DoctorDJ

so.....whats taking so long

Posted โ€†Edited by DoctorDJ

So I don't wanna call anyone out butย ๐Ÿ‘€ย @TheSadBanditย & @_Rocket_ย whats taking so long to put up a Darkrp. i understand its not over night but a year ๐Ÿ˜…. Any news or something about when it will be outย 

Edited by DoctorDJ

Honestly, from what Iโ€™ve seen, itโ€™s only taking a while until public release because of in-real-life issues that cause delays in work as well as... well... itโ€™s DarkRP. Itโ€™s not a gamemode that can have a good server made on it within a day up to a few months. DarkRP is one of those game modes where it takes time to not only add things that people will enjoy upon release and will be balanced for the economy, crimes, etc. That being said, not sure if youโ€™re a beta tester for it or not cause Iโ€™m too lazy to check, but if you look at the discord channel for it, (again, if youโ€™re a beta tester) the management team for it are taking their time to craft it carefully. Itโ€™s seen that balances and addons that may not be wanted are taken into consideration. Iโ€™ve also heard talk that itโ€™s planned release is this summer, so, if that is the case, not that long. Trust me, the wait will be worth it. Time is being put into it to make it the most likable it can be.

Achievements

Hi there. DarkRP is almost done. We are just finishing come custom coded stuff regarding how the economy works.

ย 

76561198048327544.png

ย 

ย 

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod:ย 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

As far as the game itself & the server, it's almost done like Pyros said. Rocket's busy doing some IRL stuff atm (he's the more back end-y manager). I'm working on the MOTD right now, and considering I'm having to re-write loads of it, it's not the fastest thing to finish. I can tell you that a DarkRP MOTD is 10x as long as something like Prop Hunt or TTT, it just takes time to think of the stuff to put, and to make it reasonable in every scenario. Addons are also a tad hard (for me), as I don't really know how to code, which is why Rocket/Zebra/Pyros help me with that, and the availability all 4 of us have atm to work on it, we're not available 24/7. Not to bad mouth GFL in any way, Manager is a voluntary position, and due to corona & losing my previous job, I was focusing most of my time to secure a job.

ย 

My time's been mostly given recently to re-scheduling it so that I give enough time to all of my roles, while also securing a job (found one, and finished applying, just have to follow up daily). I did want it to release before May ended, but I did lose my job & money income, and IRL comes first.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Guest Saizy

^
ย 

@Fafy punching the air right now.

10 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

I think the people who are working on itย need to put out some updates on the forums so we aren't left in the dark.ย 

It's nearly done. Looking at different addons and ways to make the server entertaining, so when the server does release, it isn't something people are going to be playing for one hour & be done with it.ย 

ย 

We're adding a new economy, a custom one, don't want to spoil the surprise in that. Also redoing the rules & MOTD so that the environment of the server revolves more around raiding & grinding, rather than only grinding in an unraidable base.

ย 

Adding new addons, weapons, jobs, and features to make it fun to make money. Adding a shop so that instead of buying only VIP and getting "everything" with VIP, we will be adding different buyables you can buy with IRL money (for those too lazy to grind) and with in-game money.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

It's mainly because they only keep people up to date on discord. But it's mainly update to the beta testers so not so much updating on forums.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements