Magic8Ball

Question about your rules on advertising

I was recently banned from the GFL AWP server for having another gaming community in my username. I was curious if this was against the rules? I don't perceive the use of a tag in a username as advertising, but I may be mistaken.

My ban: https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_1:1:7945986&advType=steamid&Submit

He isn't really appealing, he's just asking if having a clan tag is consider advertising. I personally don't think it is. Not unless it has the website address in it, then yeah. But i'm not from CS:GO division, clan tags aren't exactly really advertising or hurting anyone.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

1 minute ago, Bae said:

He isn't really appealing, he's just asking if having a clan tag is consider advertising. I personally don't think it is. Not unless it has the website address in it, then yeah. But i'm not from CS:GO division, clan tags aren't exactly really advertising or hurting anyone.

Yes. This is what I'm asking.

Hello. So, the clan tag in and of itself isn't an issue. This is going to be made more clear to our staff from now on. 

Moving on. Given the ban reason that was listed lining up with what you claimed (bad clan tag), I did remove your 4 hour ban pre-maturely. Upon reviewing this case further it has been made apparent that you did in fact advertise your servers. Chat logs showing you posted an IP to one of them, as well as the fact that some people on the server revealed you were boasting about your anti-cheat being better, among other things prior to the point that the admin in question connected. 

As someone who owns a community such as yourself, how would you react to finding out someone had attempted to poach your players in this way? Let alone the leader of another community. I personally find it impossible to see this ordeal wasn't malicious on your end.

Alas, the decision has been made to make this ban permanent. 

Thanks.

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)