Kazarov

A small suggestion regarding utility

Posted  Edited by Kazarov29

I saw a lot of CS:S ZE videos on Youtube where they have smoke grenades that have freezing effect to zombies. So i am wondering why this hasn't been implemented in CS:GO ZE yet. I think smoke grenade can also be used as another way to slow down zombie by freezing them obviously. I think about 5 seconds of freeze time would be enough.

However, using the smoke grenade must be utilized with caution because, to add a bit more of a twist, if someone have froze a group of zombies with a smoke grenade but then someone accidentally throws a HE grenade, it could cancel the freezing effect without having the zombies to burn, making them mobile again once more. So i think this would add another layer of teamwork and communications between the humans so they wouldn't have such accidents like this.

EDIT: To make this more balanced for the zombies, players could not buy both HE and SG twice because obviously it would be overpowered and favors the humans when they can simply throw 2 HE and 2 SG anytime they want. And when you have about 40+ humans well... you get the idea. So i propose that buying either an HE or an SG for the first time COUNTS as buying the 1st utility. So the max utility you can buy is 2 so you have to plan your utility spending carefully whether you are going to have 2 HE or 2 SG or 1 HE and 1 SG.

I hope you like my suggestion and have a good day!

Edited by Kazarov29

So theoretically, say theres 54 cts then they could have 108 smoke grenades, freezing the zombies for 540 seconds or 9 minutes, thats the length of most maps/levels. Now sure obviously humans wont throw nades perfectly and 108 nades would never be thrown but you hopefully get the point. Ive played ze on csgo servers with smoke grenades and theyre always really ct sided due to these nades (and the length of these smokes wasnt anywhere near 5 seconds). On css Ive only seen smoke grenades available on nemesis maps, a mode which (to my knowledge) no csgo server has implemented. As a zombie it feels horrible to bhop near cts and get frozen and knocked back a mile away. I hope that explains why the idea of smoke grenades isnt a great idea for the server. :happytree:

2 hours ago, Kazarov29 said:

I saw a lot of CS:S ZE videos on Youtube where they have smoke grenades that have freezing effect to zombies. So i am wondering why this hasn't been implemented in CS:GO ZE yet

I think it has to do something with making the game too easy for humans to win/escape. Not having freezing nades typically end up having challenges. 

I should note that I rarely play on Zombie Escape and pop on the server once in a blue moon. though. 

76561198043643390.png

1 hour ago, 1mpact said:

So theoretically, say theres 54 cts then they could have 108 smoke grenades, freezing the zombies for 540 seconds or 9 minutes, thats the length of most maps/levels. Now sure obviously humans wont throw nades perfectly and 108 nades would never be thrown but you hopefully get the point. Ive played ze on csgo servers with smoke grenades and theyre always really ct sided due to these nades (and the length of these smokes wasnt anywhere near 5 seconds). On css Ive only seen smoke grenades available on nemesis maps, a mode which (to my knowledge) no csgo server has implemented. As a zombie it feels horrible to bhop near cts and get frozen and knocked back a mile away. I hope that explains why the idea of smoke grenades isnt a great idea for the server. :happytree:

Ah i didn't think of that. Or maybe count SG as buying 2 utilities as opposed to 1 for HE to make it more balanced?. 1 SG x 54 players = 54 SG = 270 seconds = 4.5 minutes worth of freeze. Also make the effect non stackable so no matter how much you throw into an already frozen zombies the freeze timer would never go up or reset. It would only affect unfroze zombies.

And about that knockback. I think knockback is nullified when zombies are frozen. Being immobile is bad enough and now being knocked back so far away is worse. I think this is a better solution?

smoke grenades will freeze zombies in place on any moving platform, pretty much kicking them off the platform as they phase through the platform while the platform is moving.

no, will be way too ez for human, just think about in every elevators, every up/down platforms, every moving objects, u throw one grenade and all zombies there are stucked in that position and miss the moving objects and all fall

It is just not balanced 

Based? Based on what? In your dick? Please shut the fuck up and use words properly you fuckin troglodyte, do you think God gave us a freedom of speech just to spew random words that have no meaning that doesn't even correllate to the topic of the conversation? Like please you always complain about why no one talks to you or no one expresses their opinions on you because you're always spewing random shit like poggers based cringe and when you try to explain what it is and you just say that it's funny like what? What the fuck is funny about that do you think you'll just become a stand-up comedian that will get a standing ovation just because you said "cum" in the stage? HELL NO YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, so please shut the fuck up and use words properly you dumb bitch

I used to play on another ze server and they had freeze nades. It was balanced due to the fact zombies could run at 300 units. When zombies are this fast, freeze nades are absolutely necessary. 

asdf

Imagine using smoke grenades on long defending maps such as Minecraft Universe, Dark Souls, or even the Shrek level from Diddle. You're gonna make yourself a complete scumbag for immobilizing zombies in hard defending positions.

200.gif

I would say things are actually fine the way they are. Imo the server has the best settings, you actually need to use your gun and aim rather then simply using freeze grenades or molotovs. I get where your coming from seeing other servers with all these grenades but that what makes gfl special. 

11 hours ago, Im_not_ninja said:

Imagine using smoke grenades on long defending maps such as Minecraft Universe, Dark Souls, or even the Shrek level from Diddle. You're gonna make yourself a complete scumbag for immobilizing zombies in hard defending positions.

this is literally where they would be the least overpowered retard