HABITUALOFFENDER

HABITUALOFFENDER's Shootout Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): HABITUALOFFENDER

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:1244042365

Admin that banned you: Gramps

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Server Ban

Why should you be unbanned?

I was just playing some FoF as I do almost everyday for years now, (have around 1100hrs in game) even had voice chat disabled and was not typing to anyone when I am suddenly banned. I would hope that constitutes an unban.

To find out it was Gramps banning me I am instantly certain its because he does not like to be killed by or watch people use certain game mechanics like "Gun Throw" etc and uses his admin to inconvenience and harass players who he finds a reason to not like. I have personally known and talked to other players who this has been a problem. I very much enjoy my games on GFL especially when I get to play with some of the top players there, thanks.

Posted  Edited by l156a21

My dude, I am really sick and tired of this victim complex nonsense. I barely even know who you are, I have no grudge against you unlike that nutcase "Zorro", naturally since he collaborated with butthurt chinese players to frame me for DDOS. That is incredibly underhanded of you and you bet your ass I am gonna stop unsportsmanlike behavior on the server regardless of who does it, whether they'd be skilled or not. I do not have problems with the gun throw save for sawn-offs due to the unfair advantage it gives the user since the throw mechanic is unbalanced. I still however go about looking the other way when other weapons are used in conjunction with gun throws due to a number of inherent disadvantages balancing out the throw's OP factor. To insinuate that I banned you because you were "too good" is just ludicrous. Don't flatter yourself too much, I have seen players more skilled than you and I don't go about banning them willy-nilly. My problem was with your weapon switching exploit that I felt was unsportsmanlike, and I thought Ryell managed to fix that, especially with the mare's leg. Granted that is on him as well, but you actively using said exploit is just not on, other admins might think that is harsh, but too bad, you were with me when you did that. I almost feel like extending your ban for your insinuations but I have better things to do

The ban stays on

Edited by l156a21

Posted  Edited by HABITUALOFFENDER

I don't care to sit on forums for a ban appeal every time you come online now and make up your own rules of how the game should and should not be played while banning anyone as you say all "willy-nilly" anytime you come to a revelation in game design and sportsmanship conduct. 

You are banning people for game mechanics available to everyone and that stem from more then just FoF, if you had your way anyone who uses the AWP in CSGO or quick reloaded in CSGO would be banned for exploiting the same mechanics, its completely unrealistic to think you can police anyone who ever uses this and expect people to change how the game works and how they play to appease you.

So lets just cut the facade of banning people because you care so much about sportsmanship. I would love to point out just how full of it you are.

Here are some examples.

You said "That is incredibly underhanded of you and you bet your ass I am gonna stop unsportsmanlike behavior on the server regardless of who does it, whether they'd be skilled or not"

Here is a screenshot of your sportsmanlike behaviors on GFL.
zpMKjNZ.png

In your first sentence you said "My dude, I am really sick and tired of this victim complex nonsense."

Followed by your second sentence "unlike that nutcase "Zorro", naturally since he collaborated with butthurt chinese players to frame me for DDOS."
I really do not understand how you could not even realize that you said thos two statements in conjunction with each other along with the fact that this has nothing to do with my ban.

Moving on you said that "I do not have problems with the gun throw save for sawn-offs due to the unfair advantage it gives the user since the throw mechanic is unbalanced. I still however go about looking the other way when other weapons are used in conjunction with gun throws" yadda yadda...

Here is a video of you using the Kill command on Mr.JAG everytime he threw the derringer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1SBdrUX2lY

You also said you don't just ban good players all "willy-nilly" who are alot better then me, then you went and banned Chitch a few hours later, one of the players who is better then me.

Heres that G48cqRb.png  https://imgur.com/VY1WQL4

Practically everything you have said to me is hypocrisy and its obvious to me as an adult that you have some kind of anger issues with either the game or people in general, using your admin to ruin other peoples fun is not what I am sure it was given to you for and all I want from this is to play my game that I have played for 6+ years. I enjoy it very much and I enjoy when players better then me teach me new mechanics I can then work on. 

I have to go to work so this was a little rushed. Maybe saying all this will make you lash out and perma-ban me or extend my ban, but I love this game and I am happy to say it all and let you know its not right to make up your own conclusions on what mechanics are right or wrong and how people should play and just ban them without warning.

I didn't like any of this and I do not want to be here typing/posting any of it. This whole witch hunt is a massive waste of time for everyone.  Just like to play game.

Edited by HABITUALOFFENDER

Oh boy, it's almost like trying to explain things to a toddler now isn't it? Very well, I'm gonna waste my time by going point by point

"You are banning people for game mechanics available to everyone and that stem from more then just FoF, if you had your way anyone who uses the AWP in CSGO or quick reloaded in CSGO would be banned for exploiting the same mechanics, its completely unrealistic to think you can police anyone who ever uses this and expect people to change how the game works and how they play to appease you."

Completely unrealistic? For you perhaps, but you bet I'm trying my best.

"Here is a screenshot of your sportsmanlike behaviors on GFL."

Oh good good, bringing out a screenshot from god knows how many years ago. Yeah I did have a beef with mdsfinance, I barely even remembered him until you brought him up. My supervisors told me to stop taking things personally when moderating after all that fiasco with "Zorro" and so I did. It's almost like you're trying to make it look like that's how things still are by bringing up an old screencap and pulling off character assassinations. I'm almost starting to wonder if you are also in cahoots with that Z spamming nitwit because he sure as hell loved making it look like I went about bothering people after the brass told me to tone it down.

"I really do not understand how you could not even realize that you said thos two statements in conjunction with each other along with the fact that this has nothing to do with my ban."

That's because you're not the only FOF player I've seen whining about how they get banned for being "too good", there have been cases on the actual forums of FOF where they pulled off the same shtick. Now granted, those people were probably cheating and I know you're not, but there's the victim complex all the same, just like how "Zorro" lost his shit when he got permagagged and made up some excuse blaming others even though it was his obnoxious attitude that got him muzzled.

"Here is a video of you using the Kill command on Mr.JAG everytime he threw the derringer."

Really? This again? Bringing out old stuff from before I was told to reel it in? I do not like the throw sure, but I have changed my viewpoint somewhat. Back I did absolutely find it annoying, but as I've said again, any gun that isn't the sawnoff are now what I consider with inherent weaknesses that balance out the throw's imbalance. You seem to be trying again to make it look like me going about slaying or banning ANYONE who throws is how I still operate these days. Yep, more and more, I'm convinced you're in cahoots with "zorro"

"You also said you don't just ban good players all "willy-nilly" who are alot better then me, then you went and banned Chitch a few hours later, one of the players who is better then me."

Yeah, because he did the exact same thing you did. This isn't about Chitch being better than you, anyone who did that, more skilled or less skilled, I'm gonna view it the same way.

"Practically everything you have said to me is hypocrisy and its obvious to me as an adult that you have some kind of anger issues with either the game or people in general, using your admin to ruin other peoples fun is not what I am sure it was given to you for and all I want from this is to play my game that I have played for 6+ years."

Not very self-aware are you? Refer to above points

"Maybe saying all this will make you lash out and perma-ban me or extend my ban"

This my friends, is what's commonly referred to as projection

"This whole witch hunt is a massive waste of time for everyone. "

Who is really the one instigating a "witch hunt"? It's you bucko. I know people like "zorro" are still trying find dirt on me to this day to undermine me, meanwhile here you are pulling out old information in an attempt to make me look bad. Maybe you should take your own advice?

I don't need to hear excuses about how why or when these things happened and why they are no longer relevant or whatever it is you are thinking/writing. I am very aware they all have one common denominator.

You just want to come back and instantly starting stirring things up causing problems for everyone because thats your MO thats fine and if GFL supports you I am ok with that aswell they are private servers after all. I just want to play the game, I do not want to be dragged into your Hitleresk style of threats, admining and drama. 

So I am going to keep playing the game I love and improving myself and you just keep doing you.  I wish you the best and I honestly hope you figure out what it is inside you causing you to always be at the center of these negative interactions.

7 minutes ago, HABITUALOFFENDER said:

I don't need to hear excuses about how why or when these things happened and why they are no longer relevant or whatever it is you are thinking/writing. I am very aware they all have one common denominator.

Translation: "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Real mature there bro, real mature

He had me agree to warning a player before banning them for game exploits. And I have decided after talking to him to reduce such bans to something shorter like an hour. Of course repeat offenders are a different story. See, was that so hard? He didn't have to resort to personal attacks, I was gonna just treat you as just some random player to be given a brief punishment and then forgotten, but you just had to escalate things personally, didn't you?

I have no desire to attack your character so I am very sorry if this is how you take it.

The reason it became personal is because my ban was personal, it was a personal issue to you that you had with things I do and am doing in game.

No where else are these requirements or rules to play FoF except here with you, and you singled me out because I did to you all the things you personally hate. Such as gun throw, maresleg headshots and now the AWP mechanic of quick switching.

Its just a shame because the game has more sense of depth when you open yourself to game mechanics and using them to your advantage. There are many exploits built right into the game such as the Smith/Volcanic. I am sure the Dev did not intend to give people more points for shooting someone with a high powered gun then switching to low powered and getting more points faster then I can even do the quick switch mechanic. It is literally faster and rewards you more, this is also the case with derringers.

Not to mention enforcing such a thing would be purely limited to who you watch and that would be situational to when you are watching and who you would watch and obviously you are going to watch more aggressively previous offenders *cough*, thats why this is more of a developer problem and if they resolve it I would be totally fine with it, its still the game and now I know no one else is doing it to me.

I will whole heartily apologize for posting the videos/screenshots of you doing what you did but can we not agree that when you did thos things they were personal in nature to you alot of them are Dev designed game mechanics that had you being disruptive to other peoples gameplay. There is no other reason to act like that unless you are angry and angry is fine. I get angry too and say and do things I shouldn't but if you do it just for fun thats just malicious in nature because they are developer designed game mechanics. Once again not a personal attack on you just things I have observed, I read your statement just now about the gun throw kill commands and I am happy you said thats the old you. Good on you, I really hope you can see my point of view on any existing game mechanic that may seem exploitative, there is just so many to pick and choose some you personally don't like but are available to others is just going to put it in a personal space for you and the people doing it when they are punished as everyones opinions will differ, the best thing to do is make everyone aware they exist and I have personally explained to many people how to do it and been helpful to anyone who asks my loadout or how I play.

Also Spikelett was Console banned because she was using my internet when you banned me, now I am banned again by the console because it thinks I have duplicate accounts. Which I do not and would be happy to prove it to you. 

I really want to end this whole thing.

Don't give me that "I'm sorry if that's how you feel", that is some of the most disingenuous things you could say. Yeah the ban was because of what you did, but seem to be implying that I have some kind of vendetta against you, which obviously wasn't the case, I barely even know you. Of course considering all the nonsense you pulled off above, you're trying your damnedest to create a vendetta.

"you singled me out because I did to you all the things you personally hate. Such as gun throw, maresleg headshots and now the AWP mechanic of quick switching."

The persecution complex you have here is insufferable. I only have issues with hit-and-run sawn off users who throw, you can read about that with my discussion with Chitch, you chucking mare's legs about is none of my damn business. Mare's leg headshots from a distance as annoying as they are not an exploit, I just chalk it up to bad luck. You trying to bypass the mare's leg's transitional animation for faster ROF again and again however IS the problem I have with you. At least Chitch admitted what he did was exploiting even if he didn't agree it was bannable.

"Not to mention enforcing such a thing would be purely limited to who you watch and that would be situational to when you are watching and who you would watch and obviously you are going to watch more aggressively previous offenders *cough*, thats why this is more of a developer problem and if they resolve it I would be totally fine with it, its still the game and now I know no one else is doing it to me."

It's called tall poppy syndrome, if someone's exploiting is very successful that it would warrant my attention, of course I'm going to prioritize them, rather than focusing on someone trying but constantly failing with an exploit. As for the developer's end, do you really think Ryell has been known to listen to feedback? Is this your first week in FOF? Have you been seeing the community's responses to Ryell?

Lastly regarding the big paragraph, I have already admitted to doing those things before and I've vowed to my supervisors not to pull of shit like that again, what I was not amused by was how you were portraying me as someone who's continuing to do all that. What I also have a problem with is that however you view my actions in the past, I have to reject the notion that it was done out of malice. Yes, I was annoyed by the shenanigans they pulled off, and admittedly some of the admin actions I did were over the top, but that was because I felt what they did was disruptive and was trying to dish out discipline, even if that was disproportionate in hindsight. As I've mentioned I have decided instead to make it known about objectionable actions in the server and that a warning will be given. If people refuse to listen, then something like an hour ban will be in effect. I know how you and others say that "other people are using those techniques too, so why bother". That's not a valid reason for doing it. I have already brought a bunch of exploitable actions I've observed to my supervisor, but obviously these aren't a priority. Then again, you should know that a couple of rules in the MOTD also didn't exist until I brought them up, just because they're not there in text doesn't make them ok. Yes, I am harsher than most other admins, but that's just the way I roll. Some other admins I've seen, not necessarily FOF, have been like doormats to get trampled on because they never took anything short of hacking seriously, I don't wish to make that same mistake they did.

As for Spikelett, I had no idea what was going and I do apologize for the former as I obviously had no intention to ban. As for your false negative, I'll speak to my supervisors for an unban. Seriously, I do not wish to see behavior like this again, that whole fiasco with "zorro" was annoying as hell, last thing I need is a repeat of that.

Posted  Edited by HABITUALOFFENDER

I keep saying its not personal; you are free to have a vendetta or hate me but I wont be taking part. The things you did I pointed out above are still the things you did and all I did was bring them back up, I really wanted to point out your biases to these exploits and mechanics and the things you will do to "punish" them and all I can say is sorry about that and I'm sorry you feel so attacked so let me apologize and not kiss your ass in the process ok and lets move on. 

So when I play for 6+years never cheat always doing my best to improve myself with only my starting loadouts and then I am suddenly banned with not even a warning because you showed up and decided a exploit that adds more depth and raises the skill ceiling of the game is bad. Yes I am saying its a exploit but the word "exploit" does not always refer negatively in context but you seem to think it does. Everyone in a competitive game should be exploiting the resources at their disposal to improve themselves and their goals for some people that is melee stuff or throwing objects heavy loads etc. My goal is improving my shooting, I don't jump kick every single person I see, dual wield constantly or buy crates for easier kills I just shoot people and that exploit is a mechanic that adds depth to the weapon system for me and anyone else who wants to master it because let me tell you its not easy to do while also trying to manage your movement and sometimes it causes me to switch instead when I had a shot lined up so not only does it reward you but it can punish you too.

I know you are going to keep saying its bs but I truly know if you get to a certain level in a game you will start to see these kinds of "exploits" are actually advanced mechanics to other people. Specially in a game like FoF where no new content comes out the game can be stale if you are not finding new things.

This is my last post, or at least of anything more then a line or two its far to tiresome to constantly re-assure you its not personal ontop of explaining things to you that you are obviously bias against for whatever reason, if you want to throw out bans all day policing people doing these things go hard and enforce your personal opinions. I do appreciate you responding with so much effort every time so theres that. Every thing I said I truly believe in and not just for this game but the many others I have and still play, you can take something from my point of view or leave it its totally up to you.

Regarding the duplicate thing, I appreciate what you are doing; I only ask you have me removed from the Dup list. I am happy to take the 4 day ban as extra "punishment" for my sins and I don't feel you need to provide me any extra favors.

Edited by HABITUALOFFENDER

Posted  Edited by l156a21

Last post or not, I will reply to this

If it's not personal, why do you feel the need to escalate what was originally just another minor ban of someone I barely even know and resort to personal attacks like calling me hitleresque? I'm not offended by that, I find the very idea of being compared to the murderer of millions of jews hilarious over something like an exploit ban, but that is smoking gun YOU made it personal. What you say about how those things are what I still do is however unconscionable, borderline malicious. You're claiming I still go about on chat harassing people for their loadout choices, which I don't, because I have chosen to moderate quietly as that usually catches rule breakers by surprise. You're also implying I go about slaying people over things like gun throws, which I don't. I haven't used the slay option ever since the "zorro" fiasco. And again with the "sorry if that's how you feel" nonsense, is sincerity that hard to come by these days?

I never said you were cheating, that would imply you did something to modify the game code and pulling off impossible actions. This next paragraph goes to show how arrogant you are, as if bending the games rules to your benefit is "adding more depth", that's polishing a turd my friend. That sounds like something EA would do, calling lootboxes "surprise mechanics". And also that it's somehow the other players' responsibility to figure out how to cope with your rule bending. Yeah, I've got an idea for that one, how about stop the rule bending and actually play fair and square? You can cut out the nuance trolling here, exploits in games ARE meant to have a negative connotation, whether you personally like using them or not,

Again with exploits being "advanced mechanics", polish a turd all you want but it'll still stink bub. 

Yeah there it is, folks. It's what YOU truly believe, but your beliefs aren't the rules. You bet I will continue to enforce this to any other player who does it, be it some FOFCL champion or some chump who just joined FOF  a week ago. That's how I do things, not deliberately targeting someone who's "too good" as you kept thinking.

I was only trying to get the false negative ban removed because it wasn't for any misdeeds, not because I have sympathy for you. I don't ban people for shits and giggles much as you struggle to comprehend such a mindset from me.

Edited by l156a21