Cpt.Haxray

Poll: Weapon Revamp

Weapon Revamp  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go ahead with the planned weapon revamp?

• Yes, I agree with your planned weapon revamp
    • No, I don't want to have less guns to play with.
    • Yes, but not with the one you suggested here(Please leave a comment explaining what you would prefer)
    • No, I think the current weapons are fine
  2. 2. If you approve of the weapon revamp, what should the third SMG kept be?

• The UMP
    • The Mac-10
    • The Bison
    • The Mp7
    • The MP9
  3. 3. What rifle should have the Krieg behavior?

• The Scar-20.
    • The Ak-47
    • The Aug
    • The Famas
    • The G3SG1
    • The Galil
    • The M4a4
    • The SG556

Hey folks.

I was considering doing a gigantic revamp of the weapons in breach yet again. I know there has been several and every single one has gotten mixed results, but I want to do one final one to try to hopefully get rid of all of the problems we've been having with the weapons. This revamp would reduce the amount of weapons we have to a more reasonable amount to make it easier to make each one stand out, as well as make it easier to balance.

What this weapon revamp would entail:

-3 Smgs(the mp5 as the special commander weapon, and two normal ones: the P90 and im not sure of the other one yet).

-2 Rifles(Likely the M4 and a equivalent to the original Krieg).

-3 Pistols(Glock and Deagle, with the R9 possibly serving as a commander weapon).

-One or Two Shotguns(Depends on how hard it is to balance two shotguns due to the nature of breach).

-All special Role weapons would remain(Flamethrower, the LMG, Dr.Clef's shotgun, etc).

Additionally, each weapon class would have some specific stats in common:

SMGs - No movement speed penalty, less damage than Rifles.

Pistols: No movement speed penalty. Should be intentionally weaker than the primary weapons.

Rifles: Higher damage than SMG and Pistols, but has a movement speed penalty.

General Mockup of each weapon:

Mp5: A hybrid of a SMG and a Rifle, would have no movement speed penalty but a higher base damage than the the other SMGs. Intentionally the 'best' smg due to a single person getting access.

P90: Large magazine SMG with high accuracy and large magazine size and fire-rate, but lowest damage of the SMGs.

Other SMG(Not decided): Normal sized Magazine SMG with higher damage than the P90 and around the same accuracy, but less fire-rate.

M4: Essentially a pretty standard/generic rifle. 30 round magazine, higher damage than the SMGs, but comes with a movement speed penalty. 

Krieg Equivalent: Semi-Auto, highest damage per bullet of any gun in the game not counting the shotguns, hopefully lowest DPS due to being semi-auto. High accuracy, with a movement speed penalty.

Glock: Full auto 'weak' pistol. Should do less damage than any of the automatics(or at best, same damage as the p90 but with a reduced magazine size). 

Deagle: Classic slow firing high damage pistol. Should do more damage per shot than the SMGs, less damage than the Krieg Equivalent. Ideal damage would be around 3-4 shots to kill(not counting armor).

R9: Commander exclusive pistol. The Deagle but with the option to rapid fire, and with less recoil than the Deagle. 

Shotgun: Should deal the highest total damage of any gun(Krieg does more per bullet than the Shotgun does per pellet). Should kill an unarmored target in 1 shot upclose to make it not weaker than the other weapons(2 shots would likely result in other guns being stronger), but should quickly fall off at range. 

Positives of the Change:

• Easier to make each gun stand out and have an use.
  • Less weapon bloat causing confusion for new players needing to learn all of the guns.
  • SCP-914 update made much easier to finish due to reduced amount of weapons and items needing upgrades made for them.
  • Ability to add additional guns down the line with a much more solid baseline.

Potential Downsides of the Change:

• Less guns overall making people feel like they're losing content.
  • Inevitable tweaking needing to be done after the update comes out to ensure the guns are in a good spot.
  • People feeling sad over losing their favorite weapons.

Im making this a poll to see what you guys think.

Guest Saizy
Posted  Edited by Saizy

This was needed for the longest time and something I was vocal about. Thank you so much.

As for personal opinion, reducing the weapon count is a smart move since most weapons are completely useless. The main meta weapons we all use; AUG, P90, & Flamethrower, is too overpowered and does need a significant nerf, or in the Flamethrowers case, possible removal (due to the countless of times trying to improve just leading to failure.)

I think the biggest thing to get rid of for a weapon balance is knockback. It should be possible given my knowledge of coding but it’ll take work to tweak it for each SCP & weapons, but it’s a must have in my opinion.

I personally don’t think shotguns are possible in Breach. They’d become the new meta pretty fast, unless you buff SMGs as a good alternative, but this leaves LMGs & MGs useless. I’d like to see it tested out though!

Once again, thanks for finally doing a overhaul for weapons. The meta is broken.

Edited by Saizy

24 minutes ago, Saizy said:

I think the biggest thing to get rid of for a weapon balance is knockback. It should be possible given my knowledge of coding but it’ll take work to tweak it for each SCP & weapons, but it’s a must have in my opinion.

173 needs this the most. He should take no knock back. 

2 hours ago, Sprinklingmydoughnut said:

Also good ideas Haxray, along with the maps, the weapons have had the most glaring issues in breach imo. SMGS with the csgo update were beyond broken and the damage should definitely be toned down.

I would like to bring up that people complained they were too weak, and when I upped them to the next damage break point(Et: Damage values where amount of shots needed to kill someone decreased) they complained they were too strong. 

Posted  Edited by Sprinklingmydoughnut - Edit Reason: Grammer
1 hour ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

I would like to bring up that people complained they were too weak, and when I upped them to the next damage break point(Et: Damage values where amount of shots needed to kill someone decreased) they complained they were too strong. 

I can see that but the smg tweek made a lot of the rifles useless. The smgs did just as much or more damage than the rifles and adding on the rifles other issues(the movement speed penalty and the lower clip size), it made the smgs the go to weapons. 

Edited by Sprinklingmydoughnut
Grammer