Cassie

The Future of Breach

The Future of Breach: Player Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What would make the server more interesting/enjoyable or would draw in new players?

• New Maps
    • New Playable SCPs/Classes
    • Balance changes for SCPs
    • New Special rounds/Changes to special rounds
    • Event Rounds (Explained in post)
    • New items/interactable entities (Explained in post)
    • Making the gamemode harder
    • Pointshop additions
    • Allow you to vote for a map you're already on
  2. 2. Why do you think the server has less activity?

• Not as fun as it used to be
    • The gamemode itself is dying
    • The community isn't that inviting
    • Players only get on when they see other people on, so it creates a feedback loop where no one gets on.
  3. 3. How often do you play breach?

• If I have free time and I see it has about 20+ people, I get on.
    • If I have free time and I see it has about 10 people, I get on.
    • I always get on at certain times each day, even if there is no one on.
    • I play every few days, whenever I feel like playing.

Played the game mode to the point where I was getting deja vu because so many rounds were just the same thing, not at the fault of Xy but just because there is only so much you can do on a multi-teamed SCP shooter

Game got boring after I realized that and eventually just quit GMod as a whole.

jeff.thumb.PNG.515f13fb133bfbd537a85f49e907a6c6.PNG

lAMBDA.PNG.1cc4866737ae922c28b191fc7d34da87.PNG

image.png.a7c623a1ba6f9154c57c14452dfe97c7.png

Jeff.thumb.PNG.1abceb929b623d24bb7a0b903cc6a4e1.PNG

Screenshot_20180704-135932.thumb.jpg.3eb7c802b6d382b007dc3df610bc7835.jpg

tlder.PNG.2d8a5c3cd481e6c663b6ffb2adf18ba1.PNG

tdler2.PNG.03badf187a07ab13a5970b04d58b5cbc.PNG

Guest Saizy
Posted  Edited by Saizy

@Exhaustive

No, it was an entire W they got banned. Good job Duc, probably your best career decision maybe ever.

It’s definitely up there with some of America’s greatest achievements; winning World War 2, creating The Constitution, & maybe even landing on the moon. It was a by far, a great decision.

Edited by Saizy

Posted  Edited by Kaitsedd

yeah we banned the most frequent players who were also the most toxic and the biggest troublemakers on the server

Edited by Kaitsedd

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓭

Qualified gamer and professional moron

Admin on Breach (loony bin)

Achievements

Main reason is we're not inviting enough to new players as well as the rounds taking longer than necessary to end. If new players join and die instantly to Tesla or 173 then they usually have to wait 12 minutes or less to play again.

Yeah the bans didn't help but I feel they were necessary.

Also it's a quite complicated game mode for new players, so I feel that should be addressed as well, maybe simplifying the mode to make it easier for new players to learn/win.

Guest Saizy
Posted  Edited by Saizy

Basically what Carthing said. If people want to play Breach, a better alternative ( and easier to understand ), would be Secret Lab. Making the game easier and more accessible to newcomers would generate new players. There hasn’t been any recent updates as well, so the game is starting to feel stale too. Strictly saying Breach is dying because of the bans is self absorbed stupidity, it’s a factor of many things, including the game not being fun when there is less than 10-14 people on. It’s still active on good days though, as it is the only US non-toxic server.

Edited by Saizy

I think that breach has been less active because the game isn't friendly to new users.  I think that It's good to keep adding new stuff to the game to keep regulars coming back, but honestly I also think it's kind of a double edged sword. I think that if I were to join the server for the first time right now, I would probably die at the beginning of the round a lot because I wouldn't know how the game works or how to escape, and what makes it even worse is that as a new player you're instantly going to be playing against people that know the maps and the game really well. My point is that I think the regulars on the server have gotten too good, to the point where new players struggle to survive a round or have fun, and that all the different roles, items, scps, weapons, etc. can be confusing to new players. Honestly I don't think there is a way to make the game inviting and fun for new players without screwing over the regulars, which is pretty much why I've given up on playing on the server.

- Former HnS Senior Admin-

- Former Prop Hunt Manager-

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

:lenny:

Posted  Edited by Maximino007

Personally I believe a majority of SCPs need to be changed/revamped to make them more unique and fun to play as/against (especially 106) before any other SCPs are added into the game. I also think there should be some kind of voting system to skip rounds so we don't have to wait 4 minutes because a single researcher is lost.

Edit: Also SCP Boosters

Edited by Maximino007

Posted  Edited by chan_man1 - Edit Reason: Entry

Even the first time I played things were confusing, people were fucking blasting deja vu on the jukebox while fighting off 173 in an alley. Though despite that I thought that such a gamemode was interesting for its creative use of SCPCB, and I still think it's like that to this day. I just cant wait to see what happens next.

Also INDESTRUCTIBLE SPACE MAAAAN

Edited by chan_man1
Entry

Posted  Edited by dipper_43

i recently with a friend played breach for the first time we left after 2 rounds because it was almost completely dead and the people who were on just tryharded

Edited by dipper_43

Achievements

I’ll confirm everyone’s statement that the game itself isn’t friendly to new players. I myself first joined the server many months ago and was completely clueless as to what to do, and I even asked several admins for help and was just ignored. Obviously I’m not an expert in the game mode but I’d really suggest working on being more helpful as a staff team to newcomers 

Achievements

Posted  Edited by stuhlie1 - Edit Reason: oh and before i forget bring the nuke back it was fun :D

I think i have an good idea. implement Id Cards. With ID Cards the vestes making more sense to wear and also new players  have a chance to get out and for the pro gamers its harder to know who its who. and what i seen on an polish breach server was that they have many classes like SD or 05 or janitor, class d veterans, GRU,  GOC and with more classes there was more fun there and maby put an big map somewhere im LCZ so the new players where spawned as class d can look at it. i saw that on rbreach and it was a good info for me there. Me making breach fun. i almost play everyday on it even when there is only one player on. And sorry for my bad english.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

euer (your) stuhlie

Edited by stuhlie1
oh and before i forget bring the nuke back it was fun :D

Posted  Edited by Sonicsnake - Edit Reason: no u no u

bah

breach himself is very repetive whit time same rounds diferent items

spawn go get a keycard die by a 076 you dint see behind 

wait 

wait

wait

wait

oh boy  you respawned

oh nvm 049 just "was there" in the elevator and you are now zombie

LOOK !!! A RESEARCHER WHIT A 500 !!! 

OMG he is like everyone else so he killed you

you dint respawn what a noob,

here is what happen 70% of the times

D Bo- Class : you are dead already lol (if you rush you die by a tro then if you stay... idk i dint try that by also 173 will get you behind)

Researcher : you have to rush tro and stay "safe" in ez but if a commander help you (GOD DAMMED BLAZEHORNY616nowwhitsugar YOU JUST KILLED ME BECAUSE YOU WAS THINKING I WAS MAYNARD) you escape

Tro Guard : just rush the d b class and kill they, if you see an scp you close the door and go the next room to camp it ! , IT NEVER FAILS !!!

NTF (god they are all the same lol) : go down and if  there is an scp you just have to camp !, what ? you dont know how to camp and all the maps are different and not all will can camp ?

1. yes you know

2. all the maps have only one way to get out and it is pretty big so scps are not a harm ! (except 096 lol)

CI : say that you are ci in chat and nobody will never know who you are

SCP : yeah ! the fun part ! (kill.)

Spectator : OH BOY wait time.

really Sonicsnake ? just critic but no responce ? lol yeah

fuck breach and fuck SCP-SL whit bad optimitation 

im going to a minecraft server.

btw i really like breach and i just think that the most "mecanic" changing is the 512. 

( its not the number of items, its the variety of them. Also dont mind this comment because is my opinion, i really think the breach managers are doing a great job in the code )

SPOILER ALERT: scooby doo is a dog

whit that say, i leave

12 year old toxic guy out

Edited by Sonicsnake
no u no u

JPEG_20190720_102316.jpg

epic = )

I loved breach but now it seems like the gamemode/server is entirely just a big loop. If I wanted to have fun on Breach I would get on garry's mod and see that the servers empty, so I would just go get on Secret Laboratory. What I can say is the server declined for me when it basically just turned into SCP:SL. 

I can really agree with sonicsnake's comment about how depending on which class you get how they are all just a loop.

I will say make more randomness and stuff ( not just event rounds and shit ) or just really anything. if not that all I can say is that the breach server has run its course and its done anough, you have to admit its just kinda boring and is not really played anymore, if abunch of shit is added, gets played for like 2 days and then slowly declines again I dunno what I would do

Just my own personal story, first and foremost I usually only play when there's 40+ people on. I do enjoy the chaos it brings. If there's less than 30 people on, I won't join. Just not as fun for me personally. But I haven't regularly played in over a year. Playing the same map constantly got pretty tiring. I also didn't enjoy some of the newer rules that were passed at the time. Rounds generally take quite a while to finish and there's very little to do while spectating.

I think the biggest thing is the popularity of SCP:SL. While each game mode has its advantages, it's obvious people prefer SCP:SL over the Breach gamemode on Gmod.

It's sad to say, but I really do think it's just time for Breach to end, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. GFL's Breach server had a very good run. Some of my best Gmod memories are on that server. But other games and gamemodes have popped up, it doesn't have the draw it once did.

SCP SL have the most useful thing that in mexico we call "esta gratis pendejo, compralo ya" 

its free,and that when you put SCP in steam the first thing that shows is SCP SL dont help much lol

trully 12 year old kid whit an voice that make him dont use his own mic

JPEG_20190720_102316.jpg

epic = )