Cassie

The Future of Breach

The Future of Breach: Player Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What would make the server more interesting/enjoyable or would draw in new players?

• New Maps
    • New Playable SCPs/Classes
    • Balance changes for SCPs
    • New Special rounds/Changes to special rounds
    • Event Rounds (Explained in post)
    • New items/interactable entities (Explained in post)
    • Making the gamemode harder
    • Pointshop additions
    • Allow you to vote for a map you're already on
  2. 2. Why do you think the server has less activity?

• Not as fun as it used to be
    • The gamemode itself is dying
    • The community isn't that inviting
    • Players only get on when they see other people on, so it creates a feedback loop where no one gets on.
  3. 3. How often do you play breach?

• If I have free time and I see it has about 20+ people, I get on.
    • If I have free time and I see it has about 10 people, I get on.
    • I always get on at certain times each day, even if there is no one on.
    • I play every few days, whenever I feel like playing.

Breach has always been an endless loop. What made it different? The people that played.

Posted  Edited by Charismatic Charms

Ya know, uh kinda wanted to always talk about this, haha. I just wanted to make some realistic things clear and stuff, so here we go.

Yeah GFL Breach really peaked with like 50 players all day long, but uhhhh that was at a different time. Different players, different everything.

Truth be told, People kinda are right, Breach RP not just on the server, but as a game mode is really just endlessly a loop. And I just think theres never gonna be a breach rp server (English wise) that ever becomes what it once activity, was, and thats just the reality of things. 

Gmod players like playing on things where when they earn things, they keep it. Breach rp doesn't do that, it requires a lot and demands alot of stuff on players, and new gmod players just can't work hard like that. No offense.

Now I wanted to talk about the good things about this

REMEMBER WHEN- GFL literally only could get like 9 players at a max for like two months, at any given day or time. We all kinda just sat there heart broken watching the server go into utter darkness, people resigning, people leaving, etc. I remember, that was sad.

BUTTTTTTTTT GFL revived it somehow, brought it out of darkness, and now even though it doesn't have the unrealistic 60 players every day, it still has players, and it still gets around late 40ish players peaking on a good day. 35 players usually, and around 30 avg, drops at around 25 on busy days. That's actually not horrible bad. 

Now if breach had to survive on its own, or wasn't managed by people like high staff GFL who have ties to Gmod, then it really wouldn't exist today.

Wanna know the sad truth about breach rp, not even about the server? Its such a hard game mode to run, its not swrp, dark rp, or anything like that. It just is a game mode that's fallen over the years, dont blame GFL for that, I remember all those servers that had to be shut down cause breach doesn't do very well all the time.

Truth be said... GFL breach rp is really all there is, and all there ever will be English server wise, or run a system in the way it is now.

There's only a few hundred players who play on breach rp everyday, and that'll probably never change. In all honestly, you'll never really see a active breach rp server other then ours that will be what breach once activity was. Sorry to break that to you, if you plan on starting a server cause you dont like this server, well you probably will have that up for two months before you have to realize 8 players on any other non-GFL English server is as good as its gonna get for you.

I love GFL, cause if it wasn't for GFL, well then Breach wouldn't be a thing unless you spoke Russian. :).

Edited by Charismatic Charms

Also to add on to this

If you wanna increase players:Make a reward for people who invite their freinds onto the server.

Adding site 65 very soon, would also help.

But I still stand factual correct when I tell you, that as of right now, and the future. GFL breach might not be 50 players every hour, but its the only attractive one thats ever going to be around. 

8 hours ago, Charismatic Charms said:

Ya know, uh kinda wanted to always talk about this, haha. I just wanted to make some realistic things clear and stuff, so here we go.

Yeah GFL Breach really peaked with like 50 players all day long, but uhhhh that was at a different time. Different players, different everything.

Truth be told, People kinda are right, Breach RP not just on the server, but as a game mode is really just endlessly a loop. And I just think theres never gonna be a breach rp server (English wise) that ever becomes what it once activity, was, and thats just the reality of things. 

Gmod players like playing on things where when they earn things, they keep it. Breach rp doesn't do that, it requires a lot and demands alot of stuff on players, and new gmod players just can't work hard like that. No offense.

Now I wanted to talk about the good things about this

REMEMBER WHEN- GFL literally only could get like 9 players at a max for like two months, at any given day or time. We all kinda just sat there heart broken watching the server go into utter darkness, people resigning, people leaving, etc. I remember, that was sad.

BUTTTTTTTTT GFL revived it somehow, brought it out of darkness, and now even though it doesn't have the unrealistic 60 players every day, it still has players, and it still gets around late 40ish players peaking on a good day. 35 players usually, and around 30 avg, drops at around 25 on busy days. That's actually not horrible bad. 

Now if breach had to survive on its own, or wasn't managed by people like high staff GFL who have ties to Gmod, then it really wouldn't exist today.

Wanna know the sad truth about breach rp, not even about the server? Its such a hard game mode to run, its not swrp, dark rp, or anything like that. It just is a game mode that's fallen over the years, dont blame GFL for that, I remember all those servers that had to be shut down cause breach doesn't do very well all the time.

Truth be said... GFL breach rp is really all there is, and all there ever will be English server wise, or run a system in the way it is now.

There's only a few hundred players who play on breach rp everyday, and that'll probably never change. In all honestly, you'll never really see a active breach rp server other then ours that will be what breach once activity was. Sorry to break that to you, if you plan on starting a server cause you dont like this server, well you probably will have that up for two months before you have to realize 8 players on any other non-GFL English server is as good as its gonna get for you.

I love GFL, cause if it wasn't for GFL, well then Breach wouldn't be a thing unless you spoke Russian. :).

Also gotta account for the fact that there were a ton of English breach servers back in the day which made breach higher on the server list. One of the reasons why DarkRP is still one of the most popular game modes today.

1 hour ago, reme leader 049 said:

Also gotta account for the fact that there were a ton of English breach servers back in the day which made breach higher on the server list. One of the reasons why DarkRP is still one of the most popular game modes today.

Absolutely correct, Im honestly not a fan of DARK RP that much, but it being dominantly English is what is a factor as to why some game modes have been ranked so high for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

first of all i don't think its the gamemode and community i think you should give them simple instructions like in secret lab.

1. I would suggest to make videos of what is breach, how does it work or what are the classes, i feel very sad looking at new players getting warned. but i believe if you showed how the game works or how does the game work then you can see a huge spike in the server.

2. I believe its down because its not getting a lot of updates as it usually back in the day, today you would get no updates from this server.

and 3. i believe this game doesnt get much attention the gamemode was back in *think* 2015? anyways i dont think breach is going to be alive soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by Jomean

I was thinking of making the gamemode a bit more realistic. i.e make shy guy have his scream,  bring the old guns back, and possibly add audio for scp 682 . just a suggestion and also if you can. make  106   walk through doors or make him  leave his corrosion effect behind?

Edited by Jomean

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Jomean said:

oh. also  im on right now and I heard that  the server will be shutting down? is that true?

Not if we bring the player base back up