Guest Saizy

George Floyd’s Death & The US Riots Discussion

Guest Saizy
3 hours ago, King_Wailord said:

Do people even know how India gained their freedom from the British East India Company and Monarchy through peaceful and non-verbal protests? The fact that people are supporting riots that literally destroy innocent lives and society is just ridiculous to me, and I really just don't understand it, no matter how many quotes you throw at me.

As for the actual situation, yes, racism is an enormous issue in the USA and to be realistic here, the entire world. As pointed out by pigeon, though, every racial minority (and majority for that matter), does come under discrimination due to their physical appearances at some point in time due to the pre-built stereotypes that people have developed through living around certain peoples and cultures. I mean think, it wasn't long ago that Americans in California were being extremely prejudiced and racist towards the Chinese who were literally stuck in the United States after they sailed across the Pacific in order to find new jobs to provide for their family. After arriving, they simply could not make enough money to get back to China so many of them were stuck and decided to send all of their money back to their families. This led the American people to be seeing the Chinese as poor people who were useless to society and thus racial stereotypes were born against the Chinese on the East-Coast of America.

There are COUNTLESS other examples of racial prejudice against various groups, in which peaceful protest has resolved, or at least partially resolved a situation... and for people to be justifying the looting and raiding by saying that "we need justice now!", in my eyes its simply a brain-dead argument with no one looking and learning from the past. Just to be clear, of course I do not support the cops in this case, they were obviously murderers and deserve to be in prison for their crimes, however, breaking the law and tearing down this country should not be the reaction of the people who no longer wish to protest peacefully. 

It's just my opinion that there has been peaceful protests against this time & time again. Petitions. Calling into your representatives and it still happens. I don't blame them for being outraged, but it is the government's fault for the riots.

I believe that this is the critical part of where it will spark the second American Civil War. Until the government take the action to put mandatory police retraining, and a major revamp towards to the system across the nation, the violent riot is going to keep happening. 

76561198043643390.png

I've held my tongue at work, and across all of my social media accounts for the simple reason of me not understanding it. Of course i understand the George Floyd situation, and the seemingly endless brutal killings and examples of police brutality. I've never felt oppressed or anything of the sort, But for some reason this one example has really changed something, in me, in the entire country. It has made me reevaluate a lot of my values, and the way i think. I was a Sheriff's deputy from ages 18-20, in a small town. Surprisingly i personally never ever witnessed or experienced racism in the department.  It's sad to say, i don't think i would have had.. well honestly the balls, to stand up to a superior and tell them they're wrong, or need to stop doing something. Now, i'm in the military and have a certain level of authority, and i tell people to call me out on my shit. I don't get mad or upset if someone tells me if i'm wrong, or if they tell me i need to chill out. I wish that leadership was more well represented in our law enforcement, but i truly don't think it ever will be. My city is burning right now, riots are widespread, and i can't say i disagree with them. They've tried the peaceful way, kneeling during the national anthem, BLM marches. Nothing seems to be clicking, so i truly think the only way to get people high up to listen, is to start breaking things they care about, start making enough noise so someone actually listens to them. If you've managed to read all of this thank you, not sure why i'm making my first comment about this on a gaming community, but it kinda feels right. 

Posted  Edited by Warceus

Obviously everything that's happening is bad. No doubt that the fault is in the government. To riot and raid stores behind a protest, however, is unreasonable. No reason to take it out on something unrelated, despite how angry the "protesters" are. Nothing is gonna happen overnight either. Everything is taken out of context even if a single police officer happens to so speak a word to someone. The government has their system to fix, but the rioters have their part too in calming down. If this escalates even more, I'd hate to have my future affected because of it.

Edited by Warceus

harid_banner.thumb.png.a2c3417f65254627947ee30d83c3f2d1.png

I make Forza related pictures.

ec85f122-b2e6-47e5-8595-f3c0386a2fec.thumb.jpg.1bd32b01001e971abc6d7f9f437a4fac.jpgb5b694c4-4d0e-44ae-bc91-b3e45c189864.thumb.jpg.44385542bbc8cf92c15871c4539acbe3.jpg

ScreenShot_17-05-29_11-17-42-000.jpg

Posted  Edited by Joshy

That's cute.  Thanks for enlightening us.

Can you help me understand why a shotgun was involved in the first place?

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by JGuary551

Eye for an eye thank you very much.
cop should of got off (death penalty) 

send all racist people to prison forever. 
#blacklivesmatter 

Edited by JGuary551

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Posted  Edited by flyingjoe32

Locked at the request of OP. This man was taken from our us too soon, may his friends and family grieve peacefully. We appreciate the political discussion but we request that everyone remain civil and respect the deceased.

Edited by flyingjoe32

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

~~~made by @King_Wailord~~~