Shayna3283

New Moderation application

What is your TeamSpeak username and Discord ID? Blue_Panda130#6053, i dont use teamspeak

Which platforms are you applying for?

Discord Moderator, All GFL Official Discords... or if not, just the Rust Division.

How would you describe your activity there?

Literally anytime, I'm always on all of the servers. I'm mostly active on two GFL servers but I view all chats and find interest into all of your GFL servers and willing to contribute my assistance and any time and every time. I'm able to moderate on my phone and from my computer at any hour and time you ask. I have all my notifications so I'm able to see if there would be any raids, or just someone simply typing something in the wrong channel.

Why are you interested in becoming a Moderator?

I'm and admin on all of the GFL Rust servers, which include Vanilla, 5x, and 10x. I notice that a lot of the times, no discord moderator will be responsive when there is a raid on the server or j someone that needs to be muted and it is very irritating for not just me, but the other staff members that the situation isn't or wasn't being handled properly.

Considering that I'm on literally all the time and am able to respond almost immediately to these situations, I might be a huge help to servers that might need an extra hand.
I would also like to be moderator to be able to help players understand the rules of the game and to help navigate the game be it commands or rules of how to play. As well as help them feel more welcome in the GFL community. Everyone in the community is different with personality and will have different opinions on different situations but regardless of that, everyone needs to be treated fair in any and all servers and one of the only ways to communicate in the servers is through a lot of different channels and I want to help keep them non-toxic and positive throughout my time as moderator.
I am on at all hours and can be contacted at any time over discord to be able to help. I am an easy to talk to person so players should not be worried to reach out to me for help. I want to and do not mind answering any questions or concerns that anyone may have, in fact, it would brighten my day more to see someone shift a smile on there face because of me- Whether that be responding to individuals on the Discord server, the forums, or in-game. Any platform that a player tries to contact me over to try and receive help from myself, I am more than willing to help them in any way possible, and will.

I also have my own discord server itself... it has over 1,300 members so I'm familiar with the duties that may come with it. Although, I have a few admins and assistants myself, so all my focus is going to be on your discord servers and I can swear on that.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message through this website or contact me through discord. Thank you for all of your considerations!

How would you typically go about handling a conflict between two users?

Depending on the conflict, I would normally DM both of the users and get a story from each... look through the messages and see which story lines up and doesn't. Or if they both line up, I would just find the person that would be typically in the wrong, if not both.
If one of the users is blatantly in the wrong and deserves to be muted, kicked or etc- then I may proceed with further punishment.

I would take as much time as it needed to make sure that the conflict was setteled.

Have you ever been warned or muted? If so, explain what happened.

Never.

Moderators, please +1 or -1 this application with an explanation for your vote.

Edited by Shayna3283
added a bit more since its been awhile
  • Like 3
  • OMEGALUL 1

7 hours ago, flyingjoe32 said:

please do not comment on this app if you are not part of the moderation team.

thanks

Joe is right, moderators (and sometimes other higher ups like DL's+ or CA's+) only. In my opinion having your staff comment here (I don't care if you asked them to or not, that's just what it looks like to me) doesn't help and just makes it seem like you're tring to pad the app for whatever reason. Applications are kind of unofficially on hold right now due to various reasons. I'm sorry that hasn't been communicated but that's just how life is sometimes.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, motorsteak said:

Joe is right, moderators (and sometimes other higher ups like DL's+ or CA's+) only. In my opinion having your staff comment here (I don't care if you asked them to or not, that's just what it looks like to me) doesn't help and just makes it seem like you're tring to pad the app for whatever reason. Applications are kind of unofficially on hold right now due to various reasons. I'm sorry that hasn't been communicated but that's just how life is sometimes.

I hate to make it look like I sent them. They stumbled across it themselves after seeing a link to it and probably just wanted to say something nice to get a smile out of me. I apologize for the inconvenience.

13 hours ago, motorsteak said:

and no worries, I understand that life for everyone is kind of at a crisis and I respect all the time you need before putting in an opinion.