Icarus_

Online Censorship Executive Order

Posted  Edited by DragoonMCL

This post is sponsored by NordVPN/ExpressVPN. Protect yourself, and start setting up websites in the UK.

7 hours ago, Fertility said:
Ah yes because regulation results in a more competitive market of course.

They have that power? No one is forcing you to look at anything right now.

No it doesn't because that's a policy of the United States not the actual set in stone law.

Which is exactly why it shouldn't be removed.

No it won't be, it will require companies to moderate more.

Did you even read the Order? I took the time to skim it, then I read it, and it pretty much adds more detail to Section 230, modernizing it. That Tweet may just be either what he wants to do, or he's just feeding his followers that, because they all hate Media Bias.

Edited by DragoonMCL

[Signature]

Achievements

Posted  Edited by DragoonMCL

14 hours ago, Fertility said:
Weird I thought you were in favour of free speech, are you perhaps suggesting I shouldn't be allowed to express certain messages on GFL?

Millions of sites are hosted in the US, it will affect him

Your reading comprehension is poor as fuck if you think giving websites immunity from what their users post is anti-freedom.

A/ Not really, we're just requesting that you stop acting rude, and start being nice, just like a sane person would.
B:/Well, yes, but US Laws shouldn't affect how UK Citizens (By extension, a denizen of any country save for the US and their territories) browse the Internet.
C/ Did Saizy ever say that? Hm? No? Okay, then let's move on. I believe that some of your grammar comprehension is below average, and there are a few points in your rant that could really use a comma. The flow of the entire State of the GFL Address would look much nicer. Does it feel good to be called out for something that doesn't really matter? No? If it doesn't, then as you may have been taught in Primary,  "Don't treat people the way you don't want to be treated."  A Golden Rule, indeed.

Edited by DragoonMCL

[Signature]

Achievements

On 6/9/2020 at 5:04 AM, JGuary551 said:

Ban the retarded president from social media, please and thank you,

Its stupid that he got his baby back bitch feelings hurt and now he wants to do this. Completely dumb, what they should do is make a law saying presidents need to shut tf up and do there job :) 

1590459669943.gif

Posted  Edited by Fertility
20 hours ago, DragoonMCL said:

Did you even read the Order?

The order is what is being removed and modified...

Right now websites are not liable for content posted by users unless they editorialise, like newspapers.

It's why Buzzfeed could be sued for it's Trump Dossier, but I can't sue GFL because someone defames me here.

The amendment seeks to change it so that if a company deletes content or bans user it editorialises and can be civilly liable for what is posted to it's site, it would result in more moderation in attempt to avoid being responsible for anything, and sites that can't afford to hire moderators to monitor everything would be forced to shutdown or be sued because of a few trolls.

A/ Not really, we're just requesting that you stop acting rude, and start being nice, just like a sane person would.

Sorry but if you don't let me be rude you would be editorialising under the new proposed changes.

B:/Well, yes, but US Laws shouldn't affect how UK Citizens (By extension, a denizen of any country save for the US and their territories) browse the Internet.

In my country prostitution is fully decriminalised, a website for prostitutes to advertise on got shut down after FOSTA-SESTA was passed (By Trump by the way)

Despite not breaking any local laws the site had to be shut down and the free market for prostitution in my country got a whole lot less free.

http://backpage.com/ if you want to see the lovely message.

and there are a few points in your rant that could really use a comma.

I'm writing on a community server forum, it's not like it is my wont to write like this.

Meanwhile reading comprehension is always relevant when reading something.

Where'd @Toxic's comment go?

Edited by Fertility

21 hours ago, Fertility said:

Sorry but if you don't let me be rude you would be editorialising under the new proposed changes.

you can do whatever you want

I'm just asking you not to be a cunt for the sake of being a cunt

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

17 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

Lmao retards thinking they can still be toxic and rude fucks, till they get muted/ banned and cry and to get unmuted/unban 

With the amendment to 230 you'd be classified a publisher if you did

• 4 months later...
  • Ben locked this topic