Guest Saizy

Nature's Beauty Devlogs

Guest Saizy
Posted  Edited by Saizy

title.png.6a1cbc2462e478bdaa15297a4b7fb9b9.png                                          
  DESCRIPTION
I always wanted to code an entire ecosystem with natural selection, disasters, mating urge, hunger/thirst system, "super-realistic" clouds, human intervention & predator-prey relationships. Thus, the idea for a "ecosystem" type game came along. It is essentially similar to the Ancestors game, if anyone remembers that, but without the three dimensional game-play aspect of it. You start as a bunny, and you unlock new species to play as when you gather points. Gathering points is as easy as eating, drinking, mating, successfully evading a predator & among other ways. It's entire purpose is to simulate a ecosystem and nothing more. Might be a bit boring but it will be completely free on Gamejolt with a donation option. I figured, since I am making this game, I'd take the GFL developers along with me; so with @Roy's permission, I started this thread. Each time I comment, there will be a new devlog with a tutorial included--along with teasers & images. It will be a top-down game, with foliage & different type of customization biomes to your choosing that has different types of animals for your preferred ecosystem. You can spectate as well, you don't have to play as a animal. The different type of planned biomes are; desert, taiga, forest & ocean. I will give out more information as you ask questions & devlogs come out. I am excited to begin developing this in Unity, as it will strengthen my C# coding skills, as well as teach some of you guys something new.

SPOILERS & IMAGES
will update with code & images as devlogs come out

TRELLO
https://trello.com/b/XkCEcbS2/natures-beauty

INSPIRATION
Simulating Natural Selection - YouTube
Simulating Foraging Decisions - YouTube
Epidemic, Endemic, and Eradication Simulation - YouTube
Simple Ecosystem - Coding Adventure - YouTube

Animal AI Testbed

Edited by Saizy

Guest Saizy
Posted  Edited by Saizy

Quick fix to add a Trello of my progress, give a proper name & to make this all look nicer for future devlogs.

Edited by Saizy