'all until like 2-3 in the morning was still fun nonetheless. I'll try to join in next time I can for the fun. Cya around!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

love u

the fuck are you a simp? get the fuck outta here

• OMEGALUL 6

Achievements

1 minute ago, VilhjalmrF said:

the fuck are you a simp? get the fuck outta here

fuck you

• OMEGALUL 2

Bye 😢. I wish you luck. Hopefully I'll still cya around on discord. :)

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that, good luck with the rest of your life. We're all still your friends. 2020 really is a shit year man

• Like 1

Achievements

Biggest W in my life, seeing the two most disgusting people leave GFL.

For real though, I'll see you guys a lot outside of GFL anyway, but GFL lost two real ones today...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • OMEGALUL 1

Achievements

I wanted to talk to you yesterday but I saw that you were kind of busy with valorant and I didn't want to bother hehe. I'm usually dont like yo talk, but this made me think a Lot and I wanted to say a few words.

Honestly it's a shame to see you go and it makes me quite sad .... but I guess it was the best for you. You were literally the first person I met in GFL, you were also the one who motivated me to apply as an admin (although I screwed up) and you also helped me and gave me many tips to improve and be a good admin. I will not lie, I will miss you a lot, you and k4 were my favorite people in gfl and will continue to be, it's an important part that nobody can replace :(

I don't think that GFL will be the same without you, especially the division of TF2 since everything that is and many of the good things that it has are thanks to you, the events that you organized and all the other things that you did were simply incredible!, although not everyone appreciate what you were doing, I am happy to say that I did notice and fully appreciate all.

To finish this (because it already sounds kinda gay haha) i would like to say thanks, you were a very patient person with me and you helped me in so many things that I can't even count them. Sorry for those times when I bothered you a lot with my nonsenses 😜 , (for example with the map that i made and screw like 20 times haha).

You are a great person and I know that you will achieve everything you set your mind to. Hope you do well in life, good luck in college and also with your "especial guy" ;) .

I will miss you, again thanks you for everything you did for GFL and for helping to make it what it is now, nothing will be the same without you. Take care mejilla ❤️

PD: I would have liked to get to know you better, but to be honest you are one of the few people I can call "my friend" 

I will not lie, I did not expect to see my name up there, but I loved it and I found it very cute. Love you freacking e-girl ;3

Sorry if my english sounds broken hahaha

• Like 1

Achievements

I'll try my best to keep tf2 division running good luck with school and enjoy your youth 

• Like 1

Achievements

I’m gonna miss you :( No matter what, you coming in my life was something I’ve always loved. You are one of my best friends Chyanne and I really hope the best for you! ❤️

• Like 1

It's bittersweet.

It's a shame to see such talent, passion and active leadership to be driven away; you can tell when you can see anything in the public eye at all (I would argue the secrecy here - in concept - is comparable to intellectual property at trillion dollar companies and national security).  I think you did a great job.  This is really a massive loss for the community even if you maintain your affiliation and continue to visit here.  You might be able to continue contributing and swing without a title, but it will no longer amplify and propagate as easily as it once did.

It's a bad lesson that has never been learned here.  I haven't peeked back there since early 2017, but seeing the other side of the equal sign everything adds up crystal clear.  We've got to stop repeating these same mistakes.  There is no perfect measure for success and it's not always clear how to do the right thing, but it's possible to get close and do it good enough (at least make these events reasonably justifiable).  I would hope we could stop burning ourselves on such trivial details so that the community can easily move onto bigger deals and achievements- we have the potential and talent to do substantially more and it is being totally wasted.

The sweet part is: You're out.  Congratulations.  I remember itching to step down in constant misery as well, which is surprising to me in hindsight because all of this occurred during some of the happiest moments of my life while traveling the world and receiving amazing news for my upcoming career (literally my dreams were coming true).  What a huge relief for yourself and given that you have real passion and talent you're going to do great no matter what you do.  It may not be treated correctly neither ultimately valued here, but what you have is golden and it's going to pay you back big time.  You're doing the right thing.  Keep up the great work and even though you wont need it: Best of luck on your endeavours.

• Like 2

See you around, Mejilla. I enjoyed our talks. You're obviously a very kind and talented person, so I think you're on the right path.

• Like 1

Achievements

damn, guess i won't get to be your manager for that one tf2 project we talked about

Edited by motorsteak
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that it's come to this :( I'll see you around and hop back in on discord and jackbox, when uni isn't killing me, to beat all your asses. Take care ❤️

• Like 1

wow that sucks

Edited by the boss
  • OMEGALUL 1

Achievements

We here at GFL are really gonna miss you. 

• Like 1

Achievements