MaxDevill666

Discussion of the word ching chong and admin abuse

I just got muted by the magnificent admin @rod for saying the world ching chong , witch is crazy and funny since not only i being saying it since ever, but never actually got muted before, with this say i ask u. Is that a "slur" cause if it is i will like to start muting every1 who calls me a mexican , cause with this logic that will also be a slur towards hispanic people.

Fun fact aswell im not even saying it to disrespect some asian guy, i literally just sayed: hey its neko my favorite ching hcong how is it going.

NOW THE ADMIN ABUSE 😄

This abuse from @rod its starting to be annoying as i just got muted twice today by this guy for no fucking reason, he is literally just muting me at this point just to make me look bad. Its truly getting on my nerve as i have not being playing lately because of all this abusive admins towards me and the hate i receive , literally the same 3 idiots complaining and bitching that i should get perma muted, even tho im reformed and not even playing regularly.

Ty for ur time and i will be seeing u on the next post (prob reporting admin abuse again KEKW)

Posted  Edited by FordoGreenman

Although I'm not admin - I do have a lot experience being one.

Granted it's not my place here to say; I feel leaving my point of view might be helpful for everyone involved.

Saying 'ching-chong' in the context of greeting someone you know/assume to be of Asian background is a bit too far, IMO.

The reason I say you might be going a little too far, is because the phrase implies a kind of mockery toward Asian language, or heritage name-sake even. (again, from my point of view)

Even if you were also Asian, and greet someone else with the phrase, it still looks bad on the server as a whole if the admins/mods let you do it; the reason being every other player around you can hear it.. if someone takes offense in the context of possible racism by using the phrase, and nothing is done... GFL staff could be pinned by other players as bigots/racists; not to mention you, for saying it.

I'd go to wager the mute was done in just. Everyone in every server has the same set of rules - admins can't just let one person bend them, even a little. AFAIK, they definitely don't/won't allow anything inherently racist, even if you don't see it as such.

Also, if someone is calling you Mexican as a greeting, or just overall... and you don't like it.. ask to be called something else. Considering, "Mexican" is a race, I feel unless used in a negative context, it's not a slur. It's a politically correct way to name a race, just like Caucasian, African, European, etc etc.. each one describes the lineage of where you descended from.. Ching Chong is a blanket term, albeit a terrible one. Mexican relates to Mexico, where their namesake comes from. IF you aren't from Mexico; IE Honduran, Spaniard, etc.. correct them.

You've gotta think of the whole picture, not just yourself my dude.

Good luck.

EDIT: Yeah, just watched the clips from @Sabeypls - I'll have to go with a -1 for an un-mute on this one. I don't even think my vote would matter here but good grief man.

-Calling others retarded
-Telling someone to go kill themselves

-Being overall really obnoxious with a lot of "STFU"s

You need to calm down, man. It's a game. If you don't agree with someone, or they don't agree with you.. leave, or mute them on your end.

Either way, you were muted for ultimately saying racist slights so................

Edited by FordoGreenman

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

Ooof this guy malding XD

So from now on calling some1 a mexican for being hispanic and having an accent should also be consider a "slur" , because if u think that is racist to call some1 a ching chong because he is asian its alsor acist to call me a mexican just because of my hispanic accent 😄

Posted  Edited by DUSTY

Before this gets closed let me say no one in the history of the server has been muted for saying that. Perhaps the yelling and perpetual need to start a fight with everyone was your downfall.

Just from my perspective.

alliteration bonus +1

Edited by DUSTY

Posted  Edited by Im_not_ninja
9 hours ago, sMercy said:

how is this man still able to talk after 50+ comms thonk

CORRECTION: He has 70+ comm bans and a month ban for trying to escape his punishment.

Edited by Im_not_ninja

200.gif

Posted  Edited by akphilo

You get a feeling real quick what is allowed or at least not punished if you are not using some slurs frequently. An obvious no go is the word nigger. I dont know why people make a big fuss out of it when they get punished for using the n-word. it is as almost common knowledge. 

Using "ching chong" is deemed as equally bad. While noone bats and eye if people call you cracker, gwai lo or nazi. Thats just the way it is in this world. 

Maybe some people have fragile egos and cant take a little banter.

Bottom line should always be "dont be a dick".

I want to end my post with a question: Anyone else noticed winnie the pooh looks a little bit like the chinese president?

edit

rod did nothing wrong, he did everything correct

Edited by akphilo

your profile is 33% complete!

Imagine blaming the admin for doing their job

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓭

Qualified gamer and professional moron

Admin on Breach (loony bin)

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Kappoochino
14 hours ago, MaxDevill666 said:

I just got muted by the magnificent admin @rod for saying the world ching chong , witch is crazy and funny since not only i being saying it since ever, but never actually got muted before, with this say i ask u. Is that a "slur" cause if it is i will like to start muting every1 who calls me a mexican , cause with this logic that will also be a slur towards hispanic people.

ur mutes https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_1:0:92076890&Submit

Total Blocks: 76 

no abuse 

:shrug:

Edited by Kappoochino

Im dead...

45 minutes ago, akphilo said:

You get a feeling real quick what is allowed or at least not punished if you are not using some slurs frequently. An obvious no go is the word nigger. I dont know why people make a big fuss out of it when they get punished for using the n-word. it is as almost common knowledge. 

Using "ching chong" is deemed as equally bad. While noone bats and eye if people call you cracker, gwai lo or nazi. Thats just the way it is in this world. 

Maybe some people have fragile egos and cant take a little banter.

Bottom line should always be "dont be a dick".

I want to end my post with a question: Anyone else noticed winnie the pooh looks a little bit like the chinese president?

edit

rod did nothing wrong, he did everything correct

Facts. Looks like you're the winner of this argument.

200.gif

11 minutes ago, Kappoochino said:

Exactly. You're also the winner of argument for stating the fact that Rod did NOT abuse his power of the mute. The ban should've been longer than a month, but it would've extended it to 2-3 months.

200.gif

Posted  Edited by Elemental

The whole situation seems a little iffy from my perspective. Yes Max has a bumpy history and tends to break the rules alot. The issue is that people and even admins have used the phrase "ching chong" many times in the past and went unpunished. I am not saying rod was in the wrong for the mute, he was being put in a tough position and in the end a mute was probably necessary. I also left the server before the actual mute was issued, but if there was no warning it doesn't make sense to me that he would be hit with such a brutal punishment for saying a phrase that I have never seen anyone punished for even though it has been said many times by players and even admins.

Edited by Elemental

This isn't going anywhere. I'm going to lock it before it gets even more out of hand.

As has been said earlier in the thread, if you want to report admin abuse, use this form: https://gflclan.com/forms/11-abuse-reports-form/

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements